Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Investigator Phase

Sefina and Leo cross the quad and enter the Student Union, the last place she knows Wendy has gone.
OOC,Action 4: Move to Student Union Nice! That's a good card to have.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Enemy Phase 5

Whippoorwill moves to Miskatonic Quad.

Upkeep Phase 5

Sefina draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Orne Library [1 clue] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Humanities Building

Miskatonic Quad [Whippoorwill] -> Orne Library -> Science Building -> Humanities Building -> Student Union -> Administration Building

Science Building -> Miskatonic Quad -> Alchemy Labs [locked, The Experiment]

Humanities Building [2 clues] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Orne Library

Student Union [Sefina] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Dormitories [locked]

Administration Building [Wendy, "Jazz"] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Faculty Offices [locked]

To advance act "complete an objective." Doom 6/7
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Card to lose (1=Emergency Cache, 2=Sneak Attack): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Phase 6

Place 1 doom on the agenda (7/7).

Sefina and Wendy take 1 horror.

Wendy remembered the cast aside teddy bear. "Oh Mr. Pawterson!" she mumbled, a tear running down her cheek.

Image The Experiment moves to Science Building.

Sefina draws Image

Wendy draws Image

A glob with misplaced eyes and whiskery tentacles upon a long, thick neck, like a rubber hosepipe, smashed through a window of the Administration Building. One lidless eye focused upon Wendy and "Jazz," it was so large that Wendy saw the pupil dilate.

"My Gawd!" gasped "Jazz."

Wendy wished fervently that she hadn't gobbled up the crumble and custard leftovers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Mythos Phase

Sefina's mind is flooded with visions of the future. While some of the images are terrifying, she holds onto the few glimpses of happiness.
OOC,[b]Leo[/b] tales the 1 horror for [b]Sefina[/b]. Will roll (Will 4 + 1[Fearless] +2 [The Painted World] = 7 vs. 5[Visions of Futures Past]: [dice]0[/dice] -1. Success! [b]Sefina[/b] heals 1 horror. Next turn you should go first, since you have [b]Jazz[/b]. Unfortunately, you no longer have Elusive or Think on Your Feet. Otherwise, you could have dodged the Yithian. You'll have to evade, which means you won't make it into the Dormitories. Time is running out, so you may want to go into the Faculty Office instead after evading. If you evade successfully on the first try, that will leave you an action once inside. Then I could follow you in, with two spare actions. Or, you could Sneak Attack it with your second action if you evade successfully on the first and then enter the Faculty Office with your third. I could then finish off the Yithian with my own Sneak Attack, though that would take all four of my actions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Investigation Phase 6

Action 1: Evade Yithian Observer.

Agility 4 +1[trigger Scrapper (spend 1 resource)] vs. 3, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -2; success.

Action 2: Move to Faculty Offices.

Action 3: Move to Humanities Building.

Wendy ran at the creature whilst dodging round tables and chairs, it seemed confused by the onrushing child, its globular head bobbing to and fro; this allowed "Jazz" a chance to unlock the Faculty Offices. They both tumbled inside, desperate to escape. Wendy got quickly to her feet and started calling for Professor Rice, but her voice echoed fruitlessly through the hall.

"He's not here," she said. "We'll have to go back!"

"Screw this for a game of soldiers!" exclaimed "Jazz." "I ain't going first--sex and age be damned."

She touched his shirt cuff. The little girl returned to the Humanities Building and the creature.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Investigator Phase

Leo looks alarmed, but Sefina is an island of calm in a sea of chaos. "We've got to find Wendy!" she says. "I saw her in the Humanities Building in my vision, and there was something horrible with her. Come on!" She grabs Leo by the arm and races across the quad into the Administration Building, where she finds the cone-shaped monstrosity menacing Wendy. While it is distracted, she stabs it in the back. Or is it the back? The being is perfectly symmetrical, so it's hard to tell. Nevertheless, the attack causes serious damage.
OOC,Well, that stinks. We might be able to finish off the Yithian next turn, providing nothing else goes wrong. I can evade it then and run to the Student Union, then you can Sneak Attack and follow me there. Or I can throw the Knife and use Unexpected Courage, hoping for a hit, before going to the Student Union and you can make it all the way into the Dormitories. Action 1: Move to Miskatonic Quad Action 2: Move to Administration Building Action 3: Draw Sneak Attack Action 4: Play Sneak Attack. 2 damage dealt to Yithian Observer
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Hmmmm. Depending on our encounter card, of course, how about Wendy Evade, Backstab the Yithian, and Move to the Quad; Sefina kill the Whippoorwill?  

"You came back for me!" said the surprised girl, her eyes wide--though this was in part due to the agonised writhing of the creature not three feet away.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Investigator Phase

"Of course I did, Wendy," says Sefina. "I wouldn't leave you in danger."
OOC,That might not be so easy with the Whippoorwill in the room, and I think it's a waste of time to try to kill it. If we're going to kill anything it should be the Yithian, which is worth a victory point, but the most important thing is to get you into the Dormitories. We'll see what cards we draw in the following phases before deciding what to do. You don't want to end your turn in the Miskatonic Quad, however. The Experiment will move there in the turn after this, unless Ancient Evils makes it happen sooner.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Enemy Phase 6

Whippoorwill moves to the Humanities Building. Edit: s/be Administration Building.

