[IC-BOSTON] Background Check (Clarence)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC-BOSTON] Background Check (Clarence)

Post by Overlord87 »

Thomas Foster receives you no more than an hour after his call. "Good morning, Mr. Lanalor. Mrs. Winston Rogers told me to help you in any way possible. I've gathered the material you requested on the phone". He shows you a series of documents, receipts and certificates, orderly placed on a table. "Take your time. I'll be waiting outside", he adds, then leaves you alone.

You get to work. You spend the next couple of hours inspecting the material, but you found nothing. Nothing of real interest, at least. Mr. Winston did not travel outside the States after 1924. He almost never moved from the Boston area, except for a couple of trips to Chicago which were labeled as "business trips". He paid his taxes on time (and you understand that he was very, very rich). He seemed to like opera very much, never missing a single event in Boston. Apart from that, there is really not much. Noticeably, there is no documentation prior to 1924.

Spoiler:
OOC:   It is about midday. You have time to perform additional inquiries, if you want. Let me know here. Foster is also available for questions or anything else.  
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Re: [IC-BOSTON] Background Check (Clarence)

Post by laitang »

Clarence says to Foster, "Thank you for all this information Mr Foster. Tell me, whatever happened to the documents before 1924, and do you have any more information about these business trips to Chicago?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Foster shakes his head slowly: "I'm afraid I can't help you regarding the period before the year 1924. I've been in service of the family only since 1933, you see. By then, all the personal documents that pre-dated the summer of 1924 had been... I'm not sure which is the correct verb here. Hidden, perhaps. Or destroyed. Or simply got lost. When I inquired about them, Mr. Winston told me to let it go. I insisted, but...", he has a troubled expression on his face now. "Anyway, I could not get any information from Mr. Winston about them. I feared he might be hiding some kind of financial fraud. In that case, I wanted to know. I checked any document I could find from the family companies, even called some friends at the Department of Treasury to perform an off-the-record investigation, but there was nothing wrong. All the taxes paid, everything in order. So I investigated no further".

"Regarding the trips to Chicago, on those I can help. Mr. Winston bought two hospitals located in Chicago, in 1935. I accompanied him during one of the two trips. It was simply a business matter".
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence looked thoughtfully into the pile of papers in front of him, " Thank you. One last question regarding Mr Winston's deceased secretary Terence White. Do you have any contact details for his family?"
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC - Clarence will proceed to visit Douglas Henslowe next.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Clarence receives the contacts he asked for: two living sons, both in Boston. Then he prepares for the trip to Savannah next morning, to search for Douglas Henslowe.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”