What happened to this place?

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Karl Seddon
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

What happened to this place?

Post by Karl Seddon »

It seems the forum got much slower since my last visit some years ago. Why are registrations closed? Is this forum meant to get axed?

Anyway, if this forum is still a thing, I'd like to join a game.
Regards, Karl.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: What happened to this place?

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Karl! Yes, the forum is still a going concern. About a month ago, the board had an upgrade which actually made some things worse. We were hit by a wave of spammers, so carnage_lee temporarily suspended new registrations. We're still getting a bunch of spammers from fake users that had already registered (I just wiped out three of them), but I'm hoping security can be beefed up somewhat so I don't have to keep playing whack-a-mole with them.

You'd be welcome to join either or both of my games. The Horror in the Blackout takes place in London in September 1940. While it's nearing the conclusion, there are abandoned characters you could take over, though you'd need to do some back reading. It's the fifth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. You're free to read the previous adventures, of course. I would especially like a new player for an abandoned companion for the next adventure in the campaign, which will be set in Renaissance France.

There's also Zombie Apocalypse, though that doesn't involve the Cthulhu Mythos; it has its own similar mythology instead. Currently it's between chapters, but I'm planning to start Chapter 2 as soon as I have time. That's the perfect time to jump in, as I've added a few dozen new characters, so no prior knowledge of Chapter 1 is required to play them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Karl Seddon
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by Karl Seddon »

Sounds good, both games look interesting but since the first one is nearing conclusion, I'd rather join the second one. Let me know what's required and I'll jump in.

Some forums have an option to require every first post to be approved by an admin before the user is allowed to post freely. That might help root out spammers, if you have access to anything of the sort?
Regards, Karl.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you. With Zombie Apocalypse, you are advised to play multiple characters, as it's a highly lethal game. While you can play only one character if you wish, the recommended number is three, and you may play up to four if you're up to it. The character sheets are here. Feel free to look for them and then post in the character selection and discussion thread to let me know your choices. I'll then send you a PM with their secrets. There are thirty-six new characters added for Chapter 2 which require no catching up to play, with all but a few playable. If you play multiple characters, you should pick one character per section (there are 18 characters arriving from Warren AFB, 9 characters at Warren AFB, and 9 characters at the airfield) unless you are playing four characters. In that case, I recommend playing two characters arriving from Warren AFB and one from each of the other two sections. The two characters should also be in different subgroups. You should also read the rules and guidelines thread. It may be some time before I get Chapter 2 properly started.

It will probably be a few months before the sixth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is ready to get started, but you'd be welcome to join in on that one as well.

The way this board is set up, new posters are only allowed to post in the Game Recruitment area at first, though some of the spammers managed to pollute a few other boards (I just wiped out another one). If they're legit, any Keeper, moderator, or admin can validate them to allow them to post anywhere. If they're not, one of the global moderators or admins (usually me) gets rid of them. It's really up to carnage_lee to configure stuff like this. As an admin I probably have the power to do this too, but I don't really know how to do it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Karl Seddon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:07 pmAnyway, if this forum is still a thing, I'd like to join a game.
Specifically one, or are you open to more?

Return to “Players Looking For Games”