[IC - SCENE 5] Verchanne

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: [IC - SCENE 5] Verchanne

Post by Cearlan »

Andre
Although physically a lot better than he was, Andre has taken on a glassy-eyed, thousand yard stare and repeats the same chant over and over again.

"Hakuu gatha thsathun - Hakuu gatha thsathun. Hakuu gatha thsathun - Hakuu gatha thsathun. Hakuu gatha thsathun - Hakuu gatha thsathun."

At one point he becomes somewhat agitated and the chant becomes louder, but this passes after a minute or two and he reverts to his almost catatonic state once more.
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We almost killed it too," says Jacques. "That is why it fled. It has been a long time since I last fired a gun in anger, but I have not forgotten how. We can track it down and finish it off, especially since we can follow the trail of its blood. We know it went into that building."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   So, are you running after the creature? All of you or just Jacques and Francois? Keep in mind that with Andre as he is, he might slow you down  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   I seriously doubt that Andre is in any condition to pursue the creature - however he will follow as best he may given his near-catatonic state  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Francois looks around at the others. Perhaps now is not the right time to rush off after the beast, perhaps it would also be wise to have something with a bit more heft than these pistols before we bait the creature in its lair?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not going to find a stray rifle laying about," says Jacques. "Our soldiers cleaned out all the weapons from here, and if we leave this place, it will escape for certain. It is almost dead. While it is true that it makes it more dangerous, it should also be less difficult to kill. It should be dead already. A man would have been, but that was no man..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"If it leaves a trail like that" says Francois pointing at a splash of blood on the road "Then I will have no difficulty following its trail, whether now, this afternoon, tomorrow or next week. The saying "Do not rush to hunt a bear in its cave, or a boar in its cover is a phrase which has held me well these long years in the chasse. Even so, if we go after it now, who will care for Andre? If we split up who is to say other creatures will not come and kill us in detail.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jacques stops, nodding. "Perhaps discretion is the better part of valor," he says. "We have seen what we were supposed to see here, and we do have wounded men. I do not think there is any reason for us to return here - or for anyone, for that matter. Let us leave Verchanne to the dead. It is theirs now. I have an appointment with General Gallieni when we return to Paris, and then one with Madeleine Morvan."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You leave behind the dead Verchanne and drive back to Paris. The soldiers at the checkpoint watch you go without a comment, their expression unreadable behind the gas masks. Andre seems to get better the more you get away from Verchanne, stopping his senseless mumbling as his eyes get back into focus. By the time you enter Paris, he seems to have recovered a somewhat stable state of mind.
OOC:   So, I guess Jacques will head directly to speak with General Gallieni. Do you want to accompany him, or is there something else you would like to do?  
Cearlan,You look back to normal, and you can act normally, but remember that with that value of Stability, you are still very much on edge. And you are still convinced there is no war going on.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Roughly what time is it by the time we get back to Paris?  
Before Francois leaves he checks all around for the creatures spore he wants to determine if its tracks are the same as those he found in the garden the night before last.

I am tempted to go back to my 'apartamente' and get one of my long guns and then stake out the accommodation of Miss Morvan says Francois he pauses for a moment. It might be better if we don't all turn up with Jaques, interview with the General, only one of us is a Gendarme after all
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A good idea," says Jacques. "While I trust the men guarding her, some extra protection couldn't hurt. Just make sure you make them aware of your presence, lest they spot you and mistake you for an enemy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   You can reach Paris shortly before lunchtime.  
ghill,The creature left behind the same traces you found in Dupont's garden.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"One other thing I should add" says Francois "the tracks the creature left, I found similar ones in the garden at the house on the night of the murder, whatever it is there are more like it in Paris."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, that is useful to know," says Jacques. "One or more of them must have killed Monsieur Dupont and left his body where we found it. They could easily have ripped off his head."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

"If there are more of these things out there - we must have means to protect ourselves. We almost died!"
says Jean-Luc with a frantic voice. "This thing looks like it could take a whole battalion, and it looks like it just did." He suddenly feels naked without a gun.
Just a cultist.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll see what I can do to requisition some weapons for us," says Jacques, "and perhaps some soldiers to go with them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   So, I'm waiting for Cearlan to come back before we move things on. Anyway, are we proceeding with:

- Jacques goes to meet General Gallieni
- The other three head back to their homes to rest and prepare

Then you all meet again at the place where Madeleine is hiding. Does it work for you?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that works for me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre
Andre looks around him with a bewildered look on his face.

"Wha... what happened here. How did we end up in what I can only assume is a kind of living, terrible event. Surely such things cannot be." He grimaces as a lance of pain shoots through his mangled arm.
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

OOC:   Jean-Luc can go home as well and meet everybody once we've rested.  
Just a cultist.

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”