Chapter 3 : Lost boy : Torngasak

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Lost boy : Torngasak

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Torngasak gets closer and closer to the woodpile. His heart races but curiosity get the better of him. He is about to bend over and llook behind the woodpile when he finds himself face to face with a white arctic fox. The fox had moved quickly and now balanced nimbly atop the precariously stacked firewood so she could get a better look at Torngasak.

The white fox grins wickedly... or so it seems and licks Torngasak's forehead. His eyes burn red like blood.

Salutations Young Thule!
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Ignatius00 »

Torngasak stumbles back, surprised first by the fox's strange behavior, and finally by its speech. He responds, not knowing what else to do.

"Hello... sir..."

Slowly, he begins to piece together the events that had transpired.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Sanity check 1/1d6

Sir? Oh heavens... have I aged so poorly! I am surely not a sir boy!

ooc- In my game I usually like to say that a sanity check also tells how your character might react to a mythos related event. A passed check means you can act how you like.. A failed check means you don't deal with it very well. How you don't deal with it is still up to you. :evil:

The Fox nimbly jumps down off the wood pile and and sniffs the Shaman's dead feet. She sighs..

Hmmmmmm. Pity! Now come here in the light so I can properly see this rune that witch carved on your pretty little forehead. Such wonderful skin! Soft like a lemming's back.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1703685/ Success

Torngasak, shakes his head and realizes that this may all be a dream, or perhaps he is dead and this is the afterlife...

Either way, he does his best to take this in stride.

"Sorry, ma'am. You surprised me is all. Yes, please help me understand this."

He leans in to allow the red eyed fox-lady a better look.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The White Fox takes a closer look at Torngasak's mark.

This is a rune! I have seen these before! That pale skinned witch must have given this to you for some dark purpose. She killed Shaman Kunwaktok after her henchmen had their way with her. It was all I could do but hide and hope I wasn't discovered. It was aweful.... I long ago lost the ability to change my shape. If I had settled on a polar bear, then perhaps I could have helped but...

The Fox sighs...

No matter! You are here now and I will do my best to help you. I am Kadzit! An Elder Ijiraat. Have you heard of us boy?

ooc- roll Inuit Mythos.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704176/ Fail

"No I haven't, but I'd appreciate all the help I can get. Such a shame about the Shaman, though. I should could use her help right now..."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - The only thing you can remember about the Ijiraat is that they can turn into arctic animals. You can tell them by their red eyes.

Kadzit continues...

I recognize this rune boy... Don't know what it means.. but I've seen it before... in the mountains. There are temples... built long ago... Before the Thule ever came. There are runes everywhere. The Ijiraat have lived there for centuries.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

"Hmm. Come with me, elder. I need your help to find those who attacked this village. I won't be a pawn in their game, and so help me I will have revenge for my family."

Torngasak stands upright and scans the basement for any useful or important items.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Shaman's underground hut is far too demolished to find anything of any use. Kadzit has trouble negotiating the ladder. Her paw is injured enough that her tired old bones can't make it up. The Fox is light though and Torngasak has no difficulty lifting the Ijiraat out of the hole. Once topside, surrounded by the lifeless corpses of his friends and family, Torngasak hears the sounds of battle. Of metal on ivory. Coming from the Weasel River.

ooc- This particular Thule village is a Fishing village on the edge of the Weasel River. Just recently the river had unexpectedly thawed and began to flow into the mountains. (Very strange)
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

Torngasak heads in the direction of the Weasel River, being cautious to remain out of sight on any who would do him harm, yet still having a physical glimpse of those fighting.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Torngasak and Kadzit prowl their way to the river... the Thule boy has to step over many of his dead kinsmen and kinswomen. The Fox seems unnaffected by all the grim and the gore and stays close to Torngasak, panting nervously. The strange pair soon reach the clearing at the edge of the Thule village and look out across the Weasel river.

On the other side of the river, Torgasak sees two armoured Vikings on Icelandic mares in a savage battle with two Inuit men. ( How the boy knows they are from Iceland is beyond him) From the look of their furs and markings, Torgasak sees that the Inuit are Dorset; allies of the Thule to the north. One of the Dorset Hunters knocks his opponent off his horse and then runs him through with what appears to be a Viking Blade. The other Dorset Hunter seems to be having more difficulty with his own Viking and spins and circles the horse with the grace and fluidity of a true hunter.

ooc- In the Summer, before the Weasel River freezes, Torngasak knows that the river is less than a foot deep outside the Thule FIshing village.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

Tornagasak moves in closer (ooc simple action) and readies his bow and a human carved arrow, aiming it at the Norseman still mounted on his horse.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Fire...

roll 1d100.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

(ooc- the website is down, i used a different site, result was a 13)

Hit :)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Yeah I know... BS! If you can.. please log onto darkandmoodyforums.com and log your rolls until invisible castle is back up and running.

Torgasak watches as the Dorset hunter turns his attention to the Viking's horse. He slahses at its legs and the horse rears up on it's back legs. Then as the Viking ganins control of his steed, Torngasak's lets loose his arrow. The arrow flies swiftly to it's target and slices through the Viking's armour like sharp bone through blubber. The Viking falls of his horse and lays still in the snow.

Then the two Dorset Hunters turn and look at Torngasak and Kadzit from across the Weasel Riover. The Fox shivers and hides behind Torngasak's legs.

Who are they! Will they kill us child?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Just then, To Tornagsak's surprise, one of the Dorset Hunters crosses the river.

He runs up to Torngasak,

"That was really great shooting! Whoever taught you to use a bow must have been a great hunter."

Once at the village, The Dorset Hunter looks around and then asks the boy in a lower tone,

"Say, what's your name? Have you seen anyone else that's... well... alive?"

A lump rose in his throat and he fought hard to settle it.
Ignatius00
Layman
Layman

Post by Ignatius00 »

"My name is Torngasak, and I am the son of a Thule. What can you tell me about these Norsemen you were fighting?"

Torngasak easily shakes off the feelings of battle, having dismissed the Norsemen as animals a good while back.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Please go to Chapter 3 : Warming up : Tornuaq and Qannaq.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”