IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: March 24, 1921, 11:00 AM

Each of you show up about 11 am. The house looks very much like it has in the past. The cigar & magazine vendor, Joe, is on the street again hocking his wares. With the exception of Joe, no one else is around and no cars are around. Joe smiles at you as you pull up to the house.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

Post by Priest »

Scott, showing the eagerness of the new guy, pulls his motorcycle to a halt and pushes his goggles onto his forehead, peering up and down the road.
Scott thinking:   No one here yet but that's fine I can wait.  
Inside his jacket the comforting shape of the war souvenir .45 gives him confidence, but he can't help remembering that the reporter guy who got stabbed had also been carrying and it hadn't helped him one bit. He shudders slightly and not from the cold.
Scott thinking:   Maybe I should hightail it now before the others get here? But then this whole ghost thing is kind of fascinating.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard arrives at the house with his satchel over his shoulder with all of the tools that he requested from Ms Patton.
He see's Scott standing by his motorcycle and walks over to him and says "Morning Scott, glad to see that you decided to stay with our marry band" and Richard reaches out to shake his hand.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a sheepish grin, fears dismissed, Scott pulls the glove from his right hand and reaches out to shake Richard's hand. Turning he unstraps a satchel from the back seat of the bike. Military khaki marked with a red cross it bears the marks of age, use, and battle scars. He holds it up for Richards inspection, "Just a few bits and pieces that I hope we don't need but feel happier having, if you get my meaning?"

Again he peers up and down the road, "So I guess we wait. How do you want to play this?"

He partialy opens his battered leather coat, which was also a souvenir of the war in Europe and had once been part of a German fliers uniform, reavealing the butt of the black pistol nestled in a shoulder holster beneath his left arm to pull his tweed cap, neatly rolled, from within. With another grin after running his fingers through his thick wind swept hair, he pulled it on, "Right, I'm ready"
- Anais Nin
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael is next to arrive, already frowning. It was hard to get excited about another visit to the hell house. But there was something evil in that house, and the former cop couldn't walk away. Especially not after what happened to Warren.

Seeing Richard and the new guy, Michael offers them both a nod and a grunt in greeting, but does not shake their hands. He's too distracted to worry about pleasantries at the moment.Crossing his arms, he stares off in the direction of the house.

I'm going to beat you, you son of a bitch.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison arrives too. He grunts a hello at those present and then looks at the house as he lights a cigarette.

"You guys ready to go in again?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard states to everyone "Well as far a a plan goes I say we remove the boards from the outside of the house that are over the basement windows, we need to get some light in there"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Charles arrives in time to hear Richard's comment. "Even if it doesn't kill whatever's in there, should make it easier to dodge whatever sharp things come flying in our direction this time. By the way - has anyone given any thought as to how we climb down into the basement, given that the stairs are largely, well, not there?"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard reply's to Charles "Good point, I brought plenty of rope but maybe we should get a ladder or something to lay down above the stairs that reaches from the top to the bottom of the stairs that way we dont have to rely on the stairs at all."
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Well, we probably should have thought of that last night, I doubt we'll find a ladder around here. A rope should do the trick, I think."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Ok, I suggest we start removing the boards. The others can join when they get here."

Harrison looks around the street to see if the others are on their way.

"I'm going to buy some smokes first."

He goes over to Joe's.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Scott is glad that the others have arrived it makes him feel a little safer given the stories he's been hearing. For a second he gazes at the taciturn, serious looking Michael there is something in the way he is staring at the house that reminds him of the look soldiers in France had got just before the whistles blew. He would have to take care around him.

"Did anyone bring a crowbar or something to prise the boards off?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison walks across the street and down a bit to the vendor. Joe smiles at him, "you're back messing with that house again. Nothing goods going to come of it. Burn it down I say." Then he seems to remember something, "what can I get you."
You are still waiting on Jordie and Sonny to show up, but you start on the boarded up windows.
ooc,everyone make an idea roll for me.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard pulls the hammer and crowbar out of his satchel and says "I have that covered" and offers the hammer to someone as he digs out a spike to to offer the person who takes the hammer to assist in removing boards.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard idea roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Scott's idea roll,75% 1d100 → [16] = (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4379652/
"I'll take that" says Scott, gesturing at the hammer.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You notice while there are boarded up windows into the basement where you were at, there are windows into what should be the basement beyond what the room you were in.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OOC:   Richard makes sure that the boards are removed from every basement window on the house, he also looks into each of the windows to see if he can see anything. Richard is trying to understand the layout of the basement rooms from where the stairs lead down into the basement  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you rip the boards off towards the back of the house, you see the windows are also painted black.
As you rip the boards off closer to the front of the house, where there should be no basement, they are also painted black.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

"Well, someone's definitely interested in keeping the light out," muses Charles. "We could smash the windows - but that might attract more attention than we might like."

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”