Chapter 3: Vikings : Notes in the Dark!

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Re: Chapter 3: Vikings : Notes in the Dark!

Post by Henrik »

Orm nods. "Let's give him weapons to fight with, he will need that as a warrior in Odin's army. If there still is some suitable weapons around, Orm will put it on what is left of Osvauld's chest.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sigfurd runs down the tunnel to retrieve Osvauld's sword.

The sound of beating wings echoing through the night air get louder until a lone shape appears over the crest of the mountain. As it descends upon the Vikings they quickly notice it is no winged horse the valkyrie rides, but a massive winged wolf akin to Fenrir himself. The armored wolf lands and the most beautiful woman the Norsemen had ever seen dismounts and approaches Osvauld; a sorrowful look on her flawless face. The Vikings soon discover that the wings do not belong to the wolf but to the Valkyrie. She bends down and closes Osvauld's eyes before standing tall above all the Vikings, her bright feathery wings catching the light of the moon.

Who speaks for Osvauld Wolvesbane?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik takes a step forward. I will speak for Osvauld.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Good then... I am Brunhilde... Rarely do I leave the walls of Asgard. Osvauld Wolvesbane's courage so close to the great city beckoned me. So then speaker... What shall I call you so your name shall be heard in the halls of my father.

Brunhilde eyes Alrik sternly and suddenly casts a gentle eye to Orm.

Do I know you Viking?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik stands up proudly. I am Alrik bard to Odin.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"Not as far as I know fair Brunhilde. My name is Orm, son of Kettil. Perhaps you have met my father? Even though I have no memories of my father it has been said that I'm the spitting image of him."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Brunhilde bows respectably to Alrik...

Very well then Bard of Odin... Your name will be sung along side Osvauld wolvesbane in the halls of Vahalla.

Brunhilde then turns and looks gently upon Orm.

Orm son of Kettil... hmmm I believe I know your wife Sif..... A beautiful heart. She speaks of you often... and would be proud to know you are serving Odin's interest on Helluland or do I assume to much Viking?
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm both feels a cold gripping his heart and a warmth on the same time as the valkyrie says the name of his wife. He is silent for a while. "Say that... we will meet each other soon, I can feel it in my bones and that we indeed is doing Odin's work."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Brunhilde puts his arm on Orm's shoulder and for the first time in months,he can feel the spirit of his wife Sif.

Retrieve the spear and you might just.... Bring it to Odin's hall and your union is assured Orm son of Kettil.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

"I'll spit in the face of Hel herself if it would mean that I would see Sif again. I'll retrieve the spear." Orm says.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sif smiles warmly at Orm.

I believe you would Orm.

Just then, Sigfurd returns with Osvauld's sword. He kneels before Brunhilde and presents it to the Valkyrie. She takes it and returns it to the sheath still at Osvauld's side. Brunhilde then turns to regard the survivors of the Fenris Wolf's attack.

Take heart Weoulf... It was not your destiny to die this day. You and your friends have a part to play in this yet. There is an unmistakable aura of change around you and your friend Sigfurd. There are few on this island capable of bearing this burden. Alrik will need you in the end. Of this we are sure.

Brunhilde lifts Osvauld's lifeless corpse with the ease of lifting a child and places him on her wolfen mount. She then turns back to the four Viking standing before her and regards them with sadness or pride... none can be sure. A silence passes between them.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik stands in silence watching the Valkyrie take Osvauld away. Once they are out of sight he turns to Orm. Now we need to talk. Let me see the scroll that Osvauld gave you. If it's something that can stop the witch I need to know. He looks Orm in the eye as he extends his hand. I feel the same way about her as you do....trust me.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- I'm glad you are talking about the witch and the scroll, but if you want to say anything to Brunhilde before she leaves you are welcome to it. I had her paused for that very reason. But if nobody wants to say anything, then she leaves peacefully with Osvauld on her wolfen mount. Just continue with Alrik's question after that.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

When Brunhilde leaves Orm hands Alrik the scroll. "The bearer of the scroll can use it to command the others or we will be facing Odin's judgement. It can not fall in the hands of Melkorka. Captain Gunharr said that she will use it for her own evil purposes. Perhaps it can be used to gain control over Melkorka herself, but I rather stick a sword in her back, cut her eyes out and cut her head and then burn the body. Witches have many lives and a witch like Melkorka surely have more than most." Orm spits. Taking the name of the witch in his mouth has made him feel unclean. "Melkorka is in possession of a scramasax which apparently has the ability to find Odin. The other two witches have in their possession similar saxs with similar abilities. Apparently the scramasaxs can be used to find the other two swords as well. I'd better tell you this since I'm honourbound to find Gungnir and I might not survive the experience. I will see my wife again, even if it means that I will be bringing Ragnarok to the world in the process."

OOC: Editing post since my character knows these things although I have forgotten.
Last edited by Henrik on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik snatches the scroll, turns, and walks a few steps away where he can study it undistracted. He mumbles, barely loud enough to be audible. Melorka you insufferable hag. This is the key to your demise. He clutches the scroll to his chest as he imagines all of the things that he is going to do to her.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by mikc »

Weoulf is still dazed by the beauty of Brunhilde; he hears her voice echoing in his ears - that she should deign to speak to him!

He is a little confused at all the talk of scramasaxes and witches, the events of the last hours - Gungir and the Fenris Wolf, mighty legends coming to life around them.

Encouraged by Brunhilde's kind words, he resolves not to be found wanting again when he is called upon to battle - whoever or whatever the foe should be!

Fortified by his thoughts, he examines the axe and shield in more detail and ponders their origins ...

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The axe and shield look well used. Something tells Weolf that the axe is older still. The runes still shine brightly in the moonlight and as Weoulf focuses on the blade, he can faintly see a Viking man standing on the Rainbow bridge of Asgard holding the axe in one hand and the shield in the other, awaiting an onslaught of Frost Giants.

Hold Frostbane... There will be plenty of time for killing. No need to charge in with a bloodlust fit for savages.

The Giants reach the edge of the bridge and the Viking lets fly his axe, embedding it in one ofthe Giants sloping foreheads. The axe then returns to his hand and he lets it fly again crying.

Frostbane!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sigfurd, adnmiring his own blade turns to the others.

Well then lads! Should we check in on Berger? That drunken lout has most likely desecrated the entire temple of Tyr by now!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sigfurd, admiring his own blade turns to the others.

Well then lads! Should we check in on Berger? That drunken lout has most likely desecrated the entire temple of Tyr by now!
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

OOC: I really did not understand where that chasm where Gungnir and Fenrisulfr fell down came from. I seem to have missed it...

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”