CH1-1 Heathrow Departures - Dr. Greg Hammer, MD only

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-1 Heathrow Departures - Dr. Greg Hammer, MD only

Post by ghill »

A placeholder for when we are all ready.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC - CH1 - Heathrow Departures - Dr. Greg Hammer, MD only

Post by ghill »

April 8 - 08:30

As he stands in the que waiting to hand over his passport and ticket, Greg wonders where all the time went. Yesterday, the taxi firm had said the journey from his hotel to Heathrow would take no more than half an hour, instead they'd spent over an hour sitting in traffic on the freeway most of it frustratingly in sight of the airport itself. The business class checkin desk had been unattended when he'd finally got to it and there had been a que of already frustrated business travellers. Now as Greg finally turns away from the check in desk Ticket and boarding card in hand, he briefly wonders wether he should have bothered tagging on this short European vacation to this trip, or simply gone back home to Boston. Joining the que for the secuirty check in he realises it doesn't really matter wether he goes to Boston or to Rome he'd still have to stand in the same ques.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg tries to start some small talk with airport employees to see if he can find out the cause of all the delay. Perhaps The Rolling Stones had landed and were demanding of extra attention.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Heathrow Departures - passport check - 0845

The man checking Gregs passport and Boarding pass looks somewhat taken aback that Greg is talking to him and seems to react as though Greg is accusing him of causing the delay.

"Its not my fault mate, Its just security we have to do it since 911, make sure the terrorists cant get on the planes. Now move along please sir. If you have a complaint you should write to BAA."

The man hands Greg his papers back and gestures to the man behind him to step forward. Greg shuffles forwards a few steps and joins the que for the security checks. Looking at the que and the departure board Greg starts to worry that he wont catch his flight at this rate.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg looks around for the first time at the other passengers to take an assessment at how many of them seem to have worry and concern - as if they might miss their flight as well. He's sure he's not the only one. (ooc: psychology check maybe?)

He occasionally glances around looking for one of those screens that shows the flight number and arrival / departure time to see if his flight might be listed as delayed, and takes another glance at his watch. He checks his boarding papers to see what terminal he needs to head to once he's out of security so that he can properly beat feet the appropriate direction.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Just looking around from his place in the line, Greg can see most people are simply resigned to what is going on, several people are checking the time but its not clear wether they are worried about their flights or simply clock watching.
OOC,If Greg wants to make a psychology roll he's going to have to step out of line and get himself a better vantage point, as he can really only really make an assesment of the nearest half a dozen people (Easy Psychology - doesn't require a roll) and none of them show the sort of stress symptoms he'd expect.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

If Greg gets close enough to the Airport Security personnel, he will advise one of them, "We are running very close to the time of my flight's departure. I hate to be a pain, but is there any way I can be moved to the front so I don't miss my plane?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

A persuade roll please.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Persuade - failure,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147687/]Persuade (55%) (1d100=95)[/url] - at least I'm getting all the bad rolls out of the way early. :)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The security guard doesn't even bother to look at Glen.

"No exceptions sir, we're doing this for your safety and working as fast as we can. but BAA lays out clear instructions as to how much time you should allow to process through tickets and security"

The mutters and hard stares from others in the line make Greg wonder how a second attempt to move to the front of the line would be recieved.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"BAA doesn't take into account the hour traffic delay getting here," Greg says lifting a finger in rebuttal. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, then looks back at his watch. He had planned on getting some food before boarding - airline food service just wasn't what it used to be. Now it looks like he wouldn't even be able to score a coffee on the way. He asks the guy next to him, "What time do you have?" in order to compare his watch with another, in the hopes that his was a bit fast.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

April 08 - 0845

The young man behind Greg looks at his watch "Ummm, quarter to" looking at the que around them "its a pain isn't it"

