IC

The player characters are agents of a secret conspiracy within the U.S. government known as Delta Green. The Group (as it is known) has pulled some strings within the agents' day jobs to get them sent to Afghanistan, and now they have a mission. DG's insistence on operational security means that the agents know next to nothing about what they're doing other than: Collect intelligence, and, if a supernatural threat exists, end it.

Kali Ghati is © 2015 by Shane Ivey.

Moderator: Cotton

Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Re: IC

Post by Cotton »

Rahimi shakes his head no. Another long wail comes from further into the village and once again slowly dwindles.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we're going to have to head for the sound," says Craig with reluctance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"The place looks quiet enough," Tyner says. "Let's check it out. Watch out for traps."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Heading for the source of the wail you walk to the edge of what must be the village center. It is obviously a gathering center with an area for bonfires in the middle. Close to you lies a long haired, severely emaciated figure, the source of the wailing. It is not immediately obvious if this person is a man or woman. They lie on their back limbs jittering and eyes wide. There are more villagers in this area. Some watch the wailing person disinterestedly, two men talk animatedly, and a group of children chase a goat. You don't think that any of them have seen you yet.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Tyner is torn between his desire to offer medical care and the need for caution. These people don't look particularly dangerous, so he opts for the former.

"Can you tell what those men are talking about?" he asks Craig. "I'm going to go check out that person on the ground, since if I can be of some help. If there's any trouble, maybe you and Rahimi can assure them I'm a healer. Price, maybe you better hang back for now."

He approaches the figure slowly, hands in plain sight, trying not to look threatening.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's like seeing a concentration camp survivor," whispers Craig. "The villagers don't even care. I think we should give him or her some water from a canteen." He follows behind Tyner some distance, listening to the locals' speech.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Craig hears the two men and realizes that they are speaking about the moaning figure who they refer to as Bijan (a male name). One of them is saying that this it is common for him to have these fits while the other argues that this is different from the normal seizures. He is right in the middle of pointing out how the last time Bijan was like this was right before the foreigner showed up when the villagers notice the three of you (Price and Alex are staying hidden for now). The villagers all pause whatever they are doing and watch you approach.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig translates for the others what he has heard. "I'd better greet them," he says to Tyner. "How do you want to play this?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"For right now, tell them we're here with medical help," Tyner says. "That's true enough for now, anyway."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig smiles and greets the villagers in Dari. "We are here with medical help," he says in the same language.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The villagers start to talk among themselves. Craig overhears the words "Badaa Bahan" (Elder Sister) and "shuria" (tribal meeting). After a minute one of the two men who had been talking about Bijan steps forward and says, "This happens to Bijan regularly, but if you can help him get some rest feel free to. I am Dalir, may I ask who you are?" A couple of the other villagers detach from the main group and head further into the village.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Looks like Craig is doing OK with the villagers.

Tyner checks out the man on the ground to see what can be done to help him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you,Dalir," says Craig. "I am Craig Reynolds, and this man is Dr. Tyner. We are seeking the other foreigner who visited your village."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Tyner
You give the spasming man a small dose of a sedative to help calm him.

Dalir says, "I see. Badaa Bahan will want to meet you, and she can tell you about the foreigners. She is very old so we will have to go to her. Come, this way." With that Dalir and the rest of the villagers start to head further into the village.
OOC:   Do you follow after the villagers, and what do you tell Price and Alex to do?  
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

After seeing to the sick man's comfort as best as he can, Tyner takes Craig aside. "I don't think we should split up, but if you want to ask Price or Alex to stand guard back here, I'll go along with what you decide. There's no immediate danger so far, but I'd rather be part of a group if something comes up."
Last edited by Victoria Silverwolf on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig translates to the others. "We should go see the old woman," says Craig, "but not all of us need to go. That invitation may only have been for the two of us anyway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"OK, we'll play it your way. Lead on, MacDuff."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Craig nods and follows Dalir to meet Badaa Bahan. "The others can keep an eye on things from a distance," he says. "We can keep in touch with our radios. If you think they should show themselves and come with us, though, I won't mind."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

OOC:   Ok so Alex and Price are going to remain hidden, but Rahimi is coming with you two since he had come out with you to help Bijan.  
Dalir and the group of villagers lead you past more of the village's ramshackle houses. Most of them are talking excitedly about the forthcoming meeting, and the children are watching you but keeping their distance. Occasionally one will dare another to get closer. Tyner notices more of the strange fungus growing on whatever sparse vegetation is around and sometimes clinging to the walls of the huts. After a few minutes you come to a squat, but more elaborately constructed building that can only be a temple. Dalir and most of the other villagers head inside, although a few (including all of the children) wait outside. Once the three of you enter, you see a very old, golden statue of a dragon with rubies for eyes. Craig, with his extensive knowledge of this region's history, knows this to be a statue of the sun god Zun, and both he and Tyner remember that Zun was mentioned in the notes recovered from Ellis's laptop. You also see an assortment of cushions have been laid out in a circle on the floor with three left open for you. One of the cushions is occupied by a wizened, old woman. Speaking in that same old dialect she says: "Greetings, I am Badaa Bahan. Dalir tells me that you have come to my home seeking a missing friend of yours. I assure you that he is unharmed, and came to us of his own free will. Since it is so rare we receive visitors, however, I thought it was best we hold this meeting."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

When Tyner hears the old woman's translated words, he hopes there's a way they can get out of this mess without bloodshed. "Ask her if we can talk to our friend," he whispers to Craig. He makes sure to nod respectfully to the woman when she speaks. Obviously she's a force to reckon with.

Return to “Delta Green: Khali Gati”