Chapter 3 : Eskimos : Warming Up : Tornuaq and Qannaq.

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Eskimos : Warming Up : Tornuaq and Qannaq.

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq remembers that the Thule fishing post was based here because of the shallow water. The men could walk and stretch out their nets clear across the river. (In the summertime mind you) It was barely past their knees.

ooc- You could always throw a spear to test the water.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Using a spear as a walking stick, Tornuaq began to walk across the river and should he spear a fish while doing so he'll have lunch on the other side. Once across the river he runs from hut to hut trying to see if there are any survivors.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Ah yes... I somehow did forget about the two beasts.

Tornuaq looked to Qannaq to see what the older hunter would do but he knew it wasn't really necessary. He took two steps and threw his spear at one of the beasts and then drew his shiny sword he took from the viking, readying himself for the charge.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Both Qannaq and Tornuaq have three bone spears. Qannaq has a stone spear as one of his main wepons. Tornuaq you spear throwing % is 35%. damage is 1d6 Plus 1d4 damage bonus. You can throw two spears before the "beasts" reach you. Qannaq will throw two as well.

As the two beasts draws closer, Tornuaq recognizes the armor they wear. They are Vikings atop giant black steeds draped in thick furs and metal like their riders.

ooc- Qannaq rolls: 87 and 93: Miss : sorry!

ooc- Tornuaq I need a strike and damage. Or two strike and two damage rolls.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Hit once, rolled a 14% Damage 4 and 2.

Tornuaq threw his two spears and grimaced as his last one missed. As he saw the vikings approach he said to Qannaq, "They are as fierce as any mountain cat and as mighty as the polar bear." Tornuaq then drew his sword and when the vikings got close he attacks the horse's legs trying to dismount the rider.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Both Vikings have their axes drawn and charge headstrong into the Dorset Hunters. As they quickly cross the shallow river, the dogs scatter to the side... suddenly terrified of the horses.

ooc- roll init. Dexs plus 1d10. Tornuaq has a 12 DEX. Qannaq has a 17.

ooc- Qannaq rolled a http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/269211] 10plus 17 = 27
Vikings rolled a 8 and a 9: plus dexterity = 19 and 20.

ooc- No matter what you roll for init, you will still get your chance to knock a Viking off his horse.

ooc - Tornuaq, you might as well give me an attack, parry damage and damage bonus too. Your sword does 1d8 plus 1d4 damage bonus.

ooc- Qannaq rolls a 56 to hit: Hit. 10 damage if not parried.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Initiative 15, Failed my attack. 94%
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- parry.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Oh... sorry. Parry... Um yeah... How do you do that? If you don't mind just roll it for me with an explanation of how you did it. This battle might take forever otherwise. In fact I really don't mind if you roll my rolls for me during combat.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

PARRY : 91 : FAIL

OOC- Every round you get one free parry with a melee weapon. Your parry is the same as your weapon skill %. I would prefer that everyone make their own rolls. We are playing a game and I like the feel of it better when people are making their own rolls. How pissed would you be if I was like OK you miss and you die. :evil: Sorry...

I'll do it for this round though. :D
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The two Vikings charge in to meet the Dorset Hunters at the foot of the Weasel River.

One Viking raises his axe up high in the air and sendsw it crashing down for Qannaq's skull. The venerable hunter raises his spear and deflects the blow. His spear splinters. It cannot take another hit like that one again. The second Viking, right behind his companion, leans over on his horse in an attempt to get under Tornuaq's defenses. The Viking's horse stumbles on the river's edge sending the Viking tumbling to the snow at the Tornuaq's feet. Both Tornuaq and Qannaq swing wildly at the charging Vikings, startled by the ferocity of their attack. Both Dorset Hunters miss their mark.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704286/

ooc- everyone fans! :lol:

ooc- roll init, strike parry, damage and bonus.

