IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Everyone else)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Everyone else)

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,[b]Decius[/b] has a [i]Tactics[/i] skill of 50% and rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Decius Lupus,[b]Decius[/b] knew that the speed was of the essence. If they could strike the guards before they could get properly organized, they would have a great advantage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Spoiler:
Listen = 25%[dice]0[/dice]
Amid the chaos, Titus hears something strange.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Decius draws breath and with his best battle cry roars, "With me, troops, they're on the run now but they'll rally if we let them! Quickly!"

Sword and shield at the ready, Decius charges down the hall after the Egyptian guards, following the bloody trail.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Titus Iunius Philo,[b]Titus[/b] had heard a man's voice calling in Egyptian far in the distance, well beyond the corridor through which the guards were fleeing. The unwounded guard had also shouted something in Egyptian. [spoiler][b]Titus[/b], you may roll Other Language: Egyptian if you wish. The base chance is 01%.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Even in the midst of battle, Titus tries to draw the attention of his fellows. "There is someone within the corridor speaking to one of the guards in a language I do not know. That person may be important."

He advances behind the soldiers, ready to make use of his spear if need be.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

While Titus could not completely understand what the guards were yelling, he was sure they were speaking Egyptian, and it sounded like Elizabeth's translation was correct.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Spoiler:
Listen against 25 [dice]0[/dice] and against tactics of 52 [dice]1[/dice]
Artemis managed to get his breathing in check and the blood pumping in his ears was fading into an almost unhearable rythm. Suddenly Elizabeth was shouting for Lady Caelia and then also TItus was talking about someone of importance. He shook his head and things got a bit clearer.

"Should we go after that person sounding the alarm, and a few go after Lady Caelia," Artemis asked as he followed after Decius with the pillum at the ready.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Decius shakes his head and speaks with confidence. "We've got these guards on the run, we need to deal with them before they rally. And there must be enough of us that we can protect the young girl and the elder. Once the guards are sorted, we'll have more time to search properly." He keeps moving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth Young/Titus Iunius Philo,[b]Elizabeth[/b] and [b]Titus[/b] could hear [b]Caelia[/b] call out in the distance: "Please stop! Let me help this guard, he's badly wounded; I'm a surgeon and if he's not tended to immediately you might lose him." "There's no time," said [b]Akana[/b] in Egyptian. "Your friends are too near. Get her below. You two hide the entrance, then join the fight." Shortly afterwards, they heard something heavy being moved.
The group rushed across the atrium and down the corridor, the three cavalrymen and the gladiator leading the charge. They emerged into the peristylium, a large open-air garden. There were three doors on the right-hand side, not far beyond their current position. All of them were open. At the far side, there was a door on the left side and an open doorway on the right side. Two Egyptian guards, each drawing a khopesh, emerged from that doorway. The two guards they were pursuing had stopped fleeing and were also gathered at the far end of the garden, as was another guard. Just as the rescuers arrived, two additional guards with weapons in hand also emerged from the central door on the right, for a total of seven.
OOC,[b]Titus[/b] was close enough in his Egyptian roll that I'll allow him to understand the speech he heard, especially since [b]Elizabeth[/b] can fill in the blanks for him as they run. Only [b]Decius[/b], [b]Aricus[/b], and [b]Spurius[/b] may act before the guards do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Hmm, seven? Not great odds. And I'm fencing with a khopesh. Oh well, the gods hate a coward.

Decius roars, "Watch each others' backs! And you guards - run now or die!"

Decius charges forward and slices at a guard.
OOC,Attack with [i]Long Sword[/i] at 70% skill... [dice]0[/dice]
Damage,[dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice] for a total [b]9[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The three cavalrymen and the gladiator charged into the mass of guards, who hastily turned to meet them, with war cries on their lips. The one that Decius attacked did try to turn and run, but he was too slow. The blade caught him in the chest, slicing him open, and he dropped to the ground, motionless. Aricus and Spurius swung wildly in the melee, but their blows did not strike home. The badly wounded guard swung at the gladiator, but in his weakened state he failed to connect. Another guard attacked him, his blade cutting through Aricus's ringmail and wounding him lightly. Spurius was mobbed by two fierce guards. One slashed him in the shoulder, finding a weak spot in his armor and wounding him in the neck. The other hit him, but his scale armor turned the blade. One guard each attacked Decius and Artemis, but their wild blows were ineffective.

