IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by Pastiche »

Mr. Handy wrote: "I'll be focusing on the Old Testament, the Psalms in particular," he added with a polite nod to Benjamin.
"Much obliged, thank you very much!" Benjamin says with a friendly smile to the reverend.

Turning his attention back to the recent conversion in the rest of the group, he asks "What is this Tardis thing you keep going on about? Is it a kind of car? If it is, I must admit I've never heard of that brand, even though I like to keep up with what's happening in the automobile landscape..."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"I'd like to know as well." Anna said, nodding in agreement Benjamin as she turned and looked at Story and his group with an inquisitive stare as she decided to gain more information about their beliefs to make a proper diagnosis. It was truly peculiar how they are capable of saying the most ridiculous things without even so much as the slightest change in the expression
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Sure, I'll take a look at your car. Where do you want to meet up for breakfast?" Eugene asks Anna.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I am pretty sure there's a café nearby, but I'll have to check back with you." Anna said uncertainly.
OOC:   Is there a café nearby, Mr. Handy?  
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Turning his attention to Benjamin and Anna, Story thinks for a moment opening his mouth two or three times as if to speak, finally he does, "It's not exactly an automobile my dear chap... though I suppose it could be depending on her mood." He smiles at them both before continuing, "I'm not surprised you don't know what it is. It's an exotic mode of transportation you might say... and unless you have Most Secret clearance I really can say nothing more." If stuffs his hands into his pockets and rocks on his heels for a moment before concluding, "I'm sorry for providing such an unsatisfying answer, I truly am... but if I say anymore His Majesty George the Sixth, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas King, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India will surely have my head." To put an exclamation point on it he stomps his foot and loudly says, "God save the King!"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Instinctively, Anna felt like this was a little too over-exaggerated and a comical attempt to avoid mentioning any details. Anna is still not sure what Story is hiding, but she's at certain of the fact that he's hiding something. Going along with his story, Anna pretended to be convinced and did not any further questions.
Psychology 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There are some cafés and restaurants in the area, but they are highly unlikely to be open early on a Sunday morning - or at all on a Sunday, probably.
Anna Jerkins,[b]Story[/b] seemed to be keeping back an awful lot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna realised the blunders of meeting up at a café on a Sunday morning. She inwardly scolded herself and proposed another suggestion, "How about let's just meet up here? I mean, it is a church, so I think just meeting up above ground and then discuss things is okay too."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Alright, we'll meet back here." Eugene gets ready to head out, ignoring the crazy talk.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Cool. I'll see you around. Anna said cheerfully, and gave a small wave and a smile towards Eugene. She saw something within him that was indifferent to the world around him and Anna intuitively felt like he is...withdrawn. The least she could do was to try and be polite. After all, to her, a stranger is just a friend you haven't made friends with yet. She believes being friendly and cheerful to others is the key to happiness.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Thank you Story," says Elizabeth, as she takes his hand to steady herself as she stands up. As he continues with his performance she can't help herself grinning, but hopes she doesn't give anything away.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John wasn't all too eager for a sermon and he probably had to get back to base some time soon.

"Look, thanks for the offer of spiritual salvation and all, but I'm to skip on that. I'm passing by the place where I met you guys, check for signs of that woman or the lieutenant's monster and head on out. You're welcome to come along. And don't hold onto him for too long, the War Office might think you're conspiring."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Colville attends the sermon.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie greets everyone with usual cheer. "I think I'd better take the young leutnant to the police station now. Then I'd better find my way back to Bart's and tidy up, no doubt some ministering to be done there on a Sunday."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank bustles around collecting cups and tidying up. "I think I'll just pop home and then be back in time for the sermon, Reverand. Are you walking my way too, Maggie?" She asks Mrs Duncan.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

"Come on Friedrich, looks like me & the good Reverend are going to accompany you to the station" says Eddie. "No funny business now or Felix'll 'ave ya" he adds, smiling.

