Ch1-4 Home again, Home again - Liz only

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Ch1-4 Home again, Home again - Liz only

Post by ghill »

The Tube platform is busy with holiday makers, mostly backpackers and packagae holiday makers taking the cheapest form of transport back into London. An already busy tube train sits at the platform and Liz walks along it until she finds an empty seat which she flops into. Moments later the doors slide shut and the train pulls out of the station...

Liz is trapped, every door in the house is locked, every window barred, there's no way to climb onto the roof. The house is large and well furnished, but there is no way out for her. She runs from room to room, searching, but each door she pulls open only a featureless brick wall behind it. Eventually she come to the front door, and as she reachs for the handle, it unlocks, a bright light moves across the glass. As the heavy, iron-studded oak door opens towards her, a nameless dread flows through her veins...

Liz awakens drenched in sweat. A middle aged woman, leans over her with a concerned look on her face. "Are you alright? You were tossing and turning and you went really pale. I was worried you were having some kind of fit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC - Ch1 - Home again, Home again - Liz only

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz collects herself, trying to calm down and return her pulse to normal. "Ta," she says to the woman, forcing a smile. "I nodded off for a bit there and had a bit of a nightmare, but I think I'm okay now." I'll have to email Dr. Hammer to tell him about these symptoms, she thinks, and to see if he or any of the others have experienced them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz gets home without any further incident and is recieved by a slightly worried mother and father concerned there little girl was passing through Heathrow where they have heard there was a terrorist incident.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz hugs her parents. "I'm all right," she says. "What happened was there was this girl who managed to get herself aboard a plane somehow. The police detained a bunch of us who had seen the girl. I went to answer their questions and help with their investigation, but they were under the mistaken impression that I'd already been arrested. When I corrected them, they went and arrested me, saying it was just a formality. The girl had nicked my passport, and I didn't even know it was gone until they showed it to me. After that I asked for a solicitor, and he was able to get me released without charges right quick."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Liz recieves the five star treatment from both parents effectively being waited on hand and foot for the evening.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When she gets a chance to get online, Liz sends an email to Greg and copies Jacob and Clayton on it, describing what had happened to her on the train and asking if they experienced anything similar. She also updates her status and posts pictures from her trip to Paris and does some searching for information on incidents of missing time similar to her own, particularly those involving dehydration. She takes a break at dinnertime to eat with her parents. While she had gotten used to French food, it's good to have home cooking again after being away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

By the time her mother calls her for the evening meal Liz hasn't found any incidents of missing time similar to her own snd none which involve dehydration.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz washes her hands and eagerly comes to the table, already hungry. "Thanks, mum!" she says. "The food smells wonderful."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As she sits down to eat Liz's laptop pings, its Greg responding to her e-mail he has had an almost identical dream and wants to know wether the others have reported the same thing.
OOC:,Unless Liz has something else specific she wants to do before bed, I suggest moving onto meeting the others [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2721]at speakers corner[/url] as Jacob arranged.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before Liz goes to bed, she continues her Internet search.
OOC,Should I roll Library Use?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,No all Library Use rolls are hidden.
By the time Liz is ready for bed she still hasn't found any connections between missing time and dehydration, nor any stories which bear any real similarity to her own.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Returning home from her fruitless searches in Southwark, Liz grabs some food then heads to her bedroom to do some more online research after a while however she gives up in frustration and heads to bed, hopeful that refreshed she'll see a new angle.

...Liz wakes in a girl's bedroom, full of stuffed animals and toys, the light is off, it's nightime, but light streams in from outside. Pulling the window curtain aside, just a little bit, Liz sees an old man standing underneath a street lamp. He wears a long dark coat with a thick fur collar turned up, his hair is long and unkempt. Even from this distance Liz can tell he is looking up at her and his eyes are full of fire. He kneels and touches the ground, a bale fire burns on the street in front of him, rushing forward it splits apart, coming back together to form a sigil, a living, burning brand on the tarmac. The flickering light illuminates Liz's arm, the same one she pushed the curtain open with, the same sigil has been cut into her forearm.

Liz awakens to find the same symbol on her arm, it feels like sunburn but is quickly fading.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz hurriedly grabs her digital camera to snap a picture of the mark on her arm before it fades completely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Photgraphy roll please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Invisible Castle has been down for hours now. I'll have to wait until Monday night before I can check again and see if I can make the roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz takes a picture of the symbol on her arm, but it doesn't come out as well as she'd hoped.
OOC,Invisible Castle is still down, so I used another dice roller. I got a 61, and my skill is 40.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Out of focus and a bit blurry it is still better than the two sketches Greg and Clay both send to her phone a little while later. Greg's accompanying text describes a dream identical in every facet to her own.
OOC: SAN LOSS,0/D2 for realising you had a shared dream
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Though she is a little freaked out and at a loss to explain what has happened, Liz manages to keep her cool. She has always embraced the weird, and she is more intrigued than disturbed. She boots up her computer and uploads the picture she has just taken from her camera via her USB connector. Then she attaches it to an email that she sends to Greg, Jacob, and Clay: "I had the same exact dream Greg did and woke up with this symbol on my arm. It started to fade quickly, but I was able to snap this piccy. It's a bit rubbish, but there wasn't enough time to get a proper shot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz is at Claire's flat warming party; there are people around laughing at some joke. Liz starts to feel hot, sweat breaks out all over her body. The woman in front of her steps back looking surprised, heat pours from Liz's body, and as she collapses to the floor, her body is illuminated from within, her chest and stomach begin to swell, veins and organs become visible as though illuminated by some intense light from within. her stomach swells as if pregnant, and she can see something, alight and inhuman silhouetted against the stretched skin of her abdomen.

Liz awakens to the incessant chatter of her clock radion

"A house fire claimed the lives of two Albanian Immigrants in a North London suburb today, the fire service responded to a midnight emergency call but arrived too late to save Edward and Rose Tolka, second generation Albanian Immigrants. Police are currently investigating the whereabouts of the young girl who was only recently placed in their care by social services as a result of events at Heathrow earlier this week"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, no," mutters Liz, checking the time on the clock. The first thing she does is boot up her laptop and go online. She sends an email describing her nightmare to Greg, Jacob, and Clayton, and also tells them what she knows about the fire in North London, looking up news stories about the fire for more information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”