[IC-MEXICO] Luz Records (Holly, Christopher)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC-MEXICO] Luz Records (Holly, Christopher)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have surgical gloves for both of us," says Holly, "but how are we to get inside? I know I can't pick the lock. If you can't, maybe we're better off going back to the hotel and seeing if the others are back yet. If they're not, that's worrisome in its own right. If we force the door, it'll be obvious that there's been a break-in, and Miguel might remember the gringo asking him questions about Luz Records earlier."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC,what type of lock(s) is/are on the door to Luz records? Would it be OK to add 1 pt of Locksmith (making it 1) as my Investigative spend? Explained by asking/talking to Clarence (who has 4/4 locksmith) about locks? And add 1 point to Firearms and 1pt to Sense trouble? If Christopher can take the Locksmith then I'll use that to get through the door - if acceptable? Also using 1pt Preparedness to have collected torches (flashlights) and his camera from the hotel earlier.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Yeah, I actually forgot only Mr. Handy had spent his "experience" points. Ok, fine for this time, although you should have chosen them earlier. I'll update your sheet.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Overlord87 wrote:
OOC:   Yeah, I actually forgot only Mr. Handy had spent his "experience" points. Ok, fine for this time, although you should have chosen them earlier. I'll update your sheet.  
OOC:   I appreciate that, thanks.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Christopher checks the lock and get to work, still surprised at how quickly Cam managed to teach him the basics of lockpicking. He had always thought being a thief was hard, but then again, in that case, there wouldn't be so many criminals around. The lock looks like an old, sturdy one though, and it seems hard to open it without leaving a trace of the work.
Meanwhile, Holly looks left and right along the street, trying to spot anyone that might see them.
Christopher,You might make a 1-point spend to leave the lock with no evidence of tampering.
Holly,Roll Sense Trouble.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly looks around alertly while Christopher is busy with the lock.
OOC,Sense Trouble roll (3 points spent) outside Luz Records: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Ahh yes.. I think I can get us through the door .." Christopher says quietly and with more confidence than he felt, Cam had only given him, what seemed, a brief primer into 'lock-picking' and this was Christopher's first real try at putting the lesson into practise. Taking two thin strips of metal he starts .. "Cam said it was all about setting the tension... making sure the pins would bind ..." he gives one of the small tools a slight twist and slips the other tool, thin and hooked at the end, into the lock and pushes it back and forth a few times.

Nothing seems to happen for a little while.. "Whoops... I need to turn it the other way..." Christopher realises that he's applying pressure in the wrong direction, his cheeks colour slightly at his 'gaff'.

Christopher tries again.. slowly, anxious not to make another mistake.. then the resistance is gone and the lock turns.. "There we are..." he says, trying to keep the relief out of his voice. "OK.. it's open.."
OOC:   I'll take the 1 point spend (as hesitancy) not to leave any marks or scratches on the lock.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nicely done," says Holly with a smile. She makes sure the coast is clear before they head inside, and that they're both wearing gloves.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Holly doesn't notice anything suspicious, and once sure that no one has seen them, she leads the way inside the office. It's a single large room, with wood-and-glass separator walls dividing the space into four separated offices. It seems like the place was cleared out: the filing cabinets stand open and empty, and a safe in the back office is ajar and clean. Desk drawers are open and empty save for stray staples. You notice a few stray papers and abandoned catalogs on the desks, and a full garbage can.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we're most likely to find something in the trash can," says Holly. "Looks like they didn't bother to look through it when they cleared out, so it's our turn. Now I'm doubly glad I'm wearing gloves." She begins to search through the garbage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"I'll collect all these other papers... let's take everything with us, we don't want to hang around here any longer than we have to." Christopher says as he starts to gather up the stray papers that were left behind by the previous occupants.
OOC,We're really exposed here, we ideally wanted another person as lookout. So I think it's best to 'hoover' everything remotely of interest and sift through it back at the car (to see if there's anything of immediate interest) and keep all the pertinent pieces to show the others later on.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You pick up anything even remotely interesting inside the office and run to your car, then you drive for a few minutes before stopping to check what you've found. First of all, you discover one small album, containing one record with a simple label: "De la Luz, test number 12". It's a standard record of the period, with each side containing two or three minutes of music. Additionally, among the paper you found over the desk, there are programs for several four-, five- and six-records productions. Clearly Luz Records had ambitious production plans.

Sifting through the garbage, Christopher discovers a wadded up invoice, half-wrapped in greasy paper streaked with some kind of repulsive red sauce. The invoice, in Spanish, reports the names of Jonathan Brooks and Leticia de la Luz, and it appears to regards the use of Estudio del Mañana, in 1220 Morelos Avenue.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That could be where they moved after they closed up shop," says Holly. "We'll need to get that translated once our trusted guide arrives. I'd also be interested in hearing the album. In the meantime, let's get back to the hotel and see if the others are there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You get back to the hotel around 8 PM, and discover that your friends have not returned yet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, now I'm really getting worried," says Holly. "We'd better head over to the Victoria Hotel and find out what happened to them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

As you head out, you meet with the other three, just returning to the hotel.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”