IC-Ep 2-Buried(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Eddie/Seamus/Tinker)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Buried(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Eddie/Seamus/Tinker)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salmon Lane - London, England
5:20 AM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Eddie and a constable with Chinese features approached the ruined warehouse, which had since been cordoned off, with another air raid warden standing nearby in conversation with Story, Elizabeth, Brook, Seamus, and Tinker. He recognized the warden, who was about forty years old with dark curly hair, as Melissa Rogers.

"Yes, if she took shelter in the basement, that's the only way she could still be alive down there," she said. "Hopefully there's enough air to keep her that way for a while. The floor hasn't collapsed yet under the weight of all that rubble, but there's a danger that it could at any moment, especially if it's disturbed or more weight is put upon it. We'll have to dig a narrow tunnel near the edge so we can access it." She looked up. "Oh, Eddie, I'm glad you're here! Saves me having to go for help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Buried(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Eddie/Seamus/Tinker

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Do we have to do the digging personally or does the city have some means of digging these buildings out?" Tinker asks.

She moves in close to whisper to Brook, Elizabeth, and Story, "Maybe we shouldn't imply that we are looking for a person. Do you want to be responsible for diverting rescue resources?"
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie nods at Melissa. "Nice to see you too. Does that mean the Fire Brigade aren't already on their way with something to help us dig a tunnel?"
He looks at the constable, "What about your lot? Could do with a few more helping hands here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not yet," said Melissa. "I'd just finished inspecting and blocking off the scene. This gentleman reported that a girl named Nell went inside last night." She indicated Seamus. "It looks like nobody could have survived, but if she took shelter in the basement, she just might still be alive, though trapped down there. I'll go fetch the fire brigade. They'll have the tools we need to dig her out. Don't let anyone mess about with the rubble while I'm gone. Too much pressure could collapse the wreckage into the basement, and that would crush any down there to death." Melissa began to head away.

Constable Lee shrugged. "So sorry, the sergeant only had me to spare," he said. "Busy night, busy day."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr.Green
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Mr.Green »

Seeing the Constable, Seamus feigned a coughing fit, being careful to keep his face from being revealed. He didn't want to be recognised by anyone in the police, and shuffled himself to the side of the group furthest from the man. He dared not even speak, but faded with the occasional low sob. Hopefully his fear will look like his distress for Nell.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Story, do you think this is a good idea?" whispers Elizabeth to her friend. "I think Tinker made a valid point."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks from Tinker, to Elisabeth. "How else will we get the Tardis out? How else can we go on, or go home? I mean, great, I'm in London, my hometown, but even though we win the war, I don't think I'd like to stay for very long. They don't even have wifi."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

"Well we best wait for the Fire Brigade. Doubt we'll find anything under all this anyway."
He looks at Story and his companions. "I reckon your car's buggered to be honest. Daft idea to park it in a warehouse."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Elizabeth's question and says, "Quite right... we will get her back. However we can wait, the dying shouldn't be forced to die alone because we diverted manpower." Hearing Eddie's comment Story says, "You'd be quite surprised. She's really quite durable. As far as where I parked our mode of transportation... warehouse or street, with bombs dropping is anywhere really safe?" He smiles.
OOC:   Edited to correct a typo.  
Last edited by jaysun81 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles gratefully in response to Story's comment. She doesn't want to be trapped here either, but remembers from her childhood how tough the bombing was in parts of Britain, and doesn't want to waste resources needlessly. She understands Brook's feelings though.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Melissa[/b] is walking away to get the Fire Brigade. Is anyone going to say anything to her before she goes?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story jogs over to Melissa and says, "Perhaps diverting the fire brigade to here is a waste of valuable resources. Not to be morbid, but you're right, if a girl did take refuge inside, and based upon the damage, she's undoubtedly passed into the next life. Besides someone would have heard her cries of help by now, as I'm sure she would have heard the commotion all of us are causing. Isn't it a better use of resources to clear where you know the injured and trapped are?" He looks at the rubble than back at the warden and continues, "You know as well as I do that if someone took shelter in that building, there's no way they could have survived the bomb."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, you're right," said Melissa with a sad nod. "The living come first. I'll make a note of it, and the rubble will be searched to find the body eventually. For now, I'll continue on my rounds. Take care." She walked away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"So now what?" Elizabeth asks her friends. "I am genuinely relieved that we're not wasting the fire service resources. People's lives are at stake elsewhere. But how can we get back to the TARDIS now?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook sighs and loks around. "Perhaps there's another entrance to the cellar?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles and says, "We will get the TARDIS back. It's only a matter of time. For now perhaps we should figure out what beast is lurking the London streets? We are here for a reason... the TARDIS found a need for us to engage in."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

Eddie turns to Constable Lee. "Best we start looking for clues ey? The body was a right mess. Must be a trail somewhere."

He's not too sure where to do next but thinks they ought to start somewhere.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There," said the constable, pointing to a dark red area in the middle of the street. "That must be dried blood - a lot of it! There's a trail of it leading right up to the rubble. She must have been killed here in the street and then dragged inside. Do you think it's safe to dig near the entrance? If she wasn't taken far inside, we might find her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

"I'm not sure if it's safe or not mate", says Eddie, scratching his head.

"Do you have a sniffer dog down at the station that we could borrow? Might be able to pick up a trail or something."

Felix miaows indignantly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not sure," said Constable Lee. "We could go and check if one is available. Your cat friend seems to think he can do the job. Or maybe he just doesn't like dogs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”