Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chat

Post by Mr. Handy »

We're almost certainly doomed, but we still have a smidgen of a chance. If Agnes and I each can seal one red Gate, we can survive the Mythos phase if we're lucky. This means nobody goes to London, so our only chance is if the next Mythos card is green (50% chance, as two cards remain and one of them is green). Then the Clue spawns, and there will be no Reckoning to destroy it. In Turn 14, we'll need to make sure we get that Clue to solve the third Mystery. When the final (yellow) Mythos card comes up, the Omen will advance to blue, which is safe as long as no blue Gate opens (and a green card won't spawn a Gate; the monster surge will happen on the only remaining red Gate, matching the Omen). Then we'll have one last turn to confront the Black Pharaoh and get two Clues on the final Mystery to win the game.

If Agnes goes to Space 10 with her free move, she can then use the Shining Trapezohedron to get the Fire Vampire out of the way before moving on to Rome. Then I'll Travel to the Sahara Desert, using my free move to go to Alexandria first. With my other Action I can go shopping in Alexandria. That Book of Spells may prove useful. Alternatively, I can get a second Focus or Rest and try to use the Canopic Jar. Or, if I go before Agnes, I can Trade with her.

I probably shouldn't be Lead Investigator. Depending on where the Clue pops up (if it does), I may be the only one who can reach it in one turn (with the Livre d'Ivon).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

Don't forget Chartered Flight which is on the assets board, if someone needs to move somewhere.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Who is the new Investigator?

Agnes can go for the Red Gate at Rome.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'm out of the game. A defeated investigator after Nephren-Ka awakes means player elimination; so it's Agnes, Charlie and Finn. Agnes as Lead Investigator? Yes, Agnes to Rome via space 10; use Trapezohedron on space 10 to kill or draw Fire Vampire away from Rome.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Oh. Ok! ;)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle