'Off the Record' - OOC Discussion

A 1940s pulp game for Call of Cthulhu....Infiltrate the Ahnenerbe and join the enemy in Berlin. Accompany the expedition to darkest Afrika to uncover a secret best left alone. Nazis! Archaeology! Exploration and Madness!

Moderator: Airbornexo

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

'Off the Record' - OOC Discussion

Post by Airbornexo »

This thread is for all OOC discussions, introductions, general wonderings and game news.

Cheers, Hal
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: 'Off the Record' - OOC Discussion

Post by Chivalrybean »

Hey oh! Just posting a hello. I don't have a character idea, yet. I want to read all the stuff first. That should give me some ideas.
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

I think I'd like to be a medic.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! Sounds good to me! I have a feeling we're going to need one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

I got me a shiny new pic for this character.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi everyone,

This game is taking shape already, we have four characters on board (a couple needing tweaks) and hopefully a couple more to come. I was hoping for five to six players.

Welcome aboard and watch this space as I will be adding things gradually over the next week or so as people get characters in to me.

Cheers, Hal
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

Methinks I have all the details on my guy in. You'll want to keep him alive, because he'll do everything he can to keep you alive.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Hi! I'm thinking of making an archeologist, I will PM the details latter.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Five characters done now (I've had nine enquiries but I am tempted not to go beyond 8) unfortunately is has become a first come, first served situation.

Cheers, Hal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

This is coming together nicely. Can't wait to get started! :)
Chivalrybean wrote:Methinks I have all the details on my guy in. You'll want to keep him alive, because he'll do everything he can to keep you alive.
I'll try my best, but it won't be easy with his CON 5 and 9 HP. Still, I survived The Haunting with a 9 HP character in spite of serious injuries, so it's not hopeless.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

At least he took a Dodge class in college. {:0)
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Right six characters in the bag, I have outlined the adventure based on an old CoC supplement (if it suddenly starts looking familiar to those with a large collection then I can only apologise) - The Pits of Bendal Dolum. It will run pretty much to the book with a couple of changes to keep experienced players on their toes (for one thing I have renamed and changed around the NPCs to keep you guessing).

This adventure is split into seven chapters with the final two being the longest (if the team make it that far). I will sub-divided the team at certain times to make sure all the investigators get their moment in the limellght. I am not interested in rules lawyering, just a good game experience - the lighter on rules we can run the better!

I'm actually writing the introductions now, one for the civilians and one for the OSS. I intend to get started by the weekend, with a small break August 21st - 28th when I am away on holiday.

Cheers, Hal
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

One thing...I'm away next week.
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

Combat query: Since we are using Hit Locations, should we be descriptive as to what cover we are taking? That way if we are standing behind a sandbag wall, for instance, and a bullet hits us in the foot, it's essentially a miss?

Also, my guy has an invisible kevlar wall that travels all around him. but still lets him interact with the world, as it only stops harmful things. {;0)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Been out of town, I'll get my character done tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Looks like a good collection so far. Any thoughts on what we might need still?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Chivalrybean
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Chivalrybean »

Another medic to keep the con 5 medic alive? {:0p
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

We get EDU x 20 occupational skill points, not EDU x 15, so Paul Eckhart should have a total of 380 of them for an EDU of 19. Botany used to be a skill in earlier editions, but it got folded into Biology along with Zoology (which also no longer exists). The stats are displayed a little funny, but it looks like he is supposed to have INT 10 and POW 14.

Alvaro Uribe's languages aren't listed. I hope he speaks something besides just Spanish, or nobody will be able to understand him. He looks cool, though!

William Percy should specify in which Art he has points.
Chivalrybean wrote:At least he took a Dodge class in college. {:0)
Kirsten took that same class, and she aced it! ;) It looks like William Percy did too. The Entertainer occupational skill list I used includes Dodge. Not all entertainers would have points in it, but it actually makes sense for Kirsten given her background and OSS training.
Airbornexo wrote:Right six characters in the bag, I have outlined the adventure based on an old CoC supplement (if it suddenly starts looking familiar to those with a large collection then I can only apologise) - The Pits of Bendal Dolum. It will run pretty much to the book with a couple of changes to keep experienced players on their toes (for one thing I have renamed and changed around the NPCs to keep you guessing).

This adventure is split into seven chapters with the final two being the longest (if the team make it that far). I will sub-divided the team at certain times to make sure all the investigators get their moment in the limellght. I am not interested in rules lawyering, just a good game experience - the lighter on rules we can run the better!

I'm actually writing the introductions now, one for the civilians and one for the OSS. I intend to get started by the weekend, with a small break August 21st - 28th when I am away on holiday.

Cheers, Hal
The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm sure I don't have it and I've never read or played it. Thanks for the early start! Everything's shaping up very nicely.
BenTheRat wrote:Been out of town, I'll get my character done tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Looks like a good collection so far. Any thoughts on what we might need still?
Another medical person couldn't hurt. We could also use a guide of our own so we don't have to rely on the one the Nazis bring. But you should play what you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I was thinking of History of Art, so Percy may recognize objects and possible influences for other cultures (and discover if they are fake or true).
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

One idea I was playing with was a native of the Congo. Educated in England with some medical training, but returned to Africa and does dual duty as a doctor / ritual witchdoctor. Use the Parapsychologist set of skills. This could cover a few things and be helpful.

I'll roll him up tonight and get some stats together.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Native? In an expedition with nazis? You have courage...

Return to “The Pit of Lokheri”