[IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The gendarmes can take the prisoners into custody," says Jacques. "I would like to interrogate them myself, find out just how they got here, but do we have time?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC:   How did we get here? I assume for us civilians it was a train followed by a walk, but is there a car available we could all pile into to get us back to Paris or a phone so Jacques could use to arrange for transport perhaps?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   We can assume Jacques arrived here with a car. Keep in mind that all the prisoners are seriously wounded at the moment, and in need of treatment.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I do have First Aid, with two points unspent. The others have some as well. Of course, the rest of us could use some treatment ourselves. I took two points of damage, so one point of First Aid from someone else will get me back to full. Would one point of First Aid be enough to stabilize each prisoner, and how many have we captured?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   There are two of them still alive. One point each is enough to stabilize them.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll spend my last two points if nobody else will. We'll also need to use First Aid to heal each other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Francois has 4 points in first aid so will make anyone else in need of care is treated.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The two men get to work with alcohol and bandages, doing their best to keep the two prisoners alive. After a few minutes of sweating and grunting, their efforts seem to pay off: the two should survive to face interrogation. At the moment, though, they're unconscious. It should be possible, although a bit risky, to wake them up and have them answer questions.

Madeleine arches an eyebrow as she follows your efforts: "You're wasting your energies. These people are fanatics, and the world would be better off without them anyway".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've gotten hardened criminals to crack before," says Jacques, "as well as fanatical Communards and anarchists. I think it's a worth a try, so long as we have the time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine shrugs: "The tome is not going anywhere. But there might be more danger on its way here. It would be best we are on our way within the hour".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"In that case, we should bring them to the gendarmerie," says Jacques. "We can question them there, separately, at our leisure."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jaques Perhaps you can arrange for their transportation once we arrive back in Paris it will be rather cramped if we are to all travel back together.

Francois walks to the car opening the door he turns to Madeleine bowing slightly and gesturing for her to climb in. Mademoiselle still hasn't actually told us where the book is hidden nor how we are to deal with it after we have found it.
OOC:   Not sure if we're waiting for other players before moving on, but otherwise shall we back head to Paris?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jacques telephones the gendarmerie for a patrol wagon to come pick up their prisoners. "I'll go aboard the wagon," he tells the others, "and the rest of you can take the car."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine gracefully enters the car. "We'll need to enter the catacombs. It would be best if one of your gendarmes could accompany us, Colonel".
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The catacombs says, Francois, in which case we should obtain perhaps some rope and at least a couple of torches ideally at least one each. Because I for one do not want to become a ghostly friend for Philibert Aspairt*. You know his story, Mademoiselle? Philibert was a gatekeeper for the catacombs one day he heard a rumor there was a secret stash of brandy under a convent and so set out to find it with only a candle to light his way. His corpse was found eleven years later a few steps from the exit with a bottle of the said liquor in his hand. But do not worry they say he is a friendly ghost.

Francois will drive to an outfitter where hopefully he can acquire some electric torches similar to those the soldiers use in the trenches.
OOC:   1793 Philibert Aspairt only known death in the catacombs  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We may be able to get electric torches and other equipment at the gendarmerie," suggests Jacques. He selects one of the uninjured gendarmes that he had hand-picked to accompany them. "We'll also want entrenching tools, and there should be an ample supply. They're a soldier's best friend."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine answers Francois with a faint smile: "Charming tale, Monsieur. Let's hope we don't meet any ghost... or worse", she ends with an ominous tone of voice.
OOC:   So, you are stopping at the gendarmerie to get some equipment and then head into the catacombs, right?

Meanwhile, if I got it correctly, some more gendarmes will get back to the hunting lodge to get the prisoners and carry them to the gendarmerie.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'd also like to interrogate the prisoners (separately) before we head to the catacombs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

We go to the gendarmerie grab torches and other equipment and then go the catacombs I do not believe the time it would take you to extract any information from those men would offset the benefit of acting swiftly. says, Francois. So Mademoiselle, tell us more about the book's hiding place because the catacombs are a big place, who put it there? Is it simply hidden or is it guarded by someone....or something? and who does it actually belong to?
Francois thinking:   You have secrets Mademoiselle and I want to know what they are before I trust myself in the dark beneath Paris with you at my back. I wonder how many steps removed you are from those madmen who just attacked us?  
OOC:   Francois will use the journey back to Paris to relentlessly question Madeleine. He wants to know the whole provenance of the book, how they found out about it, how they got it, especially how they came to think it was some kind of tool for the war.  
Francois will use a 1 pt Psychoanalysis spend to see if he can gauge how truthful she is being or whether he thinks she is lying by omission.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"We hid it there, me and Sebastien. It was the only place, a place no one would stumble upon by chance in a thousand years. We knew they were looking for the book, the worshippers of Mordiggian. They let us play with it, kill those people in Verchanne. Then, when we grew scary of it, and we decided to hide it, they came after us. First Sebastien, then me", Madeleine says. "If you had just killed me, and destroyed my body, it would have been so much easier, really...", her voice trails off in a whisper.
ghill,You don't get the feeling she's lying. But she's definitely not right in the head. You can clearly see symptoms of [i]folie à double form[/i] (bipolar disorder), and she's definitely one for morbid thoughts. There's only one things bugging you: people talking and behaving like her, they tend to commit suicide rather quickly, if left unchecked and untreated. There's no sign she's tried or is willing to.

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”