2, Greeenapple Acre Cottage

Despite racing against the rain on your way northwards, the storm finally caught up with you in earnest and with it the night has fallen, abyssal black and riven by lightning. Conditions on the rain-swept road force your speed down to a virtual crawl so that your head-lamps can pierce the gloom and keep you on the path. The only thing certain now is that the weather behind you is worse than that which surrounds you, driving you onwards. What should have been an eventless journey has become something dangerous and unpredictable....

Moderator: Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: 2, Greeenapple Acre Cottage

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sean stands ready with the switch.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Spoiler:
Regular Luck = 60[dice]0[/dice]
Judith steadies her grip on the crowbar and turns to head back to the kitchen and the others.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

OOC:   So, we have Maynard observing the burning corpse of Keiffer in the woods and awaiting a Sanity Roll (2/1d10).
Judith. clutching a iron crowbar which she has just retrieved from the front of the cottage, rushing back to the kitchen, where Sean and Allister await developments.
While Dorothy and her adopted charge, Emilia, stand outside the back door grabbing at two pairs of rubber boots. Several Rolls are required from Dorothy. Regular Luck, Hard Listen (25%), and Extreme Spot Hidden (05%)

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Maynard SAN roll 60%

[dice]0[/dice]

San now down to 58%

Knowing that to interfere with what he is seeing ... it cannot be real - can it? ... would incinerate him in an instant, yet he cannot stand idly by. Stepping back so that he can get a good run up he takes a deep breath and prays that this will not be his last.

Yelling at the top of his voice he charges at full speed at the elevated form of the Architect, launches himself into space in an attempt to shoulder-charge Kieffer out of the grip of ... of whatever it is.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a grunt of effort mixed with pain from his ankle, Maynard thrusts forward in an attempt to wrestle the burning remains of the architect from the creature. As he meets a momentary resistance from the partially floating body he seems to feel a sense of shock, hatred and fear flowing from the entity. Without a sound it seems to recoil from Maynard, release the body, which falls to the ground with a soft thump and continues to burn, and move away to the west at speed. Within moments it is lost amongst the trees, leaving Maynard unharmed but with an overwhelming sense of relief…
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Outside the back door, once again, Dorothy takes a brief moment to gather her thoughts. To her right are two pairs of the ubiquitous rubber boots, one pair larger than the other As she reaches down for them a flash of lightning close by makes her jump, it seems that the events of this night are beginning to fray her nerves. Beside her Emilia also jumps in response to the lightning.
Despite the flood of fear, or is it the thrill of excitement, that courses through her being, her senses are drawn to a almost human sounding scream of fear that seems to come from the woods just beyond the garage, The very place that Keiffer the architect had proposed drawing the Light in order to allow the others time to prepare a trap. She shudders at the pure terror in that scream. Then, as swiftly as it came it is gone, leaving only the screeching wind that whines and whistles through the trees. Is that a light she sees there obscured by the dark trees?

Inside the kitchen Alister turns to Sean and in a slightly nervous voice whispers, “Should one of us return to the cellar and be ready by the generator? Then if that thing tries to get in through the stove the other can shout and the switch can be flicked” He is scared, very scared the sweat that freely runs down his forehead attests to that, but he knows they really only have one chance to incinerate the thing if it comes calling.
OOC:   Again my apologies, I completely missed Dorothy's earlie post with the dice rolls  
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Judith arrives back in the kitchen carrying the crowbar to find only Sean and Alister conferring. "Where have Dorothy and Emilia gone?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Lying on the ground Maynard is winded by the collision but the smell of burning flesh brings him back to the present with a jolt.

"Kieffer buddy ... C'mon ... Shit, why does it always happen to me?" Maynard curses his luck under his breath. "Help!!!! HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!" he calls out.
Priest,If I read your post aright then Kieffer is still alight - if this is the case then I will roll him in an attempt to extinguish the flames. If not then I will attempt to lift him and stagger towards where I believe the cottage to be with his unconscious form in my arms. (Im too shaken to have thought to have checked for signs of life)
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think they went to look for the boots," says Sean. "I'll man the switch."
OOC,I'd thought we set up a switch upstairs in the kitchen, but if it's down with the generator, I'll head back there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Alister Sergeant

The trembling, sweating Alister stays at his place in the kitchen, ready to give the sign to Sean.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"I don't like the sound of that," Dorothy says. "Come on. Let's get these boots back to the house. They may come in handy with all this messing around with electrical stuff." She grabs the bigger pair, trusting Emilia to take the other.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Maynard entangled with the charred remains of Keiffer hits the rain softened ground. That the architect is dead is obvious, no one could have taken that damage and survived. Where there was once a head there is only the scorched remains of a neck, likewise his raincoat sleeves now end in blackened and burned tatters. As Maynard picks himself free from the corpse, his rational mind compares the similarity to the remains of the man in the living room, luckily the darkness hides the full extent of Keiffer’s injuries.
Aware of the predicament of his situation, alone in the woods with some kind of alien fire, heat vampire loose nearby, he tries to call for help, but his voice is drowned out in the cacophony of the storm. From where he lies he can see the lights of the cottage to his left, as he watches a shadow moves across the inside of what can only be the Kitchen window…

Several hundred yards from the scene of death and horror, Dorothy having paused in her search for rubber boots at what may have been a scream of pain and terror, thinks she may have noticed a light over in the trees, but if she had it is suddenly gone. She shudders and picks up the boots, Emilia quickly grabbing the other pair, before turning and pushing back into the kitchen…

With Sean’s departure for the cellar and the generator, Judith, recently arrived crowbar in hand, watches nervously as the outside door flies open and Dorothy accompanied by Emilia rush in slamming the door closed behind them as if all the devil’s in hell were on their tails…

Alister jumps and grins sheepishly at the sudden entrance but keeps his eyes firmly fixed on the stove waiting for a sign that something is coming…
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sean remains by the switch, listening for a shout and hoping someone will bring him a pair of boots before he has to turn on the generator.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Dorothy rushes in with the boots. "I hope one of these will fit you. We better stand back before you flip the switch. C'mon, Emilia."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Judith sets the box down near the stove where anyone can grab it if needed then, still holding onto the crowbar for reassurance, moves to the kitchen window and peers grimly out into the night...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Sean, taking the larger pair of boots and putitng them on quickly. While he isn't a very tall man, he's bigger than everyone else here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Maynard hangs his head and openly weeps, not just for the dead architect, but also that he proved so ineffectual in saving him. He stands painfully and heads towards the lights of the cottage, limping heavily on his injured leg.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Maynard. Your eyes sting from the tears that well up and the sense of failure fills your being sadness as you begin the slow, painful, journey back to the cottage and its welcoming lights…

In the kitchen Judith takes a moment to peer out of the window towards the deeper shadows of the woods. At this moment she sees something moving to the west, a light perhaps, but the moment is gone so fast…

Behind her the others begin to further equip themselves in anticipation of the entities return.
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Judith continues her vigil at the window, staring anxiously out into the storm-wracked darkness, wondering what became of the two men who were caught at the barn.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

As Judith continues her vigil a flash of nearby lightning reveals a limping figure moving towards the cottage from the trees. In the flickering light she recognises the investigator chap, Maynard she thinks he is called. But why is he limping and why is he alone? The last she had seen of him he was in the garage with the architect, Kieffer.

Concentrating on the limping figure she thinks she may have heard a noise somwhere inside the cottage...

Please roll Listen 50%.
- Anais Nin

Return to “Dead Light (7th Edition)”