To the Manor borne… (everyone)

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: To the Manor borne… (everyone)

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas walks towards the door, holding the lantern up reaches out and turns the door handle.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Philulhu »

The room to the left had some shelves built into the walls which suggested it was a storeroom but it obviously hadn’t been used in some time as all the shelves were bare. In the far left corner was an archway leading to the turret room, with what looked like the start of a spiral staircase.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Post by Snapper »

"Before we head upstairs, shall we check every room on the ground floor? That seems more methodical." Ascot indicates back towards the lobby.

As he heads back, Ascot is trying to make sense of the scene. "Is there some archaic Scottish tradition where at some point you remove people's bones from their coffins and store them in catacombs or something? I've been to Paris, I know they have lots of bones in catacombs. Ugh."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

To the right from the lobby was a spiral staircase leading upwards. There were footprints in the dust on the stairs heading in both directions.

Beyond the stairs was a kitchen. A heavy wooden table looked to have been dragged into the middle of the room, leaving drag marks in the dust, suggesting that the room had also been searched recently.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"True, dont want to miss any sort of evidence."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not that I ken," says Bonnie. "Once someone's buried, they're supposed to stay buried. Of course, Alex MacMorn had some strange ideas, and his descendants may share them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot looks about the kitchen for anything strange, aside from the table being moved. The manor has been abandoned so long, he would be surprised to find anything in the kitchen at all.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Other than the table, the only furniture in the room was a large wooden dresser. All the doors were open and nothing was inside. In the sizeable fireplace, there was a large stove. Again, its door stood open and there was nothing inside.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"strikes me as odd that everything is all ooen, looters nustve had a dield day over the years," observes Dr Douglas.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"It's as if somebody else was searching this room desperately for something. What would you hope to find in a manor abandoned for over a century?"

"Well, let's keep going. I'd be happy just to satisfy myself if there's a family of leopards or pythons or the like living here."

"And let's not forget Mr Price, who's paying our bills, and wants us to disprove the rumours of the other-worldly. Although I'm pretty happy that ghosts don't kill sheep and store them in trees to eat later."

Ascot will continue the search of the ground floor.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Snapper wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:14 pm Image

"It's as if somebody else was searching this room desperately for something. What would you hope to find in a manor abandoned for over a century?"

"Well, let's keep going. I'd be happy just to satisfy myself if there's a family of leopards or pythons or the like living here."

"And let's not forget Mr Price, who's paying our bills, and wants us to disprove the rumours of the other-worldly. Although I'm pretty happy that ghosts don't kill sheep and store them in trees to eat later."

Ascot will continue the search of the ground floor.
The Father Ó Shaban following the group with certain nervousness spoke some strange ideas.

"Forgiveness for ze strrange zeory, sir Ascot, but ze sarcopaghi have made me rremember ze famous book, yes? Ze Bram Strocker book, zree women of ze eating demon kind, yes. Eaters of blood, and capable to make a men sleep with only zeory eyes."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, ye mean vampires," says Bonnie. "I enjoyed Bram Stoker's Dracula, but I ken it isna real. Anyway, those coffins dinna contain their native soil."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas follows Ascot holding the lantern up.lets stick together winking at Bonnie "Theres no garlic in here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bonnie nods and follows as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot looks fractionally uncomfortable. "That's going to be your battle, Father, if we find something out of a Bram Stoker novel. Have the cross and bible and holy water ready."

"To be honest though, I've yet to meet anything that walks on two legs or four, crawls or slithers that can't be shot and killed."

"I have to add, if we do find vampires, Mr Price will be most displeased."

Resolutely, Ascot keeps searching.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

With just three rooms on the ground floor, the search did not take long. They found nothing of interest, apart from the two spiral staircases that lead to the upper floors. The first was just off the small entrance hall with footprints in the dust on the steps, and the second was in the far corner of the storeroom, which appeared undisturbed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's try the stairs to the turret first," says Bonnie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Sounds as good a plan as any, ja? The turret it is." Ascot heads back to the storeroom with the staircase leading upwards.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Snapper wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:32 pm Image

"Sounds as good a plan as any, ja? The turret it is." Ascot heads back to the storeroom with the staircase leading upwards.
"Forgiveness Sir Ascot, but if we arre doing ze hunting of a family of bumas as we arre bresuming, shouldnt we try to speak up our presence going upwards, yes? Ze debredator kind could ambush ze man going up, but a strong noise make keep zem retreated."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"With all this stoor about any large animal prints will be clearly seen, plus at the moment we've yet to seen any faeces."[/b] Dr Douglas mentions, blushing slightly at Bonnie mumbling an apology at the vulgarity of the end of his comment.

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”