Chapter 3: Fallen Friends : Ingvar, Gaeirmund, Gudrun

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

She Devil
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Chapter 3: Fallen Friends : Ingvar, Logain, Gaeirmun, Gudrun

Post by She Devil »

Gudrun backs up, confused, wiping his finger on his pant leg to get the grime and entrails off. He swings his axe wildly and continues to back away.

"Can't you remember my name??!" He shouts after Ingvar, who's clearly mispronounced his name or is speaking to someone else in his head. Whichever way...no matter....we just have to get out of here!
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"No we don't. That corpse moves like it leads the rest. If they wanted to kill us, they would all charge at once. Leaders are for truce-talking and other boring things."

This does not stop Gaeirmund from putting the fire between him and the zombies and trying to stand farthest north of the group, although he does not run yet.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ingvar slices down on the undead Hildegar’s hand as the Viking zombie fondles Oddlog’s head. He cuts the hand clean from the arm and the zombie doesn’t flinch. Black blood spills onto the snow and he lets out a low glutteral groan

Ennnnnnnngh!

Ingvar pulls Oddlog back and away from the fire. They run for a short distance before realizing that not everyone in the party is following them. Melkorka follows closely behind her chosen ones cackling like a giddy fool.

Tristan and Logain draw their swords and stand close to Gaeirmund behind the fire. Half of the remaining four Vikings follow Ingvar and the rest stay close to the fire, afraid to run off into the surrounding darkness.

The voice bellowing orders for the zombies to part the beach finally closes in on the fire. All are surprised to see their fallen comrade Captain Gunharr. His skin is still quite intact unlike the others and has taken on an eerie shade of blue. He draws a scramasax from his belt and holds the long knife out in front of him pointing it at those Vikings that had not fled into the night.

Which of you dogs will speak with your Captain?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Gaeirmund looks at his fellow Norsemen. He doesn't say a word, but "I told you so," is written all over his craggy face.

"I've always got an ear open for my captain. Though you did give some of these others a bit of a fright-but I'm sure you'll tell us all about it when the time's right. Is Valhalla full?"
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Once he's outside of the fire light, Ingvar drops Oddlog in the snow like a wet bag of meat. He cautiously returns at the sound of the Captain's voice, staying in the shadows.
"What devilry is this?" He mumbles quietly, axe drawn.
He keeps his distance from the zombie crowd, and tries to listen to what the Captain's saying.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Ingvar leaves, he notices Melkokra has a look of terror plastered on her face as she continues to cackly softly into Oddlog’s ear.

Yess Yesss.. See to the Captain Ingvar... I'll tend to Oddlog's mind.

Captain Gunharr, or what used to be Gunharr, looks to Gaeirmund and smiles wide. As long as any of the Vikings aboard the Icebreaker have known the Captain, he has never shown so much emotion.

Good! Now tell me Gaeirmund... Where is the witch Melkorka? And the Bard Alrik? We’ve much to discuss about her plans on Helluland!
She Devil
Initiate
Initiate

Post by She Devil »

OC Sanity passed

Gudrun stands still with his axe at his side, listening to the captain as well. He turns to stare at Gaeirmund, wondering aloud if he knew what the captain had asked him.

He wondered to himself why the captain's skin had turned blue, but shrugged it off just as easily. Many things were strange about this land....least of all a blue faced captain!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Before Gueirmund can answer his estranged Captain, the sound of a Viking horn blares across the plains... echoing from the mountains to the north.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Ingvar is alarmed by the horn, and comes out of the shadows.
"Gunhar! What is that noise? Is it the other ship? Can your zombies fight?"

He catches a glimpse of someone's fleshy innards and backs away in disgust.
"Ewww!!! YOU SICK BASTARDS! Lie in your grave like a normal person! That's so gross."

He backs closer to Gudrun for safety.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Captain, Melkorka is just back there, somewhere. But what does that sound foretell?"

Gaeirmund does not like the Captain's smile, but can't see the harm in mentioning Melkorka, who could hardly hide for long.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Captain Gunharr looks back to Gueirmund.

That was the Valkyrie's horn lad.... Odin's whore of a daughter Brunhilde blows it when someone truly worthy of Valhalla catches her eye from the walls of Asgard. She'd be blowing something else for this crew then wouldn't she boys?

The zombie hoarde responds with a slow gurgling laughter that seems more forced than roused.

Hannnnnngh Hennnnnnngh! Hannnnnnnngh!

You've all caught the eye of the gods lad and to be sure they're watching with keen interest in everything that moves on Helluland. The walls of Asgard have never been closer. My brush with icy Hel has opened my eyes to many things. Now where's the witch? My master's a bone to pick with that smelly coo-rag!

