Loopers....about my childhood - that never were

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Loopers....about my childhood - that never were

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Tales From The Loop RPG has been released and purchased. Now, reading lies ahead. Game start at June 4th. Welcome!

Forum Link: viewforum.php?f=398

With the upcoming release of The Loop RPG (pen and paper) I'm running a homebrew RP on here. I'll be mixing the 80's that never were from the mind of Simon Stålenhag and the vibe from the 80's text-adventure The Lurking Horror.
'The Loopers'

In Loopers, you will take the roles as teenagers of the 80's with a sinister twist. Gateways between time and space may occur. Dinosaurs may walk to 7-11 and your walkman might be bleeding.

Get that hockey-stick or the hatchet from your backyard and go out adventuring!

Only your imagination sets the boundaries.

Rules-wise, I'm considering dice-less exploration as mechanics. How do you juggle the maths exam and explaining to mum where you'd been all Friday night?

I'll be setting up the background for this and see who's interested in venturing down the manhole to the tunnels of Riksenergi.

I would need to know if you're good at any sports or a more intellectual person.

What your interests are and what you like to do with your friends.

Plus, you'd be playing as a 9 year old up to a 13 year old.

Let's visit the future that never were.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: ....about my childhood - that never were

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to play this. I have fond memories of both the 80s and The Lurking Horror.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Great! Focus will be on the 80's.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

First, I need your in-game age and your interests, favourite subjects and friends. (A short promo is posted in the modern era forums.)
See you there!
TVblog

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Hi, I'd be interested in playing.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Wruter, you are most welcome! What's on your mix-tape of -83?
Join in the game thread. Age and interests.
See you at the football-field after school!
TVblog

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Thanks. I was born in 1983 so I may have some catching up to do.

I hope I haven't included too much information in my character background, I can always edit it if so. And apologies for the gigantic photo but I don't know how to make it smaller, I just pasted the link address from an image online.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

All is well. I searched for a non-photo protected version in smaller size. Not that good resolution. But it works. Love the detail of the background. We need that to make the characters alive. Good to have some shared knowledge about each others' alter egos. Born in -83. That makes you at least remembering the last couple of years of the 80's. Not that different from the first ones. MTV was king.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Did I tell you we're running this on three sites?
One PC is on a private forum (Rhona).
And the entire story is 'broadcasted' on Gophersminions to see if anyone over there wants to join.

Thought I should mention that. :twisted:
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

So, atm we have three PCs and one Keeper. A large enough group to make the game fun. Albeit, a few more spots are available.
TVblog

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Very tempting! I love "period pieces", and I've enjoyed Stranger Things...
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The Original RP states that the feel shoud come from E.T. and Stranger Things. Where we'll actually land - time will tell.
Put on your Stan Smith shoes and ponder about traveling back to the time that never were.

Most likely your parents are working for RIKSENERGI or at the DOMUS supermarket.

TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

UPDATE

I've now purchased the rules for Loopers, along with scenarios which will be a huge plus in keeping the game rolling.
I'm preparing the game for launch at June 4th.

Interested parties please PM me about joining the kids in the search down the tunnels of Riksenergi.

Forum Link: viewforum.php?f=398
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Loopers....about my childhood - that never were

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I like your post, Emelie, or rather Peter!
Got my hands on the core rule book for Tales from the Loop, a year ago. So, I could get this game going on. That is, if someone wants to play with me.
I now realize I tried this earlier and work got in the way,
It might go better this time around.
92564158_max.jpg
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Dave!

Unfortunately, "EmileCrorm" was a spammer, so I had to delete it. It had several indicators of a spammer that so many of them have, and when I rechecked spam, it came up on a spammer list. Usually new posters that come out of nowhere and reply to a post that's years old are not genuine.

I'd be up for playing Tales form the Loop again. Also, your Zombie Apocalypse characters are still waiting for you if you want to get back into the game. They're all alive and (mostly) sane. You'd just have to catch up on what you missed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That sounds great! I´ll have a look in the threads. Dang, that spammer had an actual sane reply to the topic in this thread. Well, well. See you around more frequently, H.
TVblog

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”