[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sure we can scrape something together if we pool our funds," says Holly. "I'm not poor, but I'm not exactly rich, either. How much do you need? I think we can find a place where we can lay low."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by leonardolad »

Ian

"You think it would be a problem if we just stay at the hotel? I think it's unlikely that we get attacked again. Even more if we stay inside." He says. "About the funds, we do have some money Ms. Winston-Rogers gave us."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You gather the money given to you before your departure from Boston by Foster, Mrs. Winston-Rogers's trusted man. All in all, you can easily gather a couple of hundred dollars, that is more than needed. Cameron gets to work in the streets, while the rest of group stays holed up in the hotel. It's not hard for an ex-criminal like him to locate the right people to talk to, and the informations gathered are quite interested. It turns out that Joy Grove had a couple of nurses and orderlies arrested for stealing at the hospital. "The place is not exactly a racket", you hear from a pusher after a couple of beers, "but some of the staff is crooked, for sure".
The group of asian thugs is not unknown on the streets, either. It seems there was some kind of agreement between the local crime lords and these foreigners, to allow them to operate in the city. When you inquire further on the meaning of the word "operate", things become more vague. They haven't been directly involved in any drug trafficking, nor any other criminal activity, but were present in the city for at least the last couple of years.

Gathering these informations require a couple of days to Cameron. On the third day, you meet with Clarence as he gets discharged from the hospital.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence arrives at the hotel. Still a bit sore and aching from his wounds. He lets the others know that he is in the bar, and orders a stiff drink.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher is pleased to see Clarence out of hospital and on the mend, all in all they've been lucky that nothing more serious had happened when the Asian thugs attacked them. He's happy to buy Clarence a stiff drink and salute his heroism.

"Do we stick to our plan to head back to Boston, 're-supply' and see if we can find someone to look at the letters that Henslowe sent to Winston or do we stick around here and track down those men that attacked us?" he asks once they're all caught up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If these fellows are local," says Holly, "they might not follow us, but there will be sure to be others like them in L.A. It might be advantageous to find them anyway, though. If they can be made to talk, we might find out more about who is behind them and why they're trying to stop our investigation."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Cristopher Fontana

Christopher nods "Is there any advantage in us continuing to track down the attackers? We could work out a way to 'turn the table's' on anyone sent to interfere with us while we're in L.A., I, for one think we should move forward. Otherwise we could end up in Savannah for some time and lose any momentum in our investigation."
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

Cameron hesitates at how to phrase his thoughts...
"I don't know how well equipped this team is to 'hunt' the thugs down. And if they are operating under the protection, or at least acceptance, of local crime bosses I think we run even greater risk of stepping on toes. My two cents is we just continue the investigation, possibly in less expected directions first, and try to lay low. Then we keep a list of people we contact and if we get hit again we go lean on those people to see if they know anything."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think confronting them directly would be a good idea," says Holly. "Even if we did defeat them, we'd get in trouble with the police, not just local criminals. We could tip off the police if we discover their location, though. But you're right, that would take time. The mystery has kept for thirteen years already, so the trail is unlikely to grow colder, especially with people actively trying to cover it up. If we head back to Boston, they may just think we've given up. But we need to be better prepared from here on out, and that means armed. Next time we get hit, the people doing it probably won't pull any punches. We've already been warned."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

"Thanks Christopher!", said Clarence and started to nurse the drink, the warmth trickling down his throat. He thought about their situation. "Those thugs are well armed, are well informed and can make that strange sound. Guns we could buy, but not that sound they can make. Chasing after those thugs will only slow us down and put us in greater danger. By all means, lets arm ourselves, but move on with deciphering the clues."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

After discussing for a while, you agree that getting back to Boston to reorganize is the best course of action. The following morning you head to the airport and leave Savannah, thankfully without any further incident. Later that day, you arrive in Boston.
OOC:   OK, I'd like to move on quickly to Los Angeles. Perhaps we'll just play a short scene with Janet, and handle the rest as OOC. Just tell me what kind of preparations you want to make, and anything you want to investigate in Boston.

- All your investigative and general abilities pool are refreshed.
- To refresh your Stability, you must spend some time with a Source of Stability. Describe a little scene of ordinary life with a Source of Stability of your choice. Use it to flash out your character and the Source of Stability him/herself. Anything will work fine, from going shopping to watching a football game, from going to the theatre to discussing the case you're working on. Send the scene as a private message to me once it's done ;)
Mr.Handy,Use this nightmare as lead-in to the scene. You have it the night before meeting your Source of Stability. You're trudging through the Georgia swamp behind [your source of stability] when the ground opens up beneath [him or her], the water rushing into a hole in the ground, lined with yellow, human teeth - dozens and dozens of teeth. For a moment, your friend is falling feetfirst into the hole, but then the mouth snaps shut, chewing [him or her] in half in three terrible bites. [He or she] screams, blood spraying from [his or her] mouth. The swamp-water-filled mouth gurgles out a scream. You snap out of sleep with a start, all but screaming yourself.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I had wanted to have a group therapy session to use my Psychoanalysis skill to restore people's Stability, which we could do either while laying low or on the return flight to Boston. I'm not sure how much Stability each of us has lost, but I may have enough Psychoanalysis to cover most if not all of that. Also, did we refresh our Health as well? I have very little time during the week, so I may need to wait until the weekend to write up the scene. I'm still weeks overdue to create two characters for new games that I wasn't able to get around to due to being on vacation and catching up on things after getting back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Sure, no need to hurry.

Also, each of your investigators (excluding Cameron) gain 1 investigative ability and 2 general ability build point.

You all refresh your lost health points.

You also get to conpletely refresh your Stability by spending time with your Sources of Stability, so no need for Psychoanalysis - for the moment. You'll have plenty of chances when things get serious :twisted:  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll put my investigative point into Art, and I'll put my two general points into Firearms. If I'm going to get one, I should learn how to use it. Also, one thing we wanted to do in Boston is find someone to crack the code in the letters. We don't know yet that [b]Cameron[/b] has a point of Cryptography, but it will probably come up when we discuss the letters, in which case he could have a look at them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Overlord87 wrote:

Also, each of your investigators (excluding Cameron) gain 1 investigative ability and 2 general ability build point.

You also get to conpletely refresh your Stability by spending time with your Sources of Stability, so no need for Psychoanalysis - for the moment. You'll have plenty of chances when things get serious :twisted:  
Can these be in 'new' skills?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

carnage_lee wrote:
Overlord87 wrote:

Can these be in 'new' skills?
OOC:   Yes.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm still busy, so I'll need some more time before I write my scene.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   CanI please take:

Interrogation 1
First Aid 2

for Christopher?

===
In Boston

Christopher will spend more time researching the 'Death Cults' book and set his secretary into the 'files' to get any 'phenomenon' information regarding LA at the time of the events at the farm and since then.

He'll pack his regular 'paranormal investigation kit*' including photographic equipment plus a pistol and ammo - a FN Browning High Power 9mm semi-automatic (if possible) and clothes.

*Torch/Flashlight + spare batteries, note pads, pencils, pen-knife (swiss army style), talcum powder, chalk, artists charcoal, a small 'grater' the type you get in a puncture repair kit, measuring tape, a variety of stoppered vials and 'test-tubes', small selection of brushes, thermometers, spools of thread and cotton, extendible probe (like a car aerial), a mirror that can be attached (threaded) onto the probe.

I'm kind of thinking here that the full kit comes in two suitcases or a small trunk with a small valise/brief-case that contains a 'light' investigation kit.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”