The Shed

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Shed

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Another body?!" exclaims Kate. "We didn't see it when we were in here before. Wh-who is it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

The shed is so cold that their breaths come out in little puffs of condensation, though the fog itself doesn't follow them in, even during the brief moments they left the door open as though it were somehow afraid to enter. Their flashlights criss cross around the room before settling upon the body and where it is hidden. Is there ... something there? Some kind of handle glimpsed between gaps in the sleepers? That looks promising. Still no sign of any cutting tools on the walls even though they should really be in here. There's not even a screwdriver here.
Evidence Collection,wait, there is a screwdriver over near a gap in the shed wall. It looks like it fell down from the outside of the rear wall and rolled in through that little gap. It's edge is still quite bloodstained and the blood is fresh. It sits close to the hole, though, and there's this horrifying feeling that reaching for it with hand or foot would lead to being grabbed by such appendage and jerked bloodily through the hole. Just a feeling, surely. A feeling brought on by the horrifying sense of this place.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate gathers up her courage and pulls on the handle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It seems stuck, somewhat, but not by the sleepers. As she tugs on it, there's an odd wet sound coupled with a strange scraping sound....
OOC,Athletics roll to pull it loose without uncovering what lies beneath...

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate pulls on the handle, but something comes with it...
OOC,Athletics roll (no points spent) pulling out the handle: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

*snap*

Whoops. The angle was wrong. The saw snaps in half as it comes out, it's blood smeared edges still clogged with flesh and tufts of hair. The broken edge should still be capable of hacking through that fabric (though not as well as, say, an axe) but it won't be much use after that and it will probably only create a big enough slit for them to slowly wiggle through one at a time before breaking. They could keep searching the lumber or look elsewhere for more tools....

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I suppose the saw will do, even if it's broken," says Kate. "It just won't be much good afterwards. Time is of the essence, so we should go back to the train. The opening we make will be a tight squeeze, but only one of us needs to get in that way. The bolt cutters are within the baggage car, and whoever goes in first can cut the chain from the inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan still feels a little unsteady on his feet: "I agree, let's go. The sooner we're out of here, the better".
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Sure, sure, let's just get moving and out of this place, and back to the village," he said as he refocused his attention on the situation before them and lost the blank stare that had occupied his face. He tried to smile and it was obvious that it was forced. He walked towards the shed's door and his mouth twitched as the sound of dripping seemed to echo more loudly in his mind than in actuality.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens into the silence of the fog that covers the world around you with that real sense of unreality. Is that your imagination or is someone playing piano, quietly, disturbingly, in the distance or in the station? The air raid sirens have stopped at least. You don't know when it ceased. You only now know that it hasn't been for awhile.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate takes the broken saw and heads back outside. "That must be that piano player on the train," she says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Right, right, because this nightmare didn't have any musical accompaniment to it," Arty said with sarcastic amusement. He stepped out into the fog and headed towards the station and its train. "Let's get this done, Miss Kate."

Return to “The Railway Station”