CH1-14 After the nights events... (All)

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC-CH1 After the nights events... (All)

Post by ghill »

OOC: House Prices,FYI the sales price on the house in question far exceeds the mortgage which could be raised on the basis of the declared income from the tattooists.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Everyone recieves an SMS from Clay on the disposable phones to say he's got everything he can and should they meet back at Jacob's?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's fine with me," Liz says to Jacob, "but it's your place, so it's up to you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob nods yes
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay turns up that evening with a black sports bag slung over his shoulder. He looks a bit the worse for lack of sleep, but he has a smile on his face.

"I think I got everyone what they wanted" he says. "But its all kind of leased, so if you don't like it tell me, but I can't promise to get you anything better or at all" he then plonks the sports bag onto Jacob's kitchen table and starts rooting around inside.

HClay pulls out a something wrapped in an old towel "For Greg a real American icon a colt .45" He pulls out a rather battered looking automatic pistol along with a magazine and a small tupperware box with bullets (Its a Colt M1911)

"For Liz." Clay then pulls what looks to be a pump action shotgun from the bag. The shotgun looks pretty new but its clearly been modified, someone has taken a saw to both the barrel and the stock shortening them quite drastically. In addition a hole has been drilled through what is left of the stock and a piece of cord has been looped through the hole. The gun is so short Liz could carry it concealed under a long jacket hands free. Clay also pulls out a shopping bag with an assortment of cartridges.

"...and finnally Jacob" Clay pulls out a tightly wrapped plastic and bubble wrap package to reveal a silencer, a pile of ammunition and a small compact pistol "Its a Baikal mate, 9mm, really popular piece for yer up and coming criminal"
Details:,I'll put these up later tonight.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Wicked," says Liz, fondling the little shotgun. "Now I'm a proper gangster."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

And I can say goodbye to my license.
Jacob replies as he stars at the silencer
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay drops into one of the kitchen chairs where he carefully unwraps another tightly wrapped plastic and bubble wrap package to reveal another Baikal. "I guess the next question is what are we going to do next"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We need to make our final preparations to rescue Elira," says Liz. "Perhaps if we could get ahold of floor plans for that house where they've got her, the place those chaps went from the tattoo shop. I could try my hand at some more hacking. We might also want to follow up on those properties in the Isle of Man, but that's a lengthy trip. None of that stuff would be online."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz: Plans,Typically [u]older[/u] house plans don't appear online in any official location. However, plans for all the house sold at auction are on the auction house's website and finding them is an hours worth of search engine work.
Plans,The house is [url=http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/12660628?featured=1&utm_content=featured_listing]here[/url] and the plans [url=http://content.zoopla.co.uk/710f18c8ddb09cbe9aeee0549d23976c56917b89.png]here[/url] The only difference is that much of the foliage in the front garden has been cut down and there is a driveway to the left of the house. NB In the UK a "semi detached" house or simply a Semi,is a house which shares one wall with another house.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz shows the floor plans she found to the others. "They were available to the public, no hacking required," she says. "It looks like there are a few ways in. I'd avoid the front door, as that's more likely to be guarded and more secure. The door to the dining room might be the best point of entry, as there prolly won't be anyone in there except at mealtimes. If we go in late at night, that's unlikely. Even someone wanting a midnight snack would just go to the kitchen. Elira's most likely kept in one of the bedrooms; my guess is the smallest one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg fools around with the .45 like a little boy playing with his father's hidden pistol. His eyes are wide and he's obviously never handled one before. "What does this button do?" he asks pushing a button on the handle which allowed the clip to fall clattering to the floor. "Oh.... that." He saw a switch on the side and moved it back and forth. "Does red or white mean the safety is on?" he asked jumping to an assumption of the purpose behind the switch. "I've seen this on TV before. You're supposed to pull back here..." he stated putting his hand on the top of the gun and pulling back, but it didn't go anywhere. "Crap... um..." he continued to flip the gun over in his hand to look at both sides while he scratched his head. "Being from America, you'd think I'd know how to use this thing, huh?"

When Liz brought out the plans, Greg was greatful for the change of subject. He picked up the clip from the ground and set it on the table with the .45 as he looked at the plans. "Smallest is in front, looking out to the street. My guess is she'd be in that back room by the bathroom. If I was keeping a hostage, I wouldn't want her to be able to signal passers-by."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Clay watches Greg fiddle with the .45 a look of concern passes across his face. "If you like there are a couple of places down by the coast where we could go fire a few shots and familiarise ourselves with the kit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds like a brilliant idea," says Liz. "I've never fired a gun in my life, much less held one. I could use the practice."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: A Spot of shooting,feel free to RP this if you want. Otherwise Clay takes anyone who want to go to a remote farm track in Rettendon, near Chelmsford, Essex. Here he suggests you all try to familiarise yourselves with the weapons he's got and fire a few shots to make sure you are happy. In game turns this means you know how to clear stoppages caused by a fumble. You are back before it is late
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc - down at the range,Having just purchased my own handgun and attending a couple classes on proper and safe use of such, I thought I'd use that knowledge for my RPing benefit in that last post from Greg. I know just how intimidating holding an automatic pistol for the first time can be. Even seeing them do things on TV doesn't really prepare you for the psychology of holding a real pistol or firing it off. So yes... Greg would wholly appreciate and encourage a little practice before getting down and dirty... but no, it's not necessary to RP if you ask me. I'm easy, though.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I wouldn't mind RPing it, but if others want to skip it, I'm fine with that too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Moving on,In the absence of any posts from Royya shall we move on.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob takes the firearm and the silencer and pocket it without saying nothing.
He joins the shooting practice and tries as best as he can.
OOC,Yep move on, I have nothing to add
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Everything is quiet in the car as Clay drives back to Jacob's house. Clay coughs "Um, Alright well you're all tooled up like a bunch of East End villains but what next?"

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”