Upkeep Phase 6

Ready Yithian Observer.

OOC:   Woohoo!  
Wendy draws Imageand gains 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Stealth isn't that useful in the current situation, as I need to exhaust the Yithian if you're going to finish it off, plus it takes an extra action. However, it does have an Agility icon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Not so good then.  
Mythos Phase 7

Place 1 doom on the agenda (1/2).

Sefina draws Image Humanities Building

Wendy draws Image
OOC:   There's 2 Whippoorwills with us now. I think that we should clean up the monsters. The Experiment is in the Alchemy Lab, next turn it'll move to the Science Building only, therefore we can move through the Quad without evading it. Sefina to kill the Whippoorwills and Wendy to Backstab the Yithian?

My "map" is misleading. All locked locations are not connected to the Quad as well.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Experiment moved to the Science Building when the agenda advanced. The next doom token will move it to the Miskatonic Quad. We don't have the time or the resources to fight these monsters, and if we end our turn in the quad, both Whippoorwills will follow, making evading the Experiment difficult. I think you should go first, evade the Yithian (pumping your Agility with resources enough to have a good chance), then move twice to the Student Union. Then I can try to evade the Thrall and follow you there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Currently Sefina and Wendy are at Mythos Phase 7. The Experiment spawned in the Alchemy Labs IP5; moved to the Science Building [agenda 2b] MP6; the next mythos phase, MP8, it'll move to the Quad.--so you're dead right! One thing, the Thrall spawned at the Humanities Building.  
Map MP7

Orne Library [1 clue] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Humanities Building

Miskatonic Quad -> Orne Library -> Science Building -> Humanities Building -> Student Union -> Administration Building

Science Building [Alchemy Labs(locked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

Humanities Building [2 clues, Thrall] -> Miskatonic Quad -> Orne Library

Student Union [Dormitories(locked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

Administration Building [Wendy, "Jazz," Sefina, Yithian Observer(2 damage), Whippoorwill, Whippoorwill, Faculty Offices(unlocked)] -> Miskatonic Quad

To advance act "complete an objective." Doom 1/2
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I hadn't realized that the Thrall wasn't with us, so that's good. I think you should try to evade the Yithian in that case and then move to the Student Union with your remaining two actions. You can pump enough resources into Scrapper to almost ensure success. Then I can follow you there, which leaves me two additional actions. I could attempt to throw my Knife first and use Unexpected Courage to finish the Yithian with one of them. The Whippoorwills will only get to the Miskatonic Quad next turn, and once we move into the Dormitories we'll be further away from them still. By the way, I just got The Path to Carcosa and the first four Mythos Packs for that campaign, all on sale at 40% off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   I've been buying Carcosa piecemeal, so I've paid full price. :( I'm playing through the campaign solo with three investigators: Lola, Harrigan, and Yorick. Good fun. The cards are left out, I play a turn when I feel like it!--one problem only, my cat loves to play with the tokens.

If--big if--Sefina could kill the Yithian that'll be a useful victory point to us.  

Investigator Phase 7

Action 1: Evade Yithian Observer.

Agility 4 -2[Whippoorwill x2] +3[trigger Scrapper (spend 3 resources)] vs. 3, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -1; success.

Action 2: Move to Miskatonic Quad.

Action 3: Move to the Science Building.

"If I can 'fuddle this giant eyed hosepipe, we can escape and warn those students," said Wendy in a breathless rush. She proceeded to race around, shouting rude names and waving at the creature, before exiting at top speed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It'll be a long time before I have time to try it, but I also leave games out while I'm playing them solo. Not having a cat helps too, but every two weeks I have my apartment cleaned, so I have to put everything away before that. You do mean you're going to the Student Union, right? The Science Building is where the Experiment is, and it'll hit you if you end your turn there, plus it's the wrong direction. The Dormitories are next to the Student Union.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Ha ha, she doesn't want to go there!

Action 3: Move to the Student Union.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 7 Investigator Phase

Sefina doesn't waste any time. While the creature is distracted, she grabs Leo by the arm and follows Wendy back to the Student Union. She heads for the door to the dorms, but she is frustrated to find them locked.
OOC,Actually, it's a waste to try to throw the Knife, as my chance of success is small. I may end up needing Unexpected Courage later, as well. I couldn't try a Backstab, as I don't have enough resources or enough time to get them, attack, and get to the Student Union. I'm just going to run. Action 1: Move to Miskatonic Quad Action 2: Move to Student Union Action 3: Gain 1 resource Action 4: Play Stealth, spending 2 resources
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Enemy Phase 7

Whippoorwills move to Miskatonic Quad.

Upkeep Phase 8

Ready Yithian Observer.

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.
OOC:   Ooh! it could be useful, Wendy could play Think On Your Feet.  

Return to “The Dunwich Legacy”