Ingvar, furthest to the back, turns to see that Melkorka and Oddlog are gone. Their footprints trail off into the night.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Gaeirmund walks back around the fire to see where Melkorka is, and also notices their footprint\s.

(OOC: I guess if Ingvar didn't need a spot hidden roll...)
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

"THERE SHE GOES!!!" Ingvar says pointing in the direction of the foot prints. "Go club the pastey hag, see if I care."

"Skewer Oddlog while you're at it"

Ingvar grabs Gaeirmund by the arm and waves over Gudrun.
"Gaeirmund, Gudrun.. what the hell? Are we really going to march with this rotting army? I say we head north alone, take the men, the LIVING men, and head north. What say you?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Captain Gunharr calls out.

After her lads! Bring me Melkorka alive or its back to the depths of Hel for yah!

As Gunharr's undead crew hobbles after Oddlog and the witch, the captain sits down next to the fire.

Aye you could leave Ingvar... or you could listen. Learn what the gods have in store for the lot of you... pending your loyalties of course.

Gunharr reaches over and grabs a piece of meat, smiling uncharacteristicly at Gudrun. He bites into it and in the light of the fire it's impossible to miss the putrid black oil dripping from his mouth.
She Devil
Initiate
Initiate

Post by She Devil »

Gudrun looks nervously between the captain and Ingvar, with his invitation still ringing in his ears. 'Head north...head north.'

"Aye! North! I've seen enough of this to last me a lifetime!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Captain Gunharr laughs out loud; a long hearty laugh very unlike his former solomn self.

Harr! North it is then Gudrun.. What say the rest of you?

Of all the Vikings left from the Icebreaker

Tristan stands closest to Logain who eyes the captain suspiciously.

What left of Gunharr lies in those eyes, I'll never know, but I've sworn to stand with you Captain and I aim to honor my allegiance lest the walls of Valhalla close themselves to me forevermore.

Broddi stands beside Ingvar.

I'll not walk with the dead. If you keep your wraiths away... I'll follow...

Three of the four remaining Vikings stand behind Logain.

The fourth... A fellow archer draws his scramasax and with fear filled eyes stands behind Gudrun.

Captain Gunharr nods.

Then what shall it be Ingvar? Gaeirmund? There be an unmistakable light surrounding you two... Or darkness... difficult to tell with all this blasted snow. Harr!
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

SNNUUuuuuCK!!!! HORK!! Ingvar gobs a disgusting glob of nasal shit on the ground in protest.
"I'll walk with the dead when the valkaries come for me, not before!"

Ingvar backs away cautiously, pointing his axe at Gunharr.
"MY CAPTAIN DROWNED IN THE ICY DEPTHS, YOU'RE AN ABOMINATON!!!!"

You three! Gudrun, Broddi, archer, follow me and save your souls from these demons. Gaeirmund, don't be a fool! Come with us!"

"I'll take my leave from you now "Captain"... don't make me cut you down!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- There are no generic Zombie's here in sight. Just Hildegarr and Captain Gunharr. The rest of the undead went chasing after Melkorka and Oddlog.

Gunharr stands and step towards Ingvar.

Death is just the beginning for us all... Do you think yourself worthy of Odin's Hall Ingvar? You think you've led noble enough a life to deserve a noble afterlife? To die in battle is not good enough contrary to what the Eddas have taught us. Odin is a cruel and selective god. More Vikings than you think freeze in the fires of Hel with nothing to show for their glory. There are other options... other allegiances...

Gunharr removes a pouch from his belt and tosses it to Gaeirmund.

Those that follow me... will be payed in much more than furs and carvings you take from the dead skraelings. I pay in the currency of the gods!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- There are no generic Zombie's here in sight. Just Hildegarr and Captain Gunharr. The rest of the undead went chasing after Melkorka and Oddlog.

Gunharr stands and step towards Ingvar.

Death is just the beginning for us all... Do you think yourself worthy of Odin's Hall Ingvar? You think you've led noble enough a life to deserve an afterlife? Search your souls.... To die in battle is not good enough, contrary to what the Eddas have taught us. Odin is a cruel and selective god. His hall fills each day with our bravest of people... More Vikings than you think freeze in the fires of Hel with nothing to show for their glory. There are other options... other allegiances...

Gunharr removes a pouch from his belt and tosses it to Gaeirmund.

Those that follow me... will be payed in much more than furs and carvings you take from the dead skraelings. I pay in the currency of the gods!
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I don't like to make deals when I don't know what I'm dealing with. I'll listen to you, Captain."
Gaeirmund walks next to Ingvarr.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”