Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Midnight Masks

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

As Daisy makes her way out of the hospital, a horrid black winged creature swoops down on her from above! Shrieking, she thrusts her amulet at it. A bright light flares, and when it is gone, so is the monster.
OOC,Discard Disc of Itzamna. Discard Hunting Nightgaunt. Boy am I glad I had that thing!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Evade the Masked Hunter--Agility 4 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] Success, Masked Hunter exhausted.

Action 2: Play Sneak Attack [spend 2 resources]--Masked Hunter [2/8]

Action 3: Move to Northside.

ImageImage 4 clues.

Action 4: gain 1 resource.
OOC:   I messed up. The shroud is too high at Northside for Burglary. Should've gone back to Rivertown.  
He saw the leather jacket at first, and couldn't help but think: "How cool is that?"; then the curved blade and animal skull mask... The Masked Hunter stalked purposefully through the rain; Skids knew that he was no match against it. Skids pressed himself close to a wall, feeling terribly frightened. Breathing steady, shallow puffs, gripping the makeshift garrotte, a cheese wire, he waited for it to pass by.

He wiped bloody fingers upon his trouser leg as he looked around the train station. There were so many passengers that he groaned in despair: he'd never be able to burgle the place. Some careless person had left a parcel unattended; he picked it up, took a few steps away, and was quickly swallowed by the crowd.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Rivertown has Obscuring Fog, so the odds would have been the same, but it would have been more convenient for me to go there. I can still help you out with my book, though. Unfortunately, it's out of my way. I was hoping to get to Easttown so I could play my Ally cheaper. I'll have to go by way of Miskatonic University to get to Northside, but first I'd better spend our clues so we can reveal the next Cultist (unless you think that's not a good idea).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Oh yeah, I forgot about Obscuring Fog, I didn't mess up then. ;) Remember, the Masked Hunter is in Easttown.  
Spend 4 clues.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Perfect! I think I should head towards the Graveyard so I can take care of [b]Herman[/b] next turn, seeing as I have a full hand of cards. I'll use the book on myself right now, then wait to see what my cards are before I proceed. I plan to play the Knife and one other card before moving one step closer. Next turn I can hopefully use the book again, finish moving to the Graveyard, and Parley.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Tut. Re. Skids move, I've just realised that Northside is NOT connected to Easttown. I'm inclined to let it go, what do you think?  
Start of Turn 5.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown SKIDS.

St. Mary's DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte with 2 doom].

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown.
OOC:   Daisy's cards coming...  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ImageImageImage
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, I think you should place yourself in Rivertown, which is where I'd asked you to go so we could meet up and I could use the book on you. I was confused as to why you went another direction, and I hadn't realized there was no connection, or I'd have said you should just go to Rivertown instead. Please put those three cards back on top of my deck in the same order, and I'll pretend I never saw them (I'll get them again soon enough). I'll go back to my original plan, which is to move twice to Rivertown (by way of Miskatonic University), use the book on you for free, and then equip my Knife. That will set me up better for going to the Graveyard next turn, and maybe you'll draw one of your Emergency Caches so you can get more resources for your Dynamite Blasts. Also, didn't the Acolyte's doom tokens go away when the agenda advanced?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Okay. Skids at Rivertown. And 2 doom on Acolyte was used up to advance the agenda.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy makes her way through the darkened streets of Arkham to Rivertown, where she once again meets up with Skids. Together, they are able to compare notes and figure out the identity and location of another of the cultists.
OOC,Action 1: Spend 4 clues as a group to draw the top card of the Cultist deck. Action 2: Move to Miskatonic University (unlocking it). Action 3: Move to Rivertown Free Action: Activate Old Book of Lore to allow [b]Skids[/b] to search the top 3 cards of his deck and draw one, shuffling the others back in. I would have liked to play my Knife and have you spend your fourth action to reveal the Cultist. If you're willing to do that, then I'll play my Knife instead so that I don't have to discard a card needlessly. You can still guarantee getting 5 resources next turn so you can use a Dynamite Blast (you'll still have one, you'll gain one in Upkeep, and you can collect three more before using your fourth action for the Dynamite Blast next turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Okay. Skids to ditch 1 resource but instead to spend action revealing Herman.  
ImageImage

Skids: ImageImageImage

Hard Knocks added to hand.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5 Upkeep Phase

Skids: Image and gain 1 resource. (I did shuffle my deck.)

