Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Re: Track 11: Spooky

Post by jp1885 »

Wanting to ask more about the sidewalk drawings, P tuts in irritation at the intrusion of the TV people.

“We have uncovered no evidence of such a thing,” he snaps. “I daresay you’ve done your own research, hm?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by SunlessNick »

"They're really good," Zara tells Ann Marie. She too looks annoyed at the reporter's arrival.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm Dr. Liz North, from Cambridge University," says Liz, being more polite to the reporter. "I'm a Doctor of Science rather than a Doctor of Medicine, though I do know quite a bit about biology. My colleagues and I have only just arrived and have barely started our investigation, so we really haven't found out much as yet. I can say that I don't believe this is the work of an actual vampire in the traditional sense. No bite marks, for one thing, just a loss of blood."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

jp1885 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:24 pm

Wanting to ask more about the sidewalk drawings, P tuts in irritation at the intrusion of the TV people.

“We have uncovered no evidence of such a thing,” he snaps. “I daresay you’ve done your own research, hm?”
"Cut!" Shade gestures to the cameraman. "We'll edit out this guy and his bodyguard. Focus on the redhead. OK, roll 'em!"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 am

"They're really good," Zara tells Ann Marie. She too looks annoyed at the reporter's arrival.
"Thank you. I can draw a star. See?"

Ann Marie, using a black crayon, very carefully draws a pentagram within a circle.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:40 am

"I'm Dr. Liz North, from Cambridge University," says Liz, being more polite to the reporter. "I'm a Doctor of Science rather than a Doctor of Medicine, though I do know quite a bit about biology. My colleagues and I have only just arrived and have barely started our investigation, so we really haven't found out much as yet. I can say that I don't believe this is the work of an actual vampire in the traditional sense. No bite marks, for one thing, just a loss of blood."
Turning to the camera, Shade says, "That's right, folks. An exclusive interview with the lady scientist who knows all the secrets! OK, Liz, spill it; what do you know about what really happened in the Embalmer case? What is the government covering up? Is this the work of the same monster that terrorized the city last year? America wants to know!"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Having seen off the TV crew, P allows himself a small smile.

Filtering the word ‘star’ out of the hubbub, he focusses this smile on to Susie.

“Can you remember what you drew? Hm, child? Silly looking shapes perhaps?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, but I don't know as much as you think I know," says Liz. "One thing about science is that it's mind-boggling just how much we don't know. In spite of all my knowledge and education, I've only just scratched the surface of everything there is to know. As to the Embalmer, that was a long time ago, and I've seen nothing to suggest that has anything to do with this case. He was a madman and a murderer, but I don't know that there's anything to be covered up. Why do you ask? What have you heard?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"Groovy," Zara says of Ann Marie's pentagram drawing. "Have you ever seen anyone else draw a star light that?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 pm
Having seen off the TV crew, P allows himself a small smile.

Filtering the word ‘star’ out of the hubbub, he focusses this smile on to Susie.

“Can you remember what you drew? Hm, child? Silly looking shapes perhaps?”
"I guess so, mister. Lemme try to show you."

Sketching carefully with a black crayon, Ann Marie produces an odd symbol.

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 pm

"Thank you, but I don't know as much as you think I know," says Liz. "One thing about science is that it's mind-boggling just how much we don't know. In spite of all my knowledge and education, I've only just scratched the surface of everything there is to know. As to the Embalmer, that was a long time ago, and I've seen nothing to suggest that has anything to do with this case. He was a madman and a murderer, but I don't know that there's anything to be covered up. Why do you ask? What have you heard?"
"Plenty, lady." Shades faces the camera. "One. The Embalmer was never arrested, and, if he's dead, no body was ever found. Two, the cops have sealed the records on the case. Three, we have reason to believe the CIA was involved. So what's the real story?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:27 am

"Groovy," Zara says of Ann Marie's pentagram drawing. "Have you ever seen anyone else draw a star light that?"
"Yeah. The Sandman showed me how."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

P immediately recognises the symbol from his studies into the esoteric; it is the cross of Satan.

“And why did you draw this silly thing?” he asks, crouching down to the child so that the TV crew cannot hear him. “Have you seen it somewhere, or did someone show it to you?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It sounds like you know a lot more about it than I do," says Liz. "All this is news to me. Well, I guess that's why you're a reporter."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:37 pm
P immediately recognises the symbol from his studies into the esoteric; it is the cross of Satan.

“And why did you draw this silly thing?” he asks, crouching down to the child so that the TV crew cannot hear him. “Have you seen it somewhere, or did someone show it to you?”
"The Sandman told us to draw it when we want him to play with us. But we always get sleepy when he shows us," she says, with a big yawn.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:44 am

"It sounds like you know a lot more about it than I do," says Liz. "All this is news to me. Well, I guess that's why you're a reporter."
"Cut!" Shade waves to the cameraman. "Well, that was a waste of time. Maybe we can fix it in post production. Come back later when the kids aren't being hassled by tourists."

The pair head away.

"Good riddance," Doctor Hoffman says. "Well, that's where we stand. I could try hypnosis," she continues, fingering the large medallion around her neck, "but that could be dangerous."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Sensing that his conversation with the child is coming to a sleepy end, P tries for one more question.

“And does the Sandman visit you in this hospital?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"How did you meet the Sandman?" Zara asks, just loud enough that the rest of the children might hear too.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's got rid of them," says Liz. "One skill I've learned from being in academia is how to use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. They could just air that footage without the audio, and their ratings would be fine. The camera loves me, and I'm sure the male viewers will too." She tries to think of what she knows about occult references to the legend of the Sandman.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:39 pm
Sensing that his conversation with the child is coming to a sleepy end, P tries for one more question.

“And does the Sandman visit you in this hospital?”
"Anywhere. Any time. There . . ."

Ann Marie drifts off into slumber, snoring softly.

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”