[OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

[OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Raiko »

Out of character chat for the Peru chapter.
Peru & Lima Map - 1921
Peru & Lima Map - 1921
This article and/or similarly worded adverts appear in newspapers and academic notices in several major US and European cities / universities:

Expedition Advert

Anyone who makes inquiries about joining Larkin's expedition quickly receives the following Telegram:
Telegram from Augustus Larkin
Telegram from Augustus Larkin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Mr. Handy »

If you set yourself as Standard Moderator (the default) when you created the forum, that may be why you can't change posts' authors. Only Full Moderators (or custom settings with that ability selected) can do that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thanks, I'll test it out again:

Post to test "change author again!"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Nope! :?

I checked, and I'd already set myself with Full-Moderator (and I applied it again just in case), but I still can't change authors - I tried a random post in the pre-game thread as well, just in case it was only a problem with my own post.
The option's there, and it lets me select a new author, but doesn't actually switch it when I confirm.

No worries though, it's a minor thing and I think I've only ever used in on "cast-of-characters" posts before (to give away abandoned investigators). You'll all just have to re-post your investigators into the new thread yourselves. ;)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've now tweaked the first post to include the initial three handouts.

IC Thread on it's way! :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I always make myself a Full Moderator for my own games, but I've never actually tried to change a post's author myself, so I don't when it stopped working. I just post and maintain everyone's character sheets rather than relying on players to do it. Whenever I need to make a change (Sanity and HP adjustments, skill checks, inventory updates, and the like), I do it myself and make sure that everything is up to date and correct. Of course, I never found the time to post character sheets for the non-TARDIS crew in The Brotherhood of Death, which was a problem, but I managed to get through it and made sure the sheets were done for the next adventure before it started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

IC thread is up.

You can post as much or as little as you wish regarding how exactly you made your way to Lima. You can either be already checked into the Hotel Maury (of which I'll post details later), or can head directly to the bar.
If your character made enquiries before departure then post something here in the OOC thread, or PM me and I'll get back to you.

Assume that although you may have crossed paths in the hotel earlier today, you have not spoken to each other - apart from John and Marcus - prior to arriving at the bar to meet with Augustus Larkin.
Mr. Handy wrote:I always make myself a Full Moderator for my own games, but I've never actually tried to change a post's author myself, so I don't when it stopped working. I just post and maintain everyone's character sheets rather than relying on players to do it. Whenever I need to make a change (Sanity and HP adjustments, skill checks, inventory updates, and the like), I do it myself and make sure that everything is up to date and correct. Of course, I never found the time to post character sheets for the non-TARDIS crew in The Brotherhood of Death, which was a problem, but I managed to get through it and made sure the sheets were done for the next adventure before it started.
I've used it before (on the original Masks game and BtMoM), but I don't think it was working in our previous Masks game. No worries though, I'll let you all post your characters - I prefer player posted sheets, so we can both edit when needed.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Amy - and anyone else as they arrive and meet the three strangers - can make the following rolls:
  • Psychology
  • Spot Hidden
  • English Language (Hard - ie half value)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Kabukiman has let me know that he's currently on holiday and so can't guarantee posting often, so I'll look after Anderson between kakukiman's posts. Try to avoid needing too many direct responses from Anderson/kabukiman until he's back from his hols. :)

I'll make Anderson's dice rolls later, and also give the results to those who've already rolled.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

For those who passed a spot hidden roll:
Spot Hidden Passed,There's a peculiar rank smell, that is difficult to notice thanks to Larkin's expensive cologne. The smell is that of spoiled meat
For those who passed a psychology roll:
Psychology Passed,Luis de Mendoza positively hates Jesse Hughes. And although Hughes is doing his best to appear jovial and relaxed, he clearly distrusts the other man. Perhaps a heated argument might have occurred shortly before your arrival.
For those who passed a Hard (half value) English language check:
Hard English Passed,Larkin's accent is from British East Africa - recently (1920) renamed as Kenya Colony
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Rolls for Anderson:
Spot Hidden @65%,[dice]0[/dice]
Psychology @10%,[dice]1[/dice]
HARD English @32%,[dice]2[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm going to wait a few hours and make my next post in the morning (it's midnight here) to give chance for those who've not posted yet to arrive.

If you're online in the meantime feel free to chat in character - don't queue up too many questions for the NPCs please. :eek:

I'll make at least a couple of IC posts tomorrow to get the three NPCs chatting with you about the expedition and answering your questions.

Anyone who's not joined in after tomorrow will need to try and catch up.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

If my character looks good, then I'll join in tonight. I was just kind of waiting for the go ahead from you. :ugeek:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Zero wrote:If my character looks good, then I'll join in tonight. I was just kind of waiting for the go ahead from you. :ugeek:
Ah right, sorry yes. Everyone's characters are fine. I'll double check exact numbers over the next few days, before anything dramatic happens, but everyone's okay to post in character. :)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Splendid. :) I did the best I could to get my die rolls to suit the character I had in mind beforehand. Some of the numbers seem a bit odd, but it is what it is.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Now that we're going, please could everyone make sure that they have subscribed to this sub-forum and/or the IC and OOC threads? Although I feel slightly hypocritical, given that my previous game(s) stalled due to my own absences, I am determined to keep this game moving fast. I'm hoping to get the time per chapter down to six-eight months rather than one-two years, and to complete this prologue within about two months. So if we can keep a good pace we can hopefully complete the entire campaign in three-four years.

@Zero: Note that the Bar Cordano is a restaurant and is not a part of the Hotel Maury.

@Zero and Mallet: Feel free to make the same Spot Hidden, Psychology and HARD English Language checks as everyone else - the results of successful rolls are as given in the spoilers of my earlier post.

Going forward, I'm going to do my best to provide spoiler tag wrapped results for dice checks that I request, so that the game doesn't slow down by maybe another day or two while I ask a roll, you make the roll, I PM the information and then you make another post.

This isn't a campaign that hides vital evidence behind a skill roll, if you search the right desk or defeat the right bad-guy, then you'll collect the relevant handouts and all the vital clues are handouts. So skill rolls just provide extra details rather than key plot-essential information. :)

Regarding skill rolls, for anyone not familiar with 7e - take a look later at the rules n stuff thread. I'll add some notes about using luck points and pushing rolls. Those are the most significant changes from earlier editions, but they are rules that you need to make use of yourselves - I'll never ask you to push a roll or to spend luck points myself.

I'll add those notes later today.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

For anyone who makes a successful Archaeology roll:
Archaeology Roll successful,The two pieces are from distinctly different time periods and cultures. The pendant resembles some artefacts taken from Tiwanaku on the Bolivian border, probably dating back to the 5th century, while the cup is of Incan design, probably from the 15th century.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Oh, my bad. Not sure why I thought the bar was adjacent to the hotel lobby. Not to worry, I can adjust my previous post then. As for the rolls, it had gotten late, and I forgot all about them. I'll include the rolls in my follow up, thanks.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Zero wrote:Oh, my bad. Not sure why I thought the bar was adjacent to the hotel lobby. Not to worry, I can adjust my previous post then. As for the rolls, it had gotten late, and I forgot all about them. I'll include the rolls in my follow up, thanks.
No problem at all.:)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've had some problems with battery drain on my phone today and unfortunately my phone is the only way I can access these forums or the book pdfs while at work. I had planned to make a lunchtime post, but can't do without checking some details in the adventure.

I'll be able to make a new post tonight from home. :)

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”