4. "We've been here before"

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: 4. "We've been here before"

Post by Mr. Handy »

"For starters, can you please give us directions to the Cooper House?" asks Gracie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

For a moment Dave glowers at the group, obviously they had done something to upset his wife. Then when Gracie suddenly throws her question at him he gulps, nervously. “Why can’t you people take no for an answer? I’ve already told your boss that don’t know anything about that place. Now just go away and leave us be” He begins to push the door closed as a obvious end to the conversation.

It doesn’t take an expert to work out that he knows more than he is letting on, and that Gracie’s question spooked him more than a little.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

Todd sticks his foot out to stop the door from closing. "With all due respect, Mr. Baker, our boss is missing, maybe in danger, and we've all been hurt by whatever happened yesterday. We're sorry to intrude on you and your wife like this but if you know something please help us. Otherwise we may have no option but to get the police involved."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Dave flashes a brief angry look at Todd as he tries to close the door, but at the mention of police involvement the look softens into a sweat filled surrender, he releases the door and steps back.

“Uh” he swallows nervously, “You’ll find the house about a mile or so south-east of here down the McCumsey Road near some woods” he stops talking but you can tell from his manner there is more.
He licks his lips, “Folks round here have say it’s haunted, but that’s just tales for kids”. Again he licks his lips nervously and exchanges a brief glance with Martha who looks equally nervous.
Clio 1.png
X= the accident site
Y= the motel
B= the Bakers Farm
C= the Cooper house[/ooc]
- Anais Nin
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Will you tell us all you know about this house? Or shall we get... the police involved?" I say with a forced friendly smile.

"Just level with us here. The more information we have, and the less likely we will be to get in trouble over there. If there is a ghost we don't know everything about, we will most certainly get in trouble. Trouble means the police will be coming."
With extra tentacles, please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Why are you so afraid?" Gracie asks the Bakers. "Do you believe it's really haunted?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Dave glares wildly around, his sweating face flicking from each of you. It seems as if some kind of conflict is raging within his mind. Eventually a look of utter resignation flashes across his face, again he steps back allowing you all to crowd in. Martha sends him a worried glance but he just shakes his head.

“Truth is I feel kinda stupid about tellin’ this story. Worried that folks might think I’ve gone soft in the head. Back when I was a kid, me and a friend decided to creep into the old Cooper House on a dare” he looks around as if gauging your thoughts, “That old house had always been thought of as haunted, Guess like all kids we thought it might be fun to go find us a ghost” He steps into the kitchen and picks up a mug of coffee gesturing to the pot in a kind of ‘help yourselves’ manner. Wiping his brow with a spotted handkerchief he continues, “Me and Billy Ray crept into the old place getting as far as the bottom of the stairs. Didn’t see anything, but heard a strange draggin’ sound from the upstairs landin’ as if someone or something’ was draggin’ somthin’ towards the stairs” he takes a long swallow from the mug, “Like I said didn’t see anythin’, we took to our heels real fast. Over the years I convinced myself that it was nothin’ more than overactive imagination. But with all the strange happenings attached to that house, now I aint so sure”.

He finishes his coffee and sends a wan smile at you all. “All I can say is ifn you are goin’ to that house, watch yourselves. There is somethin’ there, somethin’...bad”.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Gracie. "I don't think ti's ridiculous at all. You had good reason to be afraid. We'll be careful. We're professional ghost hunters."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Thanks Mr Baker. We sure appreciate your candour."

Karl looks around at his fellow professionals. "Ok gang, what next?"

"Oh, by the way Mr.Baker, have you seen the Yellow Sign?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Next we go to the Cooper House," says Gracie, giving Karl a puzzled look. Whatever the Yellow Sign is, she sure doesn't remember seeing it. Of course, she remembers very little.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Baker stares at Karl for a moment as if the man has lost his mind. He shakes his head, “No I aint seen no yeller sign”
Then to Gracie, “Y’all take care that place is strange”
OOC:   I'll update later and move you on to the Cooper House  
- Anais Nin

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”