As if things weren't bad enough, two more sleepy-eyed guards emerged from the furthest of the three open doors on the right. They wore only loincloths, having just awakened, though they did have their swords in their hands.
OOC,Guard 1's Dodge roll (40% skill): [dice]0[/dice] Guard 1's CON x 5 roll (65% stat) to stay conscious: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Aricus[/b]'s Gladius roll (75% skill) attacking Guard 2: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Spurius[/b]'s Long Sword roll (50% skill) attacking Guard 3: [dice]3[/dice] Guard 2's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Aricus[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] Guard 3's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Spurius[/b]: [dice]5[/dice] Damage to [b]Spurius[/b] from critical khopesh hit (ignores armor): [dice]10[/dice]+[dice]11[/dice] Guard 4's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Artemis[/b]: [dice]6[/dice] Guard 5's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Decius[/b]: [dice]7[/dice] Guard 6's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Aricus[/b]: [dice]8[/dice] Damage to [b]Aricus[/b] from khopesh hit: [dice]12[/dice]+[dice]13[/dice] Guard 7's Khopesh roll (35% skill) attacking [b]Spurius[/b]: [dice]9[/dice] Damage to [b]Spurius[/b] from khopesh hit: [dice]14[/dice]+[dice]15[/dice] At this point, [b]Artemis[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], and [b]Titus[/b] may take their turns. Also, since [b]Decius[/b], [b]Aricus[/b], and [b]Spurius[/b] go before the guards in the combat order at the top of the next round, they may act as well now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

These are desperate times. Titus is no soldier, but he will do what he can to aid the brave warriors. He brandishes the pilum at one of the guards.
Spoiler:
spear melee = 15%[dice]0[/dice]
To his astonishment, he strikes home. Mars is guiding his hand!
Spoiler:
Damage = 1d8 +db. I don't even know what db is, so I'll let you figure it out.[dice]1[/dice]
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Spoiler:
attack with mace - 45 [dice]0[/dice] damage if a hit [dice]1[/dice]
Artemis pulled the mace from his belt and swung it hard at the guard that had tried to attack him.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Two more? We are going to start losing people very soon. Time to go full Roman. I hope Germanicus backs me on this if it does work.

Decius takes a deep breath. "Egyptians, listen to me! We work for Senator Germanicus! He is rich and powerful! If you stop fighting, he will pay you gold! He will pay your passage back to Egypt if you want it! We can have you enlisted as Roman Army Auxiliaries within the week if you want that instead! I am Decius Lupus and I swear this is true, on my honour as a Roman citizen and veteran auxiliary! May Mars and Jupiter strike me down if I lie!"

"No-one else needs to die, just stop fighting and wait for us at the front of the villa."

Decius punctuates this with another vicious attack at a guard with his khopesh.
OOC,Khopesh attack at 70% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Damage,That would be an impale. [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice] For a total [b]14[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nice rolling! [b]Titus[/b], db stands for damage bonus, and yours is 0. Still, 8 damage is very impressive! Please let me know which of the guards you want to stab. There are two each engaged with [b]Spurius[/b] and [b]Aricus[/b], both of whom are wounded, and one each with [b]Artemis[/b] and [b]Decius[/b]. There are also two guards not currently fighting anyone, though rushing them by yourself is risky. If you don't specify, I'll just choose one of the guards fighting [b]Spurius[/b], who needs help the worst. One of the guards fighting [b]Aricus[/b] is badly wounded, and the spear thrust will surely kill him. It may even be powerful enough to down one of the uninjured guards, depending on a CON roll. [b]Artemis[/b], I see that there's a small problem with your character sheet. The Mace skill there appears to have been copied and pasted from another sheet, and it refers to the chemical spray (which doesn't exist in ancient Rome), not a spiked club. That is why it had a base skill of DEX x 5. The base skill for a mace is 25%, as it is classified as a Small Club. I'll just say you stabbed your guard with your pilum, as your roll was good enough to hit with that. Go ahead and roll damage, which is 1D8. [b]Elizabeth[/b], you may act as well if you wish. [b]Decius[/b], please roll Status to see how effective your offer is.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,[b]Decius'[/b] [i]Status[/i] is 40% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

OOC:   :lol: Ok, that was a hillarious mistake. Sorry, so I changed the sheet here, need to go into the discussion here in the creation forum to make that change as well. Here is that damage roll [dice]0[/dice]  
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Attacking the guard with Spurius is fine.
Still amazed at the damage he has done without proper training, Titus prepares to defend himself with the pilum.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth pulls out her knife, ready to defend herself if need be. But she waits to see what the guards' response to Decius's offer is, before making any attack herself.

Return to “Episode 3”