Daisy: Image and gain 1 resource.

Start of Turn 6.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] SKIDS DAISY <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues], Graveyard [Herman Collins], Easttown [Masked Hunter]

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown

St. Mary's <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte]

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, I had a better idea earlier today. I'd forgotten that playing the Magnifying Glass is a fast action. Give yourself back the resource (you'll need it before long anyway), and I'll just play the Magnifying Glass at the end of my Turn 5 actions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   1 resource added to Skids.  
Turn 6 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [1/8].

Skids: Image

Revelation--Agility 4 vs. 4, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-2] take 1 damage and 1 horror, move to Rivertown.

From the evening sky came the dreaded flap-flap-flap; Skids shuddered. He reached out to Daisy before being plucked into the air. "Miss Walker," he cried, resignation and despair in his voice.

Daisy: Image
OOC:   Where shall we place him? If Easttown I can throw dynamite, kill it and damage the Masked Hunter...  
Place 1 doom on Wizard of the Order.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, definitely place it in Easttown, so it'll get blown up by the Dynamite Blast. Next turn you can collect two resources, use the Dynamite Blast, and then move away so the Hunter doesn't attack you. You might want to join me in the Graveyard, but it is a dead end (literally). I'll use the book on myself, go there, and parley with the gravedigger. I'll ditch Scrying, Forbidden Knowledge, Arcane Initiate, and one other card (depending on what I draw). We should have four unique cultists defeated after this turn, and the fifth on the ropes. I think we're in good shape. Are you allowed to move to Rivertown from that effect when you're already there? It does seem to be the only Central location.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Just realised, Wizard of the Order spawns at an empty location, so I propose Northside. Skids can kill it, and use Evidence Collection, in a few turns; he'll throw dynamite and move to Miskatonnic U. this turn, and then Backstab the Masked Hunter next turn.

Daisy to go first.

?  
Unlocked,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/01133.jpg[/img]
OOC:   Er--Easttown is closer to the Graveyard than Miskatonic U., it'll catch Daisy... how about she moves to M. U. as well?

Um--now I think that unless we move 2 locations away the Masked Hunter will catch us because 1 location away from Rivertown is also 1 location away from Easttown. Skids to stop in Rivertown, throw dynamite, but take a hit during the Enemy Phase.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Masked Hunter is in Easttown right now, which is one away from Rivertown. I'm moving to the Graveyard, so I'll be two away. You can collect two resources, throw your Dynamite, and move to the Graveyard, putting you two away. We'd be trapped there, but maybe you could backstab and evade later. Or I could use Blinding Light. Or Miskatonic University is two spaces away (only Rivertown and Downtown are next to Easttown). I can go first. The first thing I'll do is use the Book of Old Lore. I was planning to use it on myself, as I'm going to be giving up four cards, but I can use it on you instead if you prefer. You really need to generate resources fast to use all your goodies, so hopefully you'll draw an Emergency Cache too. That would also give you a spare action this turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   I got muddled. Skids will go to M. U. then. Two things to note: I think I ditched my Emergency Cache in favour of a 2nd Dynamite Blast, and that there's a forced penalty on entering the Graveyard.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You could use Burglary in the Graveyard, but you don't want to take the hit for entering. If your Emergency Cache is still in your deck, it may be near the top if you're lucky. If you have two of them in there, that increases the odds of drawing one. I'll use the book now. Do you want me to use it on you, or should I use it on myself? I should probably ditch the Knife as my fourth discard. I have another one in mu deck, and I don't fight so well even with it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle