New York - 12th to 27th January 1925

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

OOC: Chapter 1 - NEW YORK, Starts 12th Jan 1925

Post by Raiko »

Since we are, I believe, only waiting for Johnny Wong's final character sheet (and I didn't have any problems with his draft), I'll try to start the IC thread tonight (it's currently my lunchtime, so look for the IC thread in about 10-12 hours). :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ok, I've started the IC thread, I've also sent a PM to imme detailing what she knows of her friend Jackson Elias.

I'll let things move slowly to give Grafster chance to post Johnny's character sheet, but hopefully we'll get to the 15th of January by the end of this week.

In the meantime, Elizabeth needs to get everyone together, and then you can all decide whether you want to do anything before Mr Elias gets in touch.

I'd just like to say that I've been stunned by how much fun the character creation part was, your characters are all brilliant, and I can't wait for the adventure to really get going. :D
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Meanwhile..

Post by coffee demon »

Woo hoo!

(I'm too excited to get started, so excuse me while I get Andrei going in the OC thread... :) )

Andrei is sipping coffee in his upscale New York apartment. He's standing over his desk, where his most recent investment and financial statements are laid out.

The outlook is not good - so far, Andrei has had no luck with any of his business ventures in America.

"If this keeps up for another year, the family fortune will be down the drain", he thinks.

He thinks about Elizabeth, and what would happen to their relationship if we went broke. He could never let that happen. Or at least, he could never let her know.

He feels a headache coming on, and goes to the bathroom for an aspirin.
He changes his mind, pours his coffee down the drain, and makes a scotch instead.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

You can post that in the IC thread if you want. :)

Everyone: It's ok to post what your character is up to before Elizabeth gets in touch, sorry for not making that clear.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Hope you don't mind my inventing a park and a man called Bernard. I just figured that, since it was a prequel and likely doesn't matter, you wouldn't mind. Feel free to chastise me and I can just put him in a nondescript hotel or pub or something.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Don't worry, I'm sure the Russian Twins will be contacted soon enough..

I hope you don't think I'm being a weenie!

As if Andrei is going to have them over for a party with his girlfriend though. :P
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

You don't need to wait for me yet, Elizabeth can join Andrei as soon as Imme likes, and the Twins can meet up at the park.

Imme can move the game onto the morning of the 13th, and then everyone who has an invite can meet at Elizabeth's Manhattan apartment.

I'll keep an eye on things, and post whenever necessary.

Grafster hasn't been in touch yet, but I've PM'd him, and he can begin posting for Johnny as soon as he's online.

EDIT: Grafster PM'd me while I was writing this post, he's busy with wedding plans so Johnny can either join in now, or take advantage of imme's post about his bad leg.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Decrepit »

“Say something else in that wonderful Russian of yours.”

“I took $20 dollars and a few Cubans from your husband’s cigar box,” he said in silky smooth Russian.

She smiled and kissed him even deeper.

“I trust you won’t think poorly of me,” he continued in his native tongue.

I don't usually do this, but I have to single this out as most excellently done. Whole post.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Instant family, just add Maksim" is an awesome line, by the way. I stand impressed.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

I pm'd Raiko about this but I was traveling for the last few days and expected internet access (and time) didn't materialize.

I'll work to minimize occurances like this in the future and give people a proper heads up when that happens.
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

:D Thanks very much, this game is going to be seriously great, I can tell.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by imme »

Hey Grafster, no problem.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by imme »

Coffee, beware of ever leaving the board. You never know who's going to be let into your apartment .... :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I've edited my post a bit. Just a heads-up that I've added stuff.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

This is great. :D

I can tell I'll have to keep an eye on those Rukov twins, Laraqua asked for permission to crash the party, and before I had chance to reply those Russian boys were knocking on Andrei's door. 8)
imme wrote: Coffee, beware of ever leaving the board. You never know who's going to be let into your apartment .... :D

Poor Andrei. :lol:

I'll leave you guys to continue with your night on the town, I'll be sending each of you information about what you know of the Carlyle Expedition before you get to the meeting at Elizabeth's apartment. For the three Russians this won't be anything, as you would really have had to have been in New York or Africa in 1919-20.

You can go into as much detail as you like about the partying tonight, but please try to move things onto the morning meeting within a day or so, so that the others can join you. :)
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

As a sidenote, are we sure the streets of New York were already crowded with cars in the 1920s? Things have probably changed a lot since then.
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

Crowded enough.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

May not be typical day-to-day traffic, but 1920 New York traffic jam. :)
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Night on the town? Russian twins knocking on my door? Wha' happened?!?

Time to read the IC thread I guess!

Andrei's apartment better not be trashed!
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Night on the town?!? Russian twins at my door?

Andrei's nice tidy apartment better not be trashed!

Time to read the IC thread!

Return to “Chapter One”