Should look like this:

1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Init: 8, Strike: 76, Parry: 77. Well failed all that too. So I guess this is were Tornuaq dies. By the way, it doesn't matter to me who's horrible rolls kills Tornuaq.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Viking still on horseback turns and swings for Qannaq. The old Dorset hunter raises his axe again and brings it crashing down on Qannaq's spear. The spear splinters in two two, leaving Qannaq momentarily defenseless. Tornuaq thrusts down at the fallen Viking and the Norse warrior rolls to the side, easily avoiding the spear. He arcs his axe upwards as he finally finds his footing but Qannaq is too far away for the Viking to make contact.

Now with all four combatants on their feet... the battle truely begins.

ooc - Well once I find a Viking that can roll below 50% I'll have no problems killing you! :lol: In the mean time. Looks like Tornuaq is still on his feet.

ooc- two more sets of rolls. (Two rounds worth since I think you will both hack and slash it out.) Unless you have other plans... then just one will do.)
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Edited

OOC: Round One: roll init, strike, parry, damage and bonus (1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[2], [1], [83], [8], [1]) Round Two: roll init, strike, parry, damage and bonus (1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[9], [71], [79], [6], [4]) Crit Damage: crit damage (1d8, 1d4=[6], [2]) Yeah crit hit on the first attack... Boo missing by one point on the second attack.

Tornuaq stepped back a bit to kick a spear towards Qannaq, with the vikings on the ground the battle was evenly matched and Tornuaq smiled as he swung his viking sword.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/270569

ooc - good rolls for the Eskimos! :D

Tornuaq thrusts his Viking blade deep into the belly of the Norse soldier. The sword sticks for a moment and the two glare at each other. The Viking growls and says something Tornuaq thinks Thorrin might have said if he caught another man with with his hand down his wife's shirt. The Dorset Hunter pulls out the blade as a tick spurt of blood splatters his furs and face. The Viking falls to his knees still holding his axe. He swings feebly but Tornuaq bats the blow away with his own fist.

Meanwhile the Viking rider swings down at Qannaq. Qannaq catchesthe spare spear kicked high in the air by Tornuaq and raises it to his defense. The shaft on the Viking's axe slams into Qannaq's raised spear and the weapon holds. Qannaq, then pushes the axe to the side and stabs up for the rider's neck. The Viking sees the spear coming and raises his shoulder to deflect it. Qannaq's spear finds flesh and the Viking cries out for blood. (2 damage)
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Moving so that the viking on his knees is no threat to him, Tornuaq jumps in and helps Qannaq. "I think we best hurry this and get to the ceremony. It is obvious there is nothing we can do here."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706044/

As Tornuaq moves away from the wounded Viking to help his fellow Dorset Hunter, the norseman arcs his axe at Tornuaq's back before he falls head first into the snow. His weapon only flies a few feet before it skids along the snow and into the Weasel river. The helmed horseman, still enraged slashes down at Qannaq. Qannaq moves away gracefully and launches his spear just over the Viking's head. He takes another few steps to his sled, his dogs barking madly and reaches for another bone spear.
Then Tornuaq rushes in, his sword high, and punctures the Viking's hip with the sharpest end of his blade. The look in the Norseman'seyes tells the Dorset Hunters that the last standing Viking knows he has lost. He rears his horse and prepares his escape.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Init, Strike, Parry, Damage, Bonus: 7, 30, 50, 2, 1.

Not wanting to waste time and knowing he could not let this viking escape Tornuaq attacked the horse's legs hoping to bring the man and beast down together.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq slashes at the Viking's horse and the steed whinnies and lifts his two front legs high in the air. The rider keeps control of the horse, however and pushes past the two Dorset Hunters.

Then an arrow slices through the metal links in the Vikings armour as if they were made of flesh. The Viking rolls of his horse and lies still, blood inching through the snow where he fell.

Tornuaq and Qannaq both look back to the Thule Fishing village and spot a young Thule boy holding a bow. The child has already notched another arrow. At his feet.. an artcic fox cowers behind him.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”