The Carnavale of Horrors

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Carnavale of Horrors

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Yes, Agnes to go first. I just realised how good her Fire Axe is.  

Acrid Miasma (no image), Mythos, Treachery, Hazard.

Revelation - Attach to the nearest location in the clockwise direction with no Acrid Miasma.
Forced - After an investigator enters attached location, he or she tests Will (2). If failed, that investigator must either take 1 damage and 1 horror, or resolve the hunter keyword on each enemy in play.
Accademia Bridge unlocked,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82015.jpg[/img] 2 clues
Masked Carnevale-Goer flipped,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82018.jpg[/img] Aloof enemies spawn unengaged.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Investigator Phase 3

As Agnes walks through the miasma-laden air on to the Academia Bridge, she encounters a woman in a Harlequin costume coming towards her. From her earlier investigations, she knows who this must be. "Elisabetta Magro, I presume," she says.

The woman turns and sweeps off her mask, revealing a face as beautiful as it is cold. "If you know who I am," she replies, "you must die!" She points a hand at Agnes, who drops to her knees as a result of an invisible force which begins to choke her, but not before Agnes sideswipes her with her fire axe. Agnes collapses, and Elisabetta turns back and walks away. However, Agnes quickly recovers. Springing to her feet, she rushes after Elisabetta and buries the axe deep into her back. Elisabetta pulls free, bleeding profusely, but she is made of tougher stuff too and begins to flee across the bridge.
OOC,Action 1: Move to Academia Bridge. Will test (5 vs. 2) from Acrid Miasma: [dice]0[/dice] 5 - 2 = 3. Success! Action 2: Spend 1 clue to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer. Take 1 damage and 1 horror. Reaction: Cause 1 damage to [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b]. Fast Action: Activate and exhaust Forbidden Knowledge. Spend 1 secret to gain 1 resource. Take 1 horror. Action 3: Activate Fire Axe, spending 2 resources as Fast Actions. Fight test against [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b] (2 stat + 4[Fire Axe] = 6 vs. 3): [dice]1[/dice] 6 - 2 = 4. Success! [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b] takes 2 damage (for a total of 3 so far). [b]Zoey[/b] should be able to finish her off with the Cross just by moving in and engaging her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Investigation Phase 3

Action 1: Move to Accademia Bridge.

Will 4 vs. 2[miasma]; Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (-3); fail, resolve Hunter keyword.

Action 2: Engage Elisabetta Magro.

Gain 1 resource and exhaust Zoey's Cross and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage; Elisabetta Magro killed.

Action 3: Investigate using Flashlight.

Intellect 2 vs. 2 -2[Flashlight]; Chaos token [dice]1[/dice]; elder sign (+1), clue gained.

Zoey followed Agnes, almost losing her in the miasma which enveloped Accademia Bridge. She caught up with the waitress in time to see her launch the Fire Axe into a harlequin costumed back. Zoey rushed over to the wounded figure. She didn't see the agony of Elisabetta Magro, but the agony of a High Servant of the Order. She drew out her Cross, her symbol of Righteousness, and held it up to the woman's face like the powerful symbol she believed it to be. Magro simply shuddered and then expired. Zoey searched the corpse and found a card, printed in Italian, and pocketed the clue.

She looked back to Agnes. "Good work!" she said simply.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks," says Agnes, rubbing her injured throat. She is still shaken by the encounter. "Let's hope we don't run into any more like her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Upkeep Phase 3

Ready Zoey's Cross.

Zoey draws Image and gains 1 resource.

:(

Agnes draws Image and gains 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,My draw was a nice one! Don't forget that when the Acolyte engages you, you can use your special ability and the Cross to inflict one damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   I did forget; but woke in the middle of the night thinking just this!  

Gain 1 resource and exhaust Zoey's Cross and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage to Silver Twilight Acolyte.

"Funny, isn't it?"

Zoey eyed the cowled man stood before her. "'Funny'? Hardly that!"

"That I should find you" he continued "here, in Venice."

"Well" she said "it had to end for you someplace"--and with that comment Zoey brandished her Cross.

Mythos Phase 4

Place 1 doom on the agenda (3/8).

