[IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

Post by Overlord87 »

Olivia arches one of her thin eyebrows upon hearing the names, but makes no comment and simply answers the question: "I met Echavarria in... 1923 I think. Back then, I'm not ashamed to admit it, I was looking for someone who could help my career. I thought Echavarria could have been the right man. So I went to a few of his parties... and discovered he was a depraved, bad man. Very bad. I cut all ties with him and his group. Luckily, I wasn't yet very deep in. And let me tell you something, I wasn't surprised to discover his fate later on. He had it coming".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Clarendon interests Cameron. He stands at the back of the room regarding her. She seems very calm and cool, but of course, she is an actress, and is used to telling stories.

“How did you meet Echavarria?” he asks. “I’m curious about how people got involved in the cult.” He resists the temptation to glance at Ian as he asks this.
Assess Honesty,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/530384]Assess Honesty[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]6[/b]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Cult? I never really thought... but it makes sense, of course", she says pensively, "I'm sorry, it's just, for me, they were only people with a taste for the excess. But I suppose Echavarria might very well have believed himself a... priest... of some sort. Anyway, I was first introduced by a professor from UCLA, who I met while making research for a movie scenario I wanted to write. I suppose it went mostly like that, with those already in the circle inviting outsiders to join".

Assess Honesty,[ooc]No need to roll, as it is an investigative ability. Also, check out here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=352&t=5609[/ooc] As far as you can tell, she seems to be telling the truth.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Did you ever get close to Echavarria? Or any of his inner circle?”
OOC,Thanks OL I'll remember that.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"I met Echavarria, and I talked with him, but never really got close. The man who introduced me... the professor, Ayers.... I knew him better from our work together, but I'd hardly have called him a friend. He was important inside the group, though. Apart from that, I didn't stay long enough to build any lasting relationship, especially with the leaders".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

ian nods with his head. "I see... Tell me, Miss Clarendon, does the word 'Nectar' means anything to you?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

She frowns for a few seconds, apparently trying to remember: "I have heard the word... I think it was some kind of mixed drink Echavarria's group preferred... but I'm not really sure".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron isn’t so sure about this answer. “Are you sure you didn’t encounter nectar Miss Clarendon?” he enquires.
Assess Honesty,I don't think she's telling the truth.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Olivia narrows her eyes as she looks at Cam, then says: "It's been many years and my memory might fail me. I'm quite sure I did not drink any nectar. But if you can tell me precisely what you mean by that word, I might be able to help you more".
Assess Honesty,She's clearly a smart woman, and she's being wary at the moment. Still, you don't think she's lying to you.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Oh, I think Ian here can tell you more about nectar."

He is beginning to think that Clarendon won’t be able to tell them much. His shoulder aches and he starts longing for a drink.

Standing up he walks over to Ian and whispers in his ear. "I don't think we'll get much more out of her. I think we need to get down to Mexico. You continue this as long as you like and we can leave when you’re ready.”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian nods to Cam, agreeing that the woman doesn't seems to know much. He turns to Olivia. Well... nectar is a white liquid, with a milky appearance, but it's definitely not a common drink. We... Ian and looks uncomfortably at Cam. "We believe that it is some kind of drug. When people ingest it, they become... ahn... expansive and...aroused, if you know what I mean. Do you remember something like that? Or, if there are anything unusual you can remember from your time with that group... anything can help."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Olivia quickly blinks twice, then answers: "No, nothing unusual... well, they did all kind of things at those parties, but nothing... really... unusual", you can't help notice she sounds like she's convincing herself more than you, "And I don't remember this Nectar thing, sorry", she curtly adds.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron sighs.

"Miss Clarendon, we know you'd rather forget the whole thing. And I’m genuinely sorry we're here today dredging all this up"
he says sincerely.

“But as you can see, it never ended with Echavarria’s death. We want to put a stop to it, and we can do that with your help. We’re not looking to involve you again. Please tell us what you know about what their intentions were. We know they were conducting rituals of some kind.”
OOC,He's willing to spend a point on reassurance if possible.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Olivia seems a little hesitant: "I don't think I can help you anymore than this... and if as you say someone took Echavarria's place after his death, then I wish I could help you, but I can't... it's just...", she takes a deep breath and turns towards Ian before continuing, "When you asked if I remembered something unusual... well, it sort of came back to me, and now I can't take it out of my mind. You see, one time... the last time I ever went to one of their... gatherings... they went really wild. I remember Echavarria himself was having sex on a couch with a few other women... and men... and there was... there was a mouth on the couch. And it was... participating... God... it was participating", she shivers and shakes her head, "It can't have been true, of course. But even ten years later, I can't get that picture out of my head. Perhaps I did take some of that drug, without knowing it. That would explain, i guess...", her voice trails off and she falls quiet, looking at the floor.
Cam,1 point of Reassurance spent.
Ian,You suddenly feel very dizzy. No flashback, no vision, nothing more than that, but you feel very dizzy.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Her story sounds amazing, but Cameron wonders if there is some truth in it. The whole thing is very strange.

He's content to end the meeting, but waits for Ian's response.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"A couch, you say? That's... um..." Suddenly Ian feels really dizzy. He closes his eyes, hoping he's not having another flashback. "I'm sorry, miss. Just... just give me a minute." He leans back on his chair, taking a few deep breath, tying to clear his mind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron looks over at Ian. "He remembers it too."

He gets up and walks over to Ian, and puts his hand on his shoulder. "Let's go. It doesn't do you any good, recalling this stuff."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Olivia leans forward: "Are you all right? We can ask for a glass of water... or something stronger".
OOC:   If you're ready, we can wrap this scene up and move forward.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Did Christopher go back and get his photo's of the plans of Echivaria's House?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Yes, you can have the photos with you.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”