Eddie is fairly sure there will be no trouble, but appreciates the Reverend's help.

Addressing Story and his companions, "I'll join you chaps at the warehouse when I'm done. Could maybe help you dig about a bit. Will have to get a bite to eat first though."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I'll stay here for a while longer before I head off to my home." Anna said, "I don't want to face my boss just yet. He lives literally three streets down from where I live." An awkward expression came over her face as she struggled to keep a straight face before turning away from the others. She discreetly shuffled to a dark corner of the basement to curl up into a foetal position. It was an excuse, she supposed, to tell them that she only wanted to avoid dealing with her boss. She just wanted to stay here for a while longer and forget about her worries and responsibilities, after all, as long as her car is still okay; then she should be fine, right? Her breath sharpened, as the events of last night slammed back into her with a harsher focus. She shared a room with a large group of strangers...some of which definitely did not sound sane and a very specific individual was definitely a criminal, even though she knew these circumstances were only temporary and that it was all a byproduct of the war; she never felt less safe. She wanted to have a talk with family members, and she wanted to have moment to herself. These desires were contradictory in nature, and perhaps her mentor might've had a thing or two to say about this. But unfortunately, her friends, family, and mentor, are all either dead or estranged. She briefly wondered about her brother, who she haven't talked to for many years, and what he's doing at this very moment. Is he still alive at this point? She thought to herself with mildly apathetic amusement

Anna decided that breakfast and other adult matters can wait. She still needs a few moments to herself now that church is getting significantly less crowded. A few droplets of tears welled up behind her eyes when she thought no one was watching. She cried quietly in a dark corner. It was awful, and the world felt like a terrible place. She doesn't feel like being happy right now.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

As the group steadily makes plans to go out and meet back up Tinker nods and watches as people get ready to shuffle out.

Tinker claps her hand on Story's back and leans in to whisper conspiratorially, "I believe I have Most Secret clearance, though I believe mine comes from Queen Elizabeth, will this do as proof" Tinker produces a cylindrical metal tube with a number of added parts from the cloth bag on her shoulder - undeniably a sonic screwdriver, but with many modifications and replaced parts.

Tinker smiles goofily, as if she had just been party to a joke, "If your ride took a couple dings and needs some fixin' then I'm your man...err woman! Though it sounds like a warehouse of rubble might be the more likely issue. Looks like you're stuck with me for a little bit!" Tinker laughs heartily. Being trapped without transport could be a nightmare scenario for Story and his companions - but it was Tinker's reality for more than a century... and it seems to have affected her.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at the sonic screwdriver for a moment and then at Tinker, "I... we would appreciate any help you could offer in our recovery effort." He smiles weakly. It's been some a long time since he has encountered a fellow Time Lord, and frankly he's not sure if he can trust this one just yet.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna heard the indistinct voices of Tinker and Story talking about something, but due to the fact that they're whispering and she was too far out of earshot; she didn't quite catch what they were saying. Quietly, she hoped they wouldn't notice her, as she suddenly realised that she may not be all that eager to talk to them. She assumed that they were, presumably, talking the things that she's incapable of understanding (she still doesn't understand why Story and his companions acts so nervously when the subject of this 'tardis' was brought up); not that she's interested in trying to find out, after all, they would just offer half-baked lies and empty platitudes in a misguided attempt to cover it up.

Even though I may not be the most intelligent or the most experienced person in the room, but I think I'm still capable of distinguishing the obvious truth and the not-so-obvious half-truths from the flat-out lies, you know? She thought to herself dersively. She knew they were hiding something; and she had realised by now that it's a big secret. She instinctively realised that whatever they're hiding might be a bigger bombshell than the German pilot's stories; but she just couldn't bring herself to care about it enough to find out precisely what it is.

She feels too emotionally tired at the moment to dissect everything they said lat night. Slowly, she nodded back into sleep. She was much more tired than she had let on, and she probably didn't get enough sleep last night.
Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

Return to “Episode 2”