Zoey draws Image

Agnes draws Image

Canal-side [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> San Marco Basilica [Abbess, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Agnes, Zoey, Silver Twilight Acolyte, 1 clue, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side
OOC:   We need to finish Silver Twilight Acolyte before he attacks. Is it worth peeking at the flip side of a Masked Carnival-Goer?--how easy will it be to collect clues?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll just allow Mass Hysteria to shuffle and redistribute the Masked Carnevale-Goers, which doesn't hurt us at this point. If I go first, I can probably take out the Acolyte with my Fire Axe. I'll engage it first just to make sure I don't hurt you with a missed attack. Then on your turn, presuming I kill it, you can try to find the next clue, spend any resources you can, and move to the next location. I don't think it's worth peeking at the flip side by spending 2 clues, because we're not good at finding them. We need all the clues we can get just to flip them over. Plus, there seem to be so many ways that they get scrambled, and it takes an extra action to peek (in addition to the actions to get the clues in the first place).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

:)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

You want Agnes to go first?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Investigator Phase 4

"Hey, leave her alone!" calls Agnes to the robed figure, who whirls to face her - just in time to receive the blade of her axe in said face. The figure falls, motionless.
OOC,Yes, I'll go first. Action 1: Engage Silver Twilight Acolyte. Action 2: Activate Fire Axe, spending 1 resource as Fast Action. Fight test against Silver Twilight Acolyte (2 stat + 2[Fire Axe] = 4 vs. 2): [dice]0[/dice] 4 -1 = 3. Success! Silver Twilight Acolyte takes 2 damage and is defeated. For my third action, should I advance to the next location? I'm out of resources now, so I won't lose any.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Um no, because

Zoey will search for the 2nd clue, move using Shortcut, flip the Masked Carnival-Goer, and...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,In that case, I'll just draw another card as my third action. You might want to spend your resources (maybe on the Bandolier) before moving, or you'll lose them. It might be better for you to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer next turn and just get yourself in position for that this turn. Otherwise, it will get two attacks if it's an enemy. You could even move both of us, since you have two Shortcuts. Or you could save them and we could wait until next turn to go, but then we'd be wasting resources and time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Agnes's 3rd action: Image
You might want to spend your resources (maybe on the Bandolier) before moving, or you'll lose them.
Explain. :)

I'll use both Shortcuts though, either this turn or next.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,When we leave the current location, we will each lose 2 resources. It's better to spend them now than waste them. If we wait until next turn, we each gain a resource that will be lost unless spent first: [img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82015.jpg[/img] You should probably move to the next location this turn after investigating and then playing the Bandolier (dropping you to 0 resources). You don't need to use a Shortcut on yourself unless there's something else you want to do with the third action (such as if your first investigation fails and you want to try again). You could then go first on your next turn, spending a clue to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer before using a Shortcut to bring me along. I'll lose the resource I gain in the Upkeep Phase unless I spend it on Ward of Protection, but I can afford to lose it now that I have the Emergency Cache.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Yes, again well remembered! I agree with everything you suggest, but note that Shortcut requires Agnes to be at Zoey's location; if I play it on her now she'll keep the forthcoming resource but may be attacked when Zoey flips the Masked Carnival-Goer. You choose.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,In that case, I'll stay here and risk losing the resource. I'm already injured, and I don't want to chance it unnecessarily.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Agnes chopped the Silver Twilight Acolyte. "You're getting good at this!" praised Zoey.

Investigation Phase 4

Action 1: Investigate using Flashlight.

Intellect 2 vs. 2 -2 Shroud, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] (cultist, reveal another token) [dice]1[/dice] (skull, -2); success! clue gained.

Action 2: Play Bandolier.

Fast. Play Shortcut.

ImageImage 1 clue + 1 clue from the token bank.

Action 3: Activate Masked Carnevale-Goer. (Spend 1 clue.)

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Upkeep Phase 4

Ready Zoey's Cross.

Zoey draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Agnes draws Image and gains 1 resource.
OOC:   Hey!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Oh, awesome! Both of those cards are great. If I draw a monster, you could snatch it from me and hit it for an automatic damage at the same time. On my turn, I plan to move to the next location, then use the Emergency Cache and investigate with my remaining two actions. If I fail by 2 or less, I can then use "Look what I found!" to grab two clues. Otherwise, I can get one clue if I succeed and still have it and the resources for later.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Night of the Zealot & Carnival of Horrors”