2, That’s odd, seven rooms and only six of us...

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

The Journey from the site of the crash to the Coach and Lantern Motel about a mile off the 75 takes about twenty minutes, and provides a first, well it seems first, look at the city of Clio. City it seems is a rather grand title for somewhere little more than a town, it seems the founders had a sense of humour. As you pass through what seems a small but thriving town centre, well illuminated by lights and flashing signs, you see several people out and about, although it seems that the imminent threat of a storm adds speed to their movements. All in all what you see looks like a typical Michigan urban development, what you were doing here is anyone’s guess.
If, as you have begun to suspect, you are part of some TV production, that would explain the technical equipment stored in the van. Equipment which would be expected for making films or such. However it seems that there is no camera or sound equipment aboard. Equipment for mixing and for viewing but no tapes of anything.
Eventually you turn into the parking lot of the motel
Gracie Gunn,You suddenly see yourself seated in the front of the van, beside you Hippo, the driver, cracks a smile,[color=#0040FF] “This looks like the only game in town”[/color]. The van then pulls into the motel’s parking lot. From behind, the voice of a woman says, [color=#0040FF]“All right, let’s get some rooms and then something to eat. I’m starving, and dinner is on me”[/color]. Turning around, you see a red-haired woman that you do not recognize, although again the feeling that you should swamps your being.
a small but modern looking building with a sign that announces a pool. In the clean and tidy foyer, complete with several vending machines, a desk area is marked enquiries and a young man, probably in his early twenties, leans over it reading a magazine set on the desk top. He smiles at you in recognition, then winces as he takes in your bedraggled state...
OOC:   Remember you each have a key to a room numbered 3,4,5,7,8,9. Todd Guzman has room #4, other than that you may choose.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: 2, That’s odd, seven rooms and only six of us...

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"What, you've never seen van crash victims?" I say with a wink, I have a look at my key: number 5.
With extra tentacles, please.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo has the key to Room 9.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie takes out her key, which has the number 7 on it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"I'm going to go to my room and get changed. I hope I've brought a set of spare clothes, otherwise we're going to have to go shopping ASAP."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"This may sound like a strange question," Todd says to the receptionist. "But when we left here did we happen to mention where we were going?"
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl looks at his key. No 3. 'Definitely not my lucky number, he thinks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Lyn's room is right next to mine," says Gracie, "so I'll knock and see if she's in on my way there. I remember when we arrived here the first time, and she was with us then."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Grasping at straws, Karl also quizzes the receptionist, "Are there any messages for us?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The guy at the desk turns and looks at a row of Pidgeon holes each marked with a room number running from 1 – 15. All are empty and all but numbers 3 – 9 have keys in them, it seems that the only occupied rooms are yours. “Sorry pal, but there doesn’t seem to be anything”. At Todd’s question he turns back, “I wasn’t here when you went off. That would be Dad you need to ask”. He opens a door behind the desk marked private, “Hey pop the guys from the film crew are here with some questions”.
Within moments an older gentleman who bears a striking resemblance to the man behind the desk appears, you guess this is ‘pop’. The same question is asked of the old man, he shakes his head with a quizzical look in his eyes, “Nope, any reason why you should have?” His eyes look over at the state of your clothing and your collection of cuts and bruises, “Anything I should know?”...
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Our van was in a wreck," explains Gracie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"And we're not sure if our friend Lyn made it back here or not," Todd adds. "We think she might be in room 6."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The desk clerk, whose name it seems is Bob Sawyer and along with his wife, Anne, run the motel, eyes you with a mixture of suspicion and pity, following Gracie’s brief explanation.
“Lyn...Room 6” he muses as he runs a finger down a list of names in the motel’s guest book. You note that the Pidgeon hole to room 6 is empty.
“Says here that room #6 has been rented to a Miss Lyn Cartwright” he thinks for a second or two, “Yeah I remember her, pretty red-head. Probably in her mid-thirties. Y’all arrived together and went off together in your van this morning. How comes you aint together now?”
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"We must have gotten separated in the accident somehow," Todd replies. "Would it be possible to let us take a look inside room 6 to see if we can figure out where she might have gone? We're kinda worried she might be hurt."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

At Todd’s suggestion Bob Sawyer looks perplexed, as if in two minds. For a few moments he seems to be chewing over the idea, “Well it aint regular but as long as I go with you and nothing gets touched, I don’t suppose it can do any harm” . He slips out from behind the desk, fishes in a pocket and produces a large bunch of keys before making his way down the corridor towards the door marked 6. “So just what were you folks up to around Clio?”
- Anais Nin
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Ever heard of a TV show called "The Supernatural Files"? Yup. That's us! We're filming a new episode, but for contractual reasons, we're not allowed to give more details."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You'll just have to wait until the episode airs," adds Gracie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

Simon wonders what might be his role in the production. The safest bet is a technical assistant / general lackey of sorts, hauling equipment, maybe learning some basic camera skills...

He follows the others to the mysterious room #6.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Bob Sawyer stops at the door marked ‘Room 6’ and searches the bundle of keys. Finding the right one he inserts it in the lock, looking back as he does so, “Okay, look but don’t touch nothing”. He turns the key and pushes the door open...
Simon Quispe,For a brief moment your vision darkens and you hear a female voice, unrecognised but with a hint of familiarity,[color=#0040FF] “Don’t bitch just get the damned case, oh and bring me some coffee”[/color]. Your vision clears and you watch the door to room 6 swing open
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Thank you, Mr. Sawyer," Todd says as he steps into the room, anxious to get some answers.

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”