Miss Stockbridge

Enter the haunted world of the classic television series. Become one of the residents of Collinsport, and witness the beginning of the many curses to befall the Collins family.

Moderator: VictoriaSilverwolf

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Miss Stockbridge

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Mr. Handy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:27 am

"Hi, I'm Vicki," says Victoria with a smile. "I'm a friend of Jerry's."
Mrs Stoddard studies the visitor for longer than one would expect, as if trying to place her.

"Victoria," she says softly. "May I ask your last name?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I came here to find Jeremiah Collins," says Reverend Trask. "To be honest, I never expected to find you here. What was your purpose in coming here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's Winters," says Victoria. "Did Jerry mention me?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by SunlessNick »

"Good evening Madam," says Nathan. "I am here in search of a Reverend Orville Trask and a Victoria Winters. I believe they called here earlier. Indeed, I happened to glimpse Miss Winters as I was approaching your door."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Can any visit there, or must one be invited?" asks Josette. "I hail from the island of Martinique. It is a warm place, without ice."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:46 am

"I came here to find Jeremiah Collins," says Reverend Trask. "To be honest, I never expected to find you here. What was your purpose in coming here?"
Laura responds with a silvery laugh.

"What a merry game! Jeremiah follows me, poor old soul, and now you come after him. Very well; you may have him. I have no further use for the poor mooning fool, now that I am Mrs. Roger Collins, and have our son for my own. But take care; do not interfere with my plans. He that would play with matches must expect to be burned."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:48 am
"It's Winters," says Victoria. "Did Jerry mention me?"
When she hears this response, Mrs. Stoddard grows visibly pale, and stumbles backwards into the nearest chair.

"Mother?" Carolyn asks. "Are you OK?"

"Could you get me a glass of water, dear? I feel a little overheated."

When Carolyn rushes off to the kitchen, Mrs. Stoddard whispers "Why have you come here now? What has the orphanage told you?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:59 am

"Good evening Madam," says Nathan. "I am here in search of a Reverend Orville Trask and a Victoria Winters. I believe they called here earlier. Indeed, I happened to glimpse Miss Winters as I was approaching your door."
"Trask? I suppose he's still in residence at the Rose Cottage, heaven knows why, after all this time. Fish and guests stink after three days, that's what I say. Still, nobody's business but Mrs. Stoddard's.

Turning her head, she continues, "Miss Winters? Fella here says he knows you."
Spoiler:
More to clear my own head than anything else, I'll state here that this is the latest timeline, with all present, and will eventually become the main "future" timeline.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:04 am

Can any visit there, or must one be invited?" asks Josette. "I hail from the island of Martinique. It is a warm place, without ice."
"The Great Khan's renown travels everywhere. It is a simple matter to enter his domain. Simply step into one of the boats floating down the sacred river, into the caverns."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That depends on what your plans are," says Reverend Trask to Laura. "I cannot allow you to harm anyone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I came here looking for Jerry," says Victoria to Elizabeth. "The orphanage has told me nothing. What do you know about me? Who were my parents?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mr. Forbes!" says Victoria, turning with a smile. "It is good to see you again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"Likewise, Miss Winters," says Nathan. "And it seems the Reverend is here too, at Rose Cottage, did you saym madam?"
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

VictoriaSilverwolf wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:04 am
"The Great Khan's renown travels everywhere. It is a simple matter to enter his domain. Simply step into one of the boats floating down the sacred river, into the caverns."
It occurs to Josette that the Khan may able to help her orient herself relative to the world she's familiar with - and surely he must be a good and hospitable lord to be so celebrated and receive so many visitors. (It also occurs to her that she might be dreaming). She thanks her hostess for the tea and bids her farewell, before making her way to one of the boats.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:17 pm
"That depends on what your plans are," says Reverend Trask to Laura. "I cannot allow you to harm anyone."
"We shall see, sir. We shall see."

Withdrawing after one final glance at the fire, Laura no longer seeks private audience with Reverend Trask, nor does she appear in any way to be other than dutiful wife and loving mother. Time passes, and Reverend Trask becomes accepted, perhaps in an ironic way, as Laura's spiritual advisor, tolerated by an indulgent Roger.
Spoiler:
Bringing you all together in the same time frame, I hope.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:19 pm
"I came here looking for Jerry," says Victoria to Elizabeth. "The orphanage has told me nothing. What do you know about me? Who were my parents?"

Speaking as if to herself, Elizabeth does not answer her questions, but merely says "I was going to send for you later. But now that you have arrived on your own, I suppose you can begin working as David's governess. Goodness, you don't even know who David is, do you? This is all so confusing. It's happening much too fast." There are tears in her eyes, quickly wiped away.

Time passes. Victoria settles into her former position as governess (although only she knows this has happened before), but things are slightly different. David's mother is present, but provides only affection and not the education he needs. (She insists that he not attend either public school nor even one of the fine private schools in New England, but be taught at home. Roger, as usual, gives in to the whims of his wife.)
Spoiler:
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:21 pm
"Mr. Forbes!" says Victoria, turning with a smile. "It is good to see you again."
With an inviting smile at Nathan, Carolyn says "Who's your handsome friend, Vicki?"

It quickly develops through conversation that Jeremiah has settled into the Old House, and has been accepted as a distant cousin.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:25 am

"Likewise, Miss Winters," says Nathan. "And it seems the Reverend is here too, at Rose Cottage, did you say madam?"
Nathan learns that Trask has been in residence for some time, supposedly as Mrs. Collins' spiritual advisor, although the two are not often seen together. He soon finds out that Mrs. Laura Collins appears to be Miss Stockbridge's twin.
Spoiler:
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:29 am
It occurs to Josette that the Khan may able to help her orient herself relative to the world she's familiar with - and surely he must be a good and hospitable lord to be so celebrated and receive so many visitors. (It also occurs to her that she might be dreaming). She thanks her hostess for the tea and bids her farewell, before making her way to one of the boats.
It is a simple matter to enter one of the many small boats, the occupants of which all seem pleasant and friendly. The vessel is swept down the swiftly flowing river, into vast caverns whose rocky walls are coated with ice, yet the air is warm and sweet. Deep within the deepest part of the cavern, lit with countless airy lanterns, there is a vast dome, constructed of ivory and wood. The boat lands at the base of the dome, along with many others. The passengers are greeted by imposing men of mighty physique, who converse in multiple tongues. One of these addresses Josette with what must be the same inquiry made of all.

"Do you seek audience with the Great Khan?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Reverend Trask keeps watch over Laura, making sure she doesn't do anything harmful or untoward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Ghastly Affair: Dark Shadows (1795 timeline)”