IC-Ep 5-SNAFU(Salem/Newton)

As UNIT's raid on Dunwich unfolds, disaster strikes. The opposition is prepared for their attack, and everything hangs in the balance of a battle that could go either way.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 5-SNAFU(Salem/Newton)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
12:31 AM- Saturday, September 7, 1985

"The local bobbies are in on it," said Salem to Newton. "We had a run-in with them last time we were here. One of them shot me in the back as I was fleeing. If he had alerted them, it would have meant trouble."

A panicky voice came over the radio: "This is Greyhound Two! We just got hit by a tidal wave! We're capszized...going down..." Then there was nothing but horrible silence.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 5-SNAFU(Salem/Newton)

Post by dustakr »

'..sorry, got distracted by last transmission, hope its not that bad..out there' Newton Follows,'was they after Dr. Kirby?..or they just got lucky..'. Newton pauses for second '..but In any case I would suggest,.. you should alert guards over walkies about them..and tell guards to update status every 5min over line..'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, good idea," said Salem, relaying the message to the guards at the inn. "Elliot and Mrs. Soames sprang Valerie and rendezvoused with us on the beach. I don't think the coppers were looking for her or expecting to find her there, though. We had tied up Horsham in his shack on the beach, interrogated him, and taken his diving gear. One of us used the phone to call UNIT HQ from there. I suspect that the local telephone operator eavesdropped and sicced the police on us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Horsham..right, and he is..?' Newton tries to guess the answer by himself but waits and ensures Salem heard him...'by the way, why beach, why not Inn?..I mean who suggested to meet at beach..'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Horsham owns the shack on the beach near the cliffs," said Salem. "He sells fisihing supplies and diving gear, and rents boats. We didn't exactly plan to meet on the beach, it just worked out that way. MacIntyre and I were holding him prisoner in the shack to make sure he didn't escape and alert anyone. Elliot Webb and Mrs. Soames joined us there after rescuing Dr. Kirby. I'd have rather they had simply left Dunwich right away. Everyone else went into the nearby caves and didn't come out the same way. Leonek Novak, Tobias Maddox, and Chad Engraham found another exit in the ruins above the cliffs and made their own way back to HQ. Story and his friends never returned."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Well..not particularly but..didn't you find anything fishy about Horsham, I mean ..being prisoner and answering your questions, no escape attempts...' Newton now gets little concern over last communication from Grayhound two as time goes...Newton runs through communication gear and tries to listen any response over radio.

ooc,listen [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Horsham was literally fishy," said Salem. "Either his mother was a Sea Devil, or his father was. He did manage to escape too, during the fight with the cops on the beach. I didn't see it happen, but I think he's the one who killed Raymond MacIntyre."

A bright red glow was briefly visible in the eastern windows. "Someone out to sea fired a flare!" reported one of the soldiers outside over the walkie-talkie.

"Could it have been from Greyhound Two?" asked Salem in reply.

"Hard to say, sir. I suppose it's possible."

"Greyhound One, this is Greyhound Three!" shouted a frantic voice on the radio. "We've got a hull breach!"

"That's the submersible!" cried Salem.
OOC,You can hear what's coming in over the radio without needing to roll. A Listen roll would be needed for hearing anything going on outside or upstairs, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'that red flare might attract lots of sea devils also....' Newton tries to make sense..'..did Dr. Kirby ever talked with anyone why she was at Dunwich in first place...?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She talked to Dr. Richard Strong," said Salem. "He's fully human. He's old enough that he was here before the Sea Devils came. He lives in the Rose Cottage, about halfway down the street. I think she told Virgil Soames too."

"Sir, a boat's come ashore on the beach," reported one of the guards on the walkie-talkie. "Looks like it might be survivors from the HMS Brighton."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'did Dr. Kirby mentioned about Dr. Richard Strong..do we have any plans of meeting Dr. Richard..' Newton listens to guard over walkie, '..I think we should call in Dr. Strong for meeting..' Newton holds a thought for moment..'We need to tell Brigadier about survivors..and a boat'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem nodded. "Trap One to Greyhound One," he said over the radio. "We've got a report of a boat coming in to shore. Possibly survivors from Greyhound Two." Then he spoke to Newton. "We can't just call Dr. Strong on the telephone. They'll be eavesdropping on our calls, and we don't want to place him in danger. Our radios are secure, but he doesn't have one. Someone would have to go down to his cottage. You can go if you like, but not alone. Take a couple of the men out front with you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Shield, can you check on Grayhound Two.., their backup are literary ashore in front of inn..' newton moves out of restaurant 'I will arrange two guards to move out..maybe ask our prisoner for some direction in dark out there..'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll do that," said Salem. He kept trying to reach Greyhound Two on the radio, but there was no response.

Newton returned to the lobby, where Brian remained tied up behind the counter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'..we are moving out me and prisoner..we are taking two guards with us..you stay with Dr. Shields..', Newton walks towards guard in lobby.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Newton got Brian to his feet and guided him out the front door into the pouring rain. The squad of guards out front parted to let them pass.
OOC,[b]Newton[/b], please roll Spot HIdden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

ooc,[dice]0[/dice]
'..how do you see anything in this weather..' Newton points at rain...
ooc1,does Brian waits for rolls or behaves as favour to request basis?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brian peered into the sheets of rain. "You can't," he said. "If you're looking for Dr. Strong's cottage, it's down that way." He pointed to the left down the street. "About halfway between here and the church. It's right next to the public phone."
OOC,[b]Brian[/b] cooperated with your request without you needing to roll anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Let's move... ,' Newton gets prisoner pacing down the street. '...Get me to cottage and I let you free.. Just don't go back to Inn.. '
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Here now!" said the sergeant. "You can't let him go! He'll warn the enemy!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Alright Sergeant,.. but I wont be leaving him alone..and considering its request from Dr. Shields, either you get me 2 of your men to secure prisoner till we reach at rose cottage or We stay and you get us Doctor here at Inn.' Newton tries to find way out of situation..'though we want you here as welcoming party for our new friends out there..'

Return to “Episode 5”