[IC - LOS ANGELES] Back at the hotel

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LOS ANGELES] Back at the hotel

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We also spoke to Yolanda Spenzel," says Holly. "Richard Spend's sister, but I'm afraid I alienated her when I mentioned the word 'cult' in reference to Echavarria's group. She got very offended that she thought I was accusing her late brother of devil worship. We also spoke to an occultist who knew of Echavarria. It seems he had quite a reputation."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I see. I don't think it's worth investigating Spend any further now. We've probably reached the limit of what we can learn about him. Did this occultist mention any rumours about drugs in reference to Echavarria?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,Since you heard the word 'Nectar', you have felt a strange itching all over your body. You are feeling hot, and while you're listening to the others talking, their words seem to be coming from far, far away. You close your eyes, and can see flashes of light cutting the darkness vertically, almost... almost like mouths biting. You try to drink some water, but your hands are shaking badly now. [ooc]Make a Stability roll.[/ooc]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

OOC:   Oh boy. There you go.
Stability test = 4
http://orokos.com/roll/457466  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You are still discussing the discoveries of the day when you hear the sound of broken glass, a glass fallen to the floor. You realize now that Ian has been uncharacteristically silent since the moment you started discussing about the investigation, and is now visibly sweating and breathing heavily. The glass has clearly fallen from his hands, that are shaking out of control. He starts scratching his arms, and neck, and shoulders.
Ian,The itching gets unbearable, and you starts scratching your body, but find little comfort in that. You focus more on the sensation... it's not properly itching... it feels more like hundreds of small mouths biting you. You are also having short visions, but it's all hazed and confused, you can't really make sense of them... you see a hand holding a vial of white liquid... your hand? Then you see a man, a white man, tall and well-dressed, with black hair and dark eyes, clean-shaven, oozing charisma, talking to you... then a flash, and you see that same man, naked, hurting himself with a dagger, cutting a thin line over his arm... and then you are running in the darkness, rain pouring on your burning skin, your teeth clenched so violently you are sure they are about to break. When the visions end, you're left tired, empty. The itching has subsided slightly, too. [ooc]You lose 4 points of Stability.[/ooc]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence, who was sitting close to Ian leaps to his feet and heads over to his friends side.

"Ian, whatever is the matter with you man?" You grab at his hands trying to prevent him scratching at himself. Clarence looks round at the rest of the group "What could have brought this on do you think?" he whispers between clenched teeth.
Last edited by Cearlan on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord,[ooc]Questions: Am I responsive in any way, or I'm deeply delusional? Do I notice that what triggered this was to hear about Nectar?[/ooc]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,[ooc]I have edited your post to add a spoiler button. I have no trouble with players reading, but for those who prefer to keep the surprise, or strictly speaking know only what their investigator would know, it's better this way. Now, you started feeling bad when Holly was speaking earlier, so you're not 100% sure, but it's most likely the world Nectar that triggered the crisis, or maybe one of the names she mentioned, but it seems less likely. After the visions fades, you are not delusional anymore, just exhausted.[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly gets up and goes over to Ian, looking at him with concern. "Try to relax, Mr. Morin," she says as she examines him in an effort to determine what has gone wrong.
OOC,Can I use Psychoanalysis?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Mr.Handy,You have the impression that he's allucinating. You can spend one point to try and understand if those are actual hallucinations or, most likely, he's re-living a past trauma. If you decide to make the spend, you still have to pass a Psychoanalysis test (Difficulty 3) to actually succeed in helping him (the point spent do not modify this roll, but you can as usual spend additional points to improve your chances of success). Later, with some time to work, you can as usual spend points to help him recover lost Stability. You must succeed a Psychoanalysis test with Difficulty 3. If you do, you can restore his Stability - 1 restored point for each Psychoanalysis point you spend.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Dr. Chastain? Clarence? Y-yes... I'm feeling better now... Just really tired. I don't know what happened. While you were talking I started feeling strange... having these visions... and the itching. I couldn't scratch it... like if I was being bitten by hundreds of little mouths. S-sorry, can I have some water?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence gets a glass of water and hands it to Ian, a look of concern on his face
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Perhaps we should get you up to your room, Ian.You should get off your feet.”

The reference to being bitten by hundreds of little mouths hasn’t escaped him. He is concerned for Ian, but realizes that they need to discuss this a lot more.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Everybody in the dining room is looking at you. It's no more than a dozen people, but still - half the guests and all the staff of the hotel will be talking about you by tomorrow. Obviously, a scene like that is bound to draw attention.

A waiter is running towards you, with a concerned look on his face: "Is everything alright? Can I help you in any way?'
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron steps in front of the waiter to head him off. He wants to limit any potential scene which might occur.

“It’s quite alright. One of our party is a little out of sorts, tired from our long journey. We’ll take him up to his room. Please see that the meal is added to our room bills.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're going to be just fine," Holly assures Ian. "Come on, let's get you upstairs. We can talk there. I can help you."
OOC,1 Psychoanalysis point spent. Psychonalysis roll (2 additional points spent): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,Holly can help you with her Psychoanalysis, only if you want to cooperate and talk to her about your visions. If you prefer to keep them for yourself, she won't be able to use her ability.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

He takes a few sips from the glass of water as he looks around the dining room. The concerned looks make him feel ashamed. "Y-yes, you're... you're right. I'm sorry. Thank you." He says, slowly standing up.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You leave the dining room under the silent stare of the other guests and head back to one of the rooms. Ian sits on one bed, drained of all energies, while Cameron puts up the "Do not disturb" sign and locks the door behind his back.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Feel free to discuss. If Ian decides to talk about what happened to him, Holly can help him with Psychoanalysis.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron is dying to know what happened, but he can see that Ian should not be pushed.

"Ian, if you feel up to it, please tell us about what happened to you downstairs. But if you want to rest, we can wait till later".

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”