Just over his shoulder Greg catches sight of some kind of commotion an argument seems to be taking place at passport control; closer still and a young well dressed young girl, passport gripped in her hand is pushing her way up along the line. Gregs notes her passage by the consternation of many of those who have been waiting patiently while the line shuffles forward. A few feet away from him the girl shrugs off the hand of a plump middle aged business man, before ducking under the barrier right beside Greg. Ignoring the complaints around her the girl brushes the long dark hair away from her face and looks Greg squarly in the eyes. "You take me, yes..."
OOC:,Contested POW roll please.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3149188/]Contested POW roll (My POW = 17) (1d100=39)[/url] I'm sorry, I don't know if this is a success or a failure, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Spoiler:,its like she is piercing him with with her eyes, Clayton's head swims as he feels himself falling into those dark pits, crawling with flame, they bore straight into him...The pain is horrific his eyes are surely melting with the heat, like something is trying to climb into his head and set him alight, its probably only a moment but it seems like hours as he slips slowly into darkness, but in the moment he realises the girl is alone and afraid, very, very afraid.
It is the hammering on the cubicle door which brings Greg around. He is disorientated when he realises he is no longer in the line for the security check, but is infact seated in a toilet cubicle somewhere. The loud hammering on the door of the cubicle resumes this time accompanied by a loud voice. "Sir, sir if you can hear me I need you to come out with your hands above your head and your palms outwards so we can see them. If your unable to do that you need to tell us now so we can come in and get you."
And...,A SAN check please
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

San check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3149585/]Sanity(85%) (1d100=28)[/url]
Contested POW,I take it I wanted to roll high then. So my POW was on the left side of the chart and hers was on the top. M'kay... wasn't sure what was going on, really.
Greg shook his head, took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes with his finger and thumb, then it dawned on him it wasn't some kind of bizarre dream. How had he managed to make his way to the bathroom? He checked his watch, "My flight... I'm missing my flight..." He stood up and opened the bathroom stall door. It didn't even dawn on him yet that there was probably security just outside ready to take him down. All he knew was he needed to catch his plane. He could try to hash this all out later.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Greg steps through the door someone shouts "grab him" and someone lunges at him from the left, trying it seems to slam him into the Cubicle door.
OOC:,I'm happy for you to try and make a dodge roll, although it would seem out of character to the way you've nicely played this scene out so far. if you don't Greg takes 1pt of damage from rough handling as he is restrained and put into cuffs. Who knows what'll happen if he dodges :twisted: With contested POW as with all BRP rolls you always want to roll as low as possible. With contested POW rolls every 5pts below 50 means you successfully resist a POW 1pt higher than your own, in this case the roll of 39 meant Greg would have successfully resisted an attacking POW of 19 - the little girl however, isn't as you might have guessed entirely normal.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Oh - so my POW was considered the 'active' and hers the 'defensive'? Yeah, I figured there was something special about her. I'm sure I'll get more of a chance to find out later - whether I want to or not.
Greg doesn't resist, he's taken quite by surprise. In the back of his mind, he registered the authoritative directions and just figured they must be talking to somebody else in some other stall. Now, it dawns on him just how deep the shit has gotten (no pun intended). "Oof!" he says as he's slammed into the cubicle door and cuffed. "Wait... what's the meaning of this? I've got a flight to catch. I've done nothing wrong!" As he is being man-handled and it becomes obvious that they have no intentions of letting him free, he says, "At the very least bring my carry-on bag. It has my passport in there." He looked around for his carry-on bag.
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Looking over his shoulder Greg can see carry-on bag thrown into the corner of the cubicle. One of the officers leans over and picks it up "OK, sir I've got it now lets go shall we." without waiting for a reply the police lead Greg off through the departure hall and into what looks to be the BA's Business lounge.

Once inside one of the officers leads Greg over to an empty seat and then gently helps him into the large comfy leather seat. "Alright sir, now if you sit here patiently and help us with our enquiries when we do finally get around to talking to you, then I can take the handcuffs off. The alternative is I arrest you under the Terrorism Act 2006 and throw you in a cell. Understand?" The officer looks at Greg key in hand waiting a response.
OOC:,Assuming Greg agrees the policeman removes the handcuffs and suggests Greg get himself a drink from the steward, as he may be here some time. Greg now goes to [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2661]Helping with Police enquiries.[/url]. If Greg doesn't agree then he'll be led off to the cells at Heathrows Main police station.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg nodded. "I'm no terrorist..." he's already given up on catching his flight. Other arrangements can be made so long as he isn't thrown in jail. "I'm a doctor. Look, I don't know what happened, but if someone has been hurt, perhaps I can help?"

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”