Looking for Game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Looking for Game

Post by leestriter »

Hey everyone, I used to play lots of roleplaying games on forums a few years ago and I'm excited to get back to it, I had a group playing CoC on skype but sadly my players and I have grown apart, but I see this as a great chance to join a game!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for great past games on the forum I would enjoy reading I would appreciate it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Looking for Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, leestriter! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games. I've recently started a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. There's an abandoned character whose player never showed up that you could take over, or you could create your own. Since the game just started, there's hardly any catching up to do.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus, but it has stalled again. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.

Another great past adventure you might enjoy reading is Ash. It can be found in the Hall of Fame, in the Modern section.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”