IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

St. James's Church - London, England
9:30 PM - Saturday, September 7, 1940

Eddie Lawlor opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and led the large group into the basement of the church, which had been converted to a makeshift air raid shelter. It was filled with stray odds and ends including some spare pews kept here for storage, as well as an old church organ. Two old ladies sat on one of the pews, speaking to an Asian-looking woman of incredible beauty and a tall, slender woman with long brown hair. An elderly man sat on another, and a pretty, young blonde woman lay on a third, both asleep as well. Everyone but John Barrow recognized the two old ladies as Phyllis Cruckshank and Maggie Duncan, the sleeping man as Giles Curry, and the sleeping woman as Laura. The other two women had to have arrived in their absence.

Phyllis recognized all of the people returning to the shelter except for one, a handsome airman in an RAF uniform. Tinker and Anna had not seen these people here earlier. The middle-aged man who had opened the door was an air raid warden in an ARP uniform complete with tin hat. There were another middle-aged man accompanied by a young woman and a teenage girl, a well-dressed gentleman, a middle-aged clergyman, an old man, a younger Irishman, an Englishman of similar age who looked down on his luck - and a young man in a Luftwaffe flight suit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Uh, hi. My name is...Anna. N-nice to meet you." Anna said nervously, stuttering a bit at the end of the sentence. She wasn't quite accustomed to talking with strangers just yet.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"You're back then." Said Phyllis Cruckshank. "I'm not surprised." She got up to start the tea urn but found there was hardly any water left. "Oh dear, there's not much water left and I doubt there's a tap down here. But surely we won't have to wait much longer. Did you see any signs of the air raid finishing?" She said to the room at large.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Some more tea and water would be nice." Anna muttered quietly, but loud enough to still be audible. She stared inquisitively at the people who had just entered the air raid shelter as she tried her to muster another friendly, yet somewhat tired, smile towards them. She had, after all, spent most of the last thirty minutes with a smile glued to her face.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker stands up and brushes off the dust accumulated on her hanbok, "These most be the others that you mentioned went out." The Asian woman gives a quick smile and a wave as she reties the strap of her satchel, "Hello there, my name is Tinker."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

'Well, hello there!', John exclaims in his heavy American accent, as he looks at Tinker, seemingly oblivious to the more demure girl. 'I don't think I've ever been this happy to get shot down.'

'Captain John Barrow, at your service, ma'am.', he adds with a charming smile.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Well I'm just glad we made it back all in one piece, now the bombings startin' again."

Harry takes a seat. His feet are killing him and he could murder a cuppa.

"Any milk left for Felix?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook, the teenage girl, waves a little at the new arrivals. "Hello. I'm Brook." She walks over to where the cat is and kneels down to pet it.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Hello, miss Brook! Nice to meet you." Anna said in a friendly manner.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker laughs at the airman's interest, "I am flattered, but do try not to make a habit of crash landing on my account, I don't think the war effort could handle the losses."

Tinker eyes the teenager, "Brook, you say?"
Mr Handy,Does Tinker recognize any of them straight away?
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin turns to greet all the new arrivals. "Benjamin Klein, tailor, at your service! If you need any clothes made or mended, I'm your man!"

He continues: "It looks like our excursion was a failure: the house we were going to has been destroyed in the bombing. How have things been here? Apart from new arrivals, did we miss anything?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"No. I don't think so." Anna said, "Unless you count tea-time small-talk as important news, I'm afraid nothing important happened." She took a stab at making a joke to lighten the mood. For someone that works with the mentally-disabled on a near-daily basis, she was surprisingly shy.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods at Tinker. "Yes, Brook. Davies. Pleased to meet you," she adds politely, nodding to Anna as well. She's dressed in black, tight jeans, a black tank top under an black off the shoulder blouse and and black boots.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'm Elizabeth Young," says Elizabeth to Anna and Tinker. "Glad that you made it to safety here. It's a horrible night out there." She looks around for a place to sit, not wanting to disturb the sleepers needlessly.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I work at Maxwell's Sanitarium, when the 'raids started, there are many patients that required assistance and are in danger of losing their lives if they don't get into an air-raid shelter...but most of my colleagues are unwilling to help; that's why I ended up being one of the last ones out on the streets during an air-raid. It's kind of embarrassing, actually." Anna said with good humour, before quickly adding, "One of the patients held in our Sanitarium had difficulty walking and communicating, and people like him required some assistance in order to escape."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at the ladies and greets them, "Ah, so nice to see some new faces... and definitely more pleasant than Lord Curmudgeon. I'm Story, and those two lovely ladies are my colleagues." He motions towards Brook and Elizabeth.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Hello." Anna said, moving towards the trio to shake their hands. "How are you? I mean, besides just returning from going outside during an air-raid."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, there's some milk left," said Maggie, pouring it into a saucer and setting it on the floor. The little black cat lapped it up, purring contentedly as Brook petted it.
Tinker,Yes, you recognize [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], and [b]Brook[/b]. They appear to be around the same age as the last time you saw them. There is no sign of [b]Lucius[/b], who had been with them then, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie wanders about joking and greeting the newer arrivals ("Archie Pennyfeather, call me Rev").

He finds a nice spot to seat the young German officer (somewhere Eddie can easily keep an eye on him) then finds him a cup of tea.
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Doesn't anyone have anything stronger to drink?" Eugene asks as he looks around "With all those bombs I could really use a drink".

Return to “Episode 2”