Miss Stockbridge

Enter the haunted world of the classic television series. Become one of the residents of Collinsport, and witness the beginning of the many curses to befall the Collins family.

Moderator: VictoriaSilverwolf

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Miss Stockbridge

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:52 pm

"That depends on what that release entails, and what the price is," says Victoria.
"To leave all cares behind, and experience the wonders of another world. The price? Only what one wishes to pay."
"We came here seeking Reverend Trask and Jeremiah Collins. Have they been here before us?"
"Yes, but they did not choose the way of dreams." He indicates the numerous small sticks.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:53 pm

"Thank you, young lady," says Reverend Trask. "Is Jeremiah Collins here, by any chance?"
"Do you mean Jerry? He's here somewhere, I think. Some kind of cousin or something, showed up in Collinsport a year or two ago." Carolyn waves vaguely in the direction of the crowded drawing room.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:13 am

"We know that the Reverend came here seeking Mr Collins," adds Nathan.
"There are many who seek, and some who find. Who knows if the gentleman has been successful in his quest? The sticks do what they must."
Josette smiles reassuringly at the Oriental.
Returning the friendly gesture, the man offers Josette his pipe, indicating that she should make use of it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wish to follow Reverend Trask and Jeremiah Collins," says Victoria. "I choose the way they did."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you again," says Reverend Trask. "I shall seek him there." He makes his way to the drawing room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by SunlessNick »

Josette hesitates - it would be unseemly for a lady to smoke such a pipe - but at the same time she must be a good guest, and gracious of her host's offer. She takes the pipe and draws a small breath from it, trying not to cough.

"It is as Miss Winters says," says Nathan. "We must follow the course the Reverend has taken."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The first inhalation of the strangely sweet and cool smoke causes the room and all those present in it to vanish, to be replaced with a gray haze, swirling like fog stirred by a gentle wind. This soon clears, revealing a strange scene.

You seem to be within a mountain valley, gazing upon a river that rushes into a cavern. On both sides of the river are towers of an Oriental style, although they do not exactly resemble any engravings you may have seen of Turkish or Chinese structures. There appear to be persons dressed in similarly Asian, yet not clearly identifiable, costumes. Some of them enter boats, once again of Eastern design, yet dissimilar to any specific types known to you, that follow the river into the cavern.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Let the yarrow sticks speak," the man says to Victoria and Nathan. They notice that Josette has a dreamy look about her.
Spoiler:
Victoria, then Nathan2d6
"Neither of you has been gifted with the same path as those you seek, yet they are not so far away as they might be. Shall you pass through the gates the sticks have opened for you?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

In the drawing room, Reverend Trask observes a man who resembles Jeremiah Collins closely, although he appears to be slightly older, and the way he wears his hair is different. His clothing is similar to the outfit in which he was last seen, yet the material from which it is made is remarkably bright in color, as if it were not only newly made this day, but formed from what must be extraordinarily fine cloth. He is currently in discussion with the person who has been named as Carolyn's Uncle Roger, and has not taken notice of Reverend Trask's entry.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Somebody in a drugged haze is not the kind of sight to alarm Nathan, no matter how unusual it may be to see on the face of Miss DuPres. But the sticks promise an adventure too enticing to refuse - "Will we be able to reach the other from where... we go?" he asks, the dual interpretation of the latter two words apparent in his tone - "And will we arrive together?" Regardless of the answers he is inclined to accept the strange journey that is offered, unless Miss Winters implores him not to.

I started playing Nathan in what looked like it would be a temporary scene where none of the female characters would be allowd to go. So I don't actually have his stats. Though I guess I've departed somewhat from them.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Josette pauses for a few moments taking in this remarkable development. The figures do not appear to be acting in a sinsiter fashion, but a spark of fear still holds her back from approaching them. [She has Cowardly - I ought to play to that some of the time :oops: ] She watches for a while, trying to discern the occupations of those not entering the cavern.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"As long as we can eventually reach them, we shall pass through," says Victoria.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Pardon me, Jeremiah Collins," says Reverend Trask. "It it I, Reverend Orville Trask. It has been some time since you have seen me last, though it does not seem as long to me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:57 am

Somebody in a drugged haze is not the kind of sight to alarm Nathan, no matter how unusual it may be to see on the face of Miss DuPres. But the sticks promise an adventure too enticing to refuse - "Will we be able to reach the other from where... we go?" he asks, the dual interpretation of the latter two words apparent in his tone - "And will we arrive together?" Regardless of the answers he is inclined to accept the strange journey that is offered, unless Miss Winters implores him not to.

I started playing Nathan in what looked like it would be a temporary scene where none of the female characters would be allowed to go. So I don't actually have his stats. Though I guess I've departed somewhat from them.
Spoiler:
I made all the player characters start with 9, with adjustment for class. As Nathan is a Libertine, all your characteristics would be 9, but CHA 11 and Perversity 11, with the usual Libertine abilities and such. Logical skills a sailor might have are OK (although he was probably mostly a port officer than assigned to a ship.)
The fellow replies, "You and the lady and the ones you seek will all be apart from each other in time, but not very far, and will be in the same place. No doubt your paths will cross."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:02 am

Josette pauses for a few moments taking in this remarkable development. The figures do not appear to be acting in a sinister fashion, but a spark of fear still holds her back from approaching them. [She has Cowardly - I ought to play to that some of the time :oops: ] She watches for a while, trying to discern the occupations of those not entering the cavern.
They appear to be engaged in ordinary activities of townsfolks; buying and selling, talking and laughing, arguing, eating and drinking (mostly fish and grain, it seems), with others in the distance, more simply dressed, caring for the fields, which are watered by an ingenious system of wooden tubes that carry the precious fluid of life from the river to the crops it sustains. It is notable that there are no children, nor any persons of advanced age.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:38 am

"Pardon me, Jeremiah Collins," says Reverend Trask. "It it I, Reverend Orville Trask. It has been some time since you have seen me last, though it does not seem as long to me."
Jeremiah turns away from Roger, stares at Trask for a moment, and drops the vessel he holds in his hand, which lands upon the floor, spilling its amber contents. (A luxurious rug, which seems to cover the entire floor, prevents it from shattering.)

"How . . ." Jeremiah is barely able to gasp out.

"Accidents will happen," the man called Roger says, apparently not upset. "I've watered the carpet many a time with single malt myself." He extends his hand to Trask. "Roger Collins. I take it you're an old friend of Jerry. Permit me to introduce my wife. Laura?"

A woman approaches from a dark corner. In both dress and countenance, she appears to be the exact twin of Miss Stockbridge.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:37 am

"As long as we can eventually reach them, we shall pass through," says Victoria.
"It is done."

As soon as the words are spoken, Victoria finds herself upon the grounds of Collinswood, with the mansion resembling how it was when she left her own time in mysterious fashion for that of the late 18th century. Automobiles parked in front! Telephone wires leading into the house! An airplane soaring overhead! All these things give evidence that she has returned.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Reverend Orville Trask," says the Reverend, bowing. "A pleasure to meet you, Laura. Have we not met before?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria is unsure how she has returned home to her own time, but she is delighted to be back. Eagerly, she runs up to the front door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

VictoriaSilverwolf wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:53 am The fellow replies, "You and the lady and the ones you seek will all be apart from each other in time, but not very far, and will be in the same place. No doubt your paths will cross."
"Then certainly I will make the journey," says Nathan.

Return to “Ghastly Affair: Dark Shadows (1795 timeline)”