IC-Ep 2-Next Steps(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-Next Steps(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
12:00 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

A waitress finally came out from the kitchen with a tray containing the food that everyone had ordered and approached the table. She distributed the lunches and then took the empty tray back to the kitchen, giving the visitors a modicum of privacy to continue their discussion and figure out what to do next as they ate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Next Steps(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by Mskatonic »

"We'll, perhaps, through marriage. It's hard to say for sure. And if so, it doesn't sound as if the family is particularly well liked by the other members of town" Valerie replies. "I am quite interested in learning more about the history of the town, and think the museum might be a good place to visit." Valerie looks down at her fish and chips."well this looks decent, lets tuck in," she states, taking a taste of the chips. "I would also enjoy a stroll around the shoreline before night sets in,walks on the beach are so refreshing."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek hungrily tucked in. He hadn't realised he was this hungry.

"We would be honoured to join you on your seaside walk, no doubt!", he took a few bites of the fish and washed it down with water, "before night seems best, indeed, we wouldn't see much in the dark, I'm sure."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias eats quickly and tidily; dissecting his fish like a surgeon. "It is better to listen to things outside too." He says darkly. As soon as he has finished he goes up to the bar to pay for the two lunches. "Can I get a receipt?'" He asks the barman.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The fish and chips tasted all right, but the food was nothing to write home about.

"Of course, sir," said the barman with a smile. He entered the amount tendered on the cash register, provided the requisite amount of change, and handed a carbon copy of the itemized bill that the waitress had written to Tobias.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias takes the change and wanders back to the table where he waits for the others to finish eating.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek finishes as well and is about ready to leave.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Val finishes her lunch. "Not bad but nothing to write home about."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was around half past noon by the time everyone finished lunch. The foursome left the inn and headed across the intersection to the beach.

The beach stretched off in the distance to the left and the right. There was nobody else on this stretch of the shoreline. In the distance to the right, cliffs rose up. Well off to the left, there was a café on the beach. There was also a sign that said: "WARNING: Dangerous Undercurrents."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot HIdden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias had heard that fish was very good for the eyesight. He walks onto the beach with the others and is amazed at the improvement in his vision after the rather dubious fish and chips.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek takes a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air so much that he is totally
oblivious,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4033840/[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias Maddox,[b]Tobias[/b] spotted a square depression in the sand where something heavy had apparently once stood. A furrow was gouged in the sand leading from the impression to the sea. In the sand were footprints. One set looked normal, and led across the beach from one end to the other. Another set was a bit too large to be human, leading to and from the water's edge. The furrow seemed to have eliminated most traces of them, but he was just able to make them out. The tide had come in somewhat since they had arrived, but it still hadn't reached the spot. The tracks were vaguely foot-shaped, though they seemed to be clawed, as if they were left by an animal. This was belied by the fact that they were bipedal. Whatever had left them had walked upright.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias strolled across the sand and stopped at a place where it had been disturbed. He stood, looking at the ground for some time, before opening his notebook and writing some notes. He looked back at the others who were enjoying the sunshine and then looked out to the hazy horizon, lost in thought. Then he seemed to come to a decision. "Hey, come and see this!"

e points to the sand and a square depression in the sand where something heavy had apparently once stood. A furrow was gouged in the sand leading from the impression to the sea. In the sand were footprints. One set looked normal, and led across the beach from one end to the other. Another set was a bit too large to be human, leading to and from the water's edge. The furrow seemed to have eliminated most traces of them. The tide had come in somewhat and was slowly obliterating the marks but it still hadn't reached the spot. The tracks were vaguely foot-shaped, though they seemed to be clawed, as if they were left by an animal. This was belied by the fact that they were bipedal. Whatever had left them had walked upright.

"Odd heh?"
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie was too busy enjoying the ocean view to notice anything unusual. She came over to look at what Tobias was pointing out and her heart sank. "I didn't want to tell you this while we were in the restaurant, but I have some leads on Dr Val." She said to her companions. "I think she may have gone diving in the ocean after an artifact that is rumored to be in one of the sunken churches around here. Also there are some legends about strange creatures that live in the ocean.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is roused from his revery by hearing Dr Kirby's name and he looks at Val with keen interest, activated beyond his usual complacency.

"You've heard from Dr. Kirby? Where, how, when?! And diving? What would she be looking for?"
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"We'll, it's an interesting story. Elliot and I were visiting a local author by the name of Virgil Soames, to keep with our cover. As an aside, it's quite possible that my late husband was related to the Soames of Dunwich. Small world, eh? Anyway, he was telling us and some other visitors about a legend of a gem called..hmmm what was it...oh yes, The Eye of the Hydra. Supposedly has all sorts of powers, or so the legend goes, and is in one of the sunken churches off the coast. Young Val happened to visit this author and after hearing the legend said she was going to go diving for it the next day. Which would have been yesterday. Well, that is what the author told me. He's an odd sort though., Valerie paused, "I saw her name in the Inn's register, signed in two days ago it looks like."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias looks back out to sea. "Well she must have hired a local boat and equipment; somebody round here went out there with her, unless she dived from the shore. And strange creatures? What are we talking about here - mermen?" He scoffs. "What other visitors? Is there someone else interested in this 'eye' that the doctor was so keen on?"
ooc,Last post for a bit!
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie pauses to think about the question. "We'll there was a group of visitors that coincidentally showed up at the author's house as Elliot and I did. The man that came into the pub to buy some alcohol was one of them. They seemed more interesting in the possible sea creatures than the legend. It's hard to say though. Come to think of it, when I was driving them in town, they appeared distressed by something at the beach, I suppose it was out this way. I didn't see anything unusual though."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek frowns deeply.

"That can't be a coincidence, I'm sure. Maybe we should question them too, or at least see what they're up to."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie nodded. "I agree. The lot of them seemed a bit out of sorts. Quite pleasant however. And from out of town. They were asking Virgil about large strange fish in the sea, or something like that." Valerie looked at Leonek and Tobias. "To piece together what I have so far, Dr. Kirby checked into the Ship inn two days ago. Later that day she visited the author Virgil Soames who told her about the legend. She told him that she was going to go diving for it, and if she did she would have gone yesterday. There are some other out-of-towners here for their own reason, something that may or may not be connected to the disappearance of young Val."

Return to “Episode 2”