IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius has no idea what the talisman is for, so he brings it over to where the prisoner is being interrogated. "Do any of you know anything about this?" he asks. "Ask the captive, he may know."
OOC,Occult roll (5% base skill) about the talisman: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi too takes a look at the peculiar amulet.

Occult 25%
[dice]0[/dice]
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

The wounded man looks at Fenn with disgust, "Some vain warlord who wants to be more than he is. I never met him but Carnas and some of the others talked about him. Just another scofflaw with delusions of greatness."

Anakunaisi recognizes the amulet in Claudius' hand immediately. He has seen sailors and fishermen from Shem wear it for protection while out on the water, and knows that the image on it is of one of the Shemitish gods, Dagon.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

"That's Dagon, petty god of the Shem," he says to Claudius. "Worn mostly by sailors. Or by marauders who kill sailors."

"And what about the night raids you talked about? Who attacked you?" Anakunaisi keeps pressuring the captive. The others might notice that the Turanian (Anakunaisi, that is) takes some bitter satisfaction in this act of interrogation and torture.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Or by mercenaries who kill marauders who kill sailors," says Claudius, examining the amulet. "This one looks ancient, though, and very valuable. I wonder if it has magic in it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The captive scowls at Anakunaisi, but says nothing. Evidently he has grown tired of answering questions.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

"If you answer, I give you quick death. If you don't - well, you can enjoy the sensation of the coyotes eating you alive."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

"I say we let him go to carry word that we are not to be trifled with," Fenn puts in. "The sooner we reach the keep and its treasures the better."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

"The state he is in, he can carry the word to the closest hyena den. Or the nest of the vultures," Anakunaisi snarls. He is clearly fixated on the local wildlife.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He may have useful knowledge of the local area," says Claudius. "If he will not talk, however, then he is of no further use, save to feed the scavengers."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

"I'm asking for the last time: who attacked your gang?"

If the captive doesn't answer, Anakunaisi kicks him in the ribs and leaves him on the groung. He then searches any unlooted bodies and gathers his stuff, gets ready to continue their journey.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

OOC:   Make either a fast talk or persuade roll for me.  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi
Fast Talk 40%

[dice]0[/dice]
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The captive refuses to respond once again. If left alone he will crawl off away from the clearing as he is too weak to walk on his own.
OOC:   Anakunaisi and Fenn can both give me a spot hidden roll if they choose to loot bodies before the scouting party moves on.  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi
Spot Hidden 50%

[dice]0[/dice]

Out of spite for not getting any more useful information, Anakunaisi cuts the man's tendons.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50%[dice]0[/dice]  
Fenn is too distracted to glean anything further from the bandits and prepares to continue traveling.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Arethus has the young ambusher that Fenn spoke with bound, gagged, and put on his horse. The one Anakunaisi injured is left to die. Arethus orders everyone to ready up, and the scouting party moves on. A couple hours pass and the skull ornamented trees become less and less frequent. A short while after passing the last gruesomely decorated plant, the group spots what appears to be an abandoned village. The handful of huts are cold and weather beaten, but at least the foliage is not as thick here and the ground is mostly dry. Arethus calls the mercenaries together and says, "The sun will set soon, and I have no wish to continue slogging through this wretched marsh in the dark. It seems to me this could be a good place to set up camp if we are cautious, but its a poor leader that doesn't at least take the ideas of his men into account. What do you all think? Check it out or keep moving?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we should investigate the village," says Claudius. "There could be another band of raiders holed up there with the same idea, and we don't want to risk leaving an enemy at our backs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

"We need to look for a defensible spot, and survey access and exit points."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Fenn pulls the gag off the captive ambusher. "Know anything about this place, dog?"

Return to “Expedition into the Border Kingdom”