IC-Ep 2-Prisoners of Time(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Prisoners of Time(Everyone else)

Post by Thorn »

Brook raises her hands disarmingly at the airman. "Whoa there. The soldier is a captive, and we're fresh out of martinis."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John holsters his halfdrawn pistol.

'The former is as much a relief as the latter is disconcerting. So why are you all out here? Not just capturing Germans I suppose?'

He looks at the German officer and tries one of the memorized phrases from his handbook.
'Wass ist deine name unt function?'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Leutnant Friedrich Kurtz," said the German. "I speak English too, if that helps. I am - I was - the front gunner of a Dornier."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Navigate,[b]Archie's[/b] [i]Navigate[/i] is 40% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Wow. No idea. Archie is better on water...  
Archie surveys the destruction. "Well, whatever happened to her, there's no way we can find the poor soul under that lot to give her the last rites."

Archie ambles over to John and holds out a hand in the dark. "Archie Pennyfeather, Navy chaplain. From your accent, you're a long way from home I'm guessing. We have so many brave young men from so many different countries bravely fighting over our heads."

"The young German officer is our POW and being very polite too I may add. We're taking him to the local police station. Wherever that is in this dark. But there is a bomb shelter under the church if you want to wait out the air raid."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, I'm afraid we found a woman had been murdered here," says Elizabeth to John. "The chaplain wanted to give her the last rites. But when we got here the building where she was lying had been destroyed by the bombs. There's something strange going on, not just the obvious up in the sky!" she says, pointing upwards. "The German officer encountered something very odd as well. I think we should all go somewhere safe, whether that be the air raid shelter, or a police station. Where is the nearest police station from here?" she asks, turning around to the others, especially Eddie.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

'It would appear you're luckier than most of your crewmates, lieutenant. These folk seem to be a lot friendlier than the machine guns of a Hurricane. Are you a Nazi, Friedrich?'

John pulls his pack of cigarettes from his flight suit, shakes it up and taps one out, offering it to the German.

He looks around at the debris and the ominous backdrop of the burning city and answers Archie.

'We're all a long way from home, Father. I think this wave is over, I got shot down hunting those retreating bombers, so we might have some time'

John smiles and listens intently to Elizabeth's story.
'I'm afraid there will be no shortage of candidates for last rites before the night is through, though. But what strange thing are you talking about? I'm afraid your woman friend just ran into some scavengers and got the worst for it.'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"It looked like some kind of vicious animal attack," says Elizabeth to John, grimly. "It didn't look like a conventional human attack, or any normal animal attack. The German airman can describe best what he saw. There may be a link to what we found here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Danke," said Friedrich, accepting the cigarette with a trembling hand and inhaling deeply from it once John lit it. "I am not a member of the Nazi Party. Many of us officers do not join. There are some who do in order to gain advantage, but I prefer to advance through my own merits. "My plane was not shot down. It...there was a...creature. Big, almost the size of the plane. It flew at us and smashed through the windscreen, grabbed Hans - the pilot - with its long tail and dragged him out. It...it was eating him, with huge, sharp teeth...It must be some sort of secret weapon the English have. It looked like some sort of enormous snake, but it flew. It had one big wing that looked like it belonged to a fledermaus - a bat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at the newest arrival for a moment - as if examining him - finally he speaks up, feeling half frustrated and half exhausted, "Perhaps we should get a move on? Between bombs and monsters I'm quite certain none of use wish to die tonight?" He looks once more at Lord Colville before walking over to his companions.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

"Yes, let's start moving and get back to shelter!" Benjamin jumps up and down excitedly, scanning his surroundings for any possible threat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is there anyone who doesn't want to go back to the shelter? If so, please let me know. If you want to go to the police station, it will require a successful Navigate roll to find it. So far [b]Eugene[/b] and [b]Archie[/b] have tried and failed. There is also an air raid warden's post that [b]Eddie[/b] has been to and can find without having to roll. If nobody says otherwise, I'll move everyone back to the shelter this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

OOC,I vote for going to the shelter
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John nods agreement.

"I agree, we'd be best off of the streets. Then you can tell me more about your vicious attacks and giant bats and all that."
He laughs.
"Anyone run into some aliens from outer space too while they were running around during the bombing?"
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,Back to the shelter seems the most reasonable choice really, there's no longer any way Archie could justify letting everyone needlessly risk their necks if there's no body to be found.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

"I swear I will have you brought to justice for this scheme, Professor Story. Do not listen to the talltales of these conmen and a german, they are obvious fantasies. They wish to take advantage of our fears, look what danger they've gotten us into. The rest of you be careful, but I have to do something. I'm going to get to the police station or die trying!"
Spoiler:
Navigate at 10[dice]0[/dice]
Lord Colville heads away from the group without a clue where he is going.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,In light of this, I'll wait to update this thread to give others a chance to try to talk him out of it or go with him (and try a Navigate roll if they haven't already).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Archie calls after Colville, "Don't be an ass, old son, it's dangerous and we need to go back to the shelter. There's nothing that needs to be done so urgently you need to die trying to do it."

As an aside to the German Leutnant, he adds, "Honestly, most of us are much smarter than that."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth shakes her head in disbelief, astonished at the continued stupidity of the man. She decides to keep quiet this time, and hopes the others can make him see sense. At least Archie has made a good start.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook just shakes her head, and follows the others towards the shelter.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

"If Colville wants to separate from the group and head out on his own, I suggest we just let him and return to the shelter ourselves..." Benjamin offers.

Return to “Episode 2”