Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Post by trixie »

Yuralria smiles sweetly and blushes, averting her gaze, "Sedna is.....very pleased." Her eyes flicker back to Aglakti's, "So you are leaving again? I'd hoped...." Her voice falters and trails off, then she blinks and smiles again, shaking her head. "Well, never mind all that. If they need you, you should go. But..." She looks over her shoulder at the chief, then puts a hand on Aglakti's arm to gently guide her away from the group and out of earshot.

She continues in a whisper, See pm
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
SoReal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by SoReal »

Ogtuk-Luk smiled a little as Yuralria spotted the other shaman and went off running towards her. Watching her retreat, he turned around to look for the chief, and went to stand by him. Picking up his spear, he turned to begin walking, when he saw Yuralria whisper something into Aglakti's ear. He tried to listen, but a sudden gust of a little wind blew past his ear, and it fell just out of earshot.

Shrugging it off, Ogtuk-Luk continued walking towards the chief, sticking his spear into the snow and nodding to Unulaq, before pulling his (now topmost) coat of furs a little tighter around him. Looking to the chief, he smiled, "So, the old shaman returns. The news she bears is quite grave, too. Perhaps we should call some sort of audience for tonight at camp so that she may present her information to the elders?"
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

C:\DOS | C:\DOS\RUN | RUN\DOS\RUN
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria has turned back to head towards Ogtuk-luk, with Aglakti retreating in the other direction. Her cheeks are streaked with tears and her red-rimmed eyes tell all.

She pulls the overly large furs around her and shudders, then forces a smile to her lips and joins Ogtuk-luk in his discussion. As she nears, she overhears his comment and begins to shake her head, "Aglakti has been banished, Ogtuk-luk, and she refuses to even break bread with the tribe. Clearly she is still unable to forgive." Her eyes flicker over the chief's, knowing full well that the comment would find it's way to the elder's ears, and yet she seems unapologetic for it.

"She wishes only to return to her mission.....to find the Ijiraat. Soitude has become her friend now."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Chief Kalituk nods at Yuralria's words.

Then she is truly lost to us! I wish her well Yuralria.

Chief Kalituk looks back to the Elders who are slowly approaching the combing ceremony grounds where Chief Kalituk, Unulaq, Ogtuk-Luk and Yuralria are gathered. Aglakti and her Ijiraat friend are now just a speck on the horizon. Chief Kalituk eyes narrow and he actually growls before speaking to the Shaman.

I hope that Sedna gave you the guidance we need to see our people through this storm, the Elders will be all but useless. They have forgotten what it means to honor your people.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria blinks, as though flabbergasted at his words. "Chief?" She says uncertainly, then looks over her shoulder at the elders to gage their distance. "Of course, Sedna's given us her blessing. And said many things about what is coming....I will divulge the details later when we meet. But what have they said, Chief? What did I miss while I was speaking with Sedna?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

You have missed nothing my Shaman.

Yuralria notices that Chief Kalituk's tone has changed. Normally happy and jovial around the Shaman, now Chief Kalituk seems respectful and serious, looking off in the direction that Aglakti walked often.

The Elders have simply been spending too much time outside their huts. Their prejudice and disgruntled feeling are now out in the open. They have been speaking ill of you since you first dove into the sea. They have been speaking with Arrluk. They plan to use the venerable hunter to undermine your authority in the tribe. He will seek to harm your honor!

Chief Kalituk looks to Ogtuk-luk gravely.

Ogtuk-luk! You must challenge Arrluk before he speaks to the tribe or he will have his say. His words are heard and respected by our people.

The elders wish us to ignore this threat of the Norsemen; I am sure of it! I sense that Sedna has counciled you otherwise Shaman...
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Chief Kalituk brushes past Unulaq, Faroo and Mannitok appraoch. Faroo still has difficulty making eye contact with Unulaq and kicks the snow nervously with his feet. Thorrin trots up on top of his giant armoured horse and smiles, not understanding the tension boiling in the tribe. He stands close to the three Dorset hunters and listens without a clue what they are saying, seemingly happy to simply be close to his friend Unulaq.

Mannitok slaps Unulaq on the back.

Don't mind the chief brother. He has much on his mind. I think he and the exiled Shaman were close once.
There seems to be alot of that sort of nonsense going around eh? Tornuaq is likely to be exiled himself for what he's been putting the Shaman through. Sashila is beside herself with grief.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

DSIGFUSS wrote:Ogtuk-luk! You must challenge Arrluk before he speaks to the tribe or he will have his say. His words are heard and respected by our people.

The elders wish us to ignore this threat of the Norsemen; I am sure of it! I sense that Sedna has counciled you otherwise Shaman...
Yuralria purses her lips, looking displeased with the subject, but continues nevertheless, " We should speak further about this in private, Chief. Perhaps.....without the elder's present for the time being. It is very important we find this witch...the one that wanted Thorrin dead. I have much to tell, but I fear for what the elders will say when they hear the truth they wish to avoid."

Yuralria's eyes flicker to Ogtuk-luk's and she inhales sharply, "We are facing.......troubling......... times, and our actions now are of grave importance."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq half smiled to Mannitok. He didn't realize how true that statement was. "So we are done here, yes? We should start heading back where we can be better defended. There is no sense standing out in the open like this for longer than we have to." He looked to Faroo and put a hand on his shoulder as he said, "I appreciate your discression. I will come clean once we reach the village."

He looked around for Sashilla and asked Mannitok, "Where is your sister?"
Ash
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Ash »

Faroo nods and gives his friend a knowing look. He then calls him over and wispers to him. See PM
Where are we to go now my friend? What can we do?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Chief Kalituk looks off into the distance and seems disheartened. He then turns to Yuralria, nodding his head and absentmindedly comments.

Yes… A secret meeting. There is much to discuss.

Chief Kalituk then sticks his chieftain’s spear deep into the snow and walks away from Yuralria and Ogtuk-Luk.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Mannitok looks over to the tribe and points to his family. His mother sat beside Sashila on one of the hunter’s sleds. The old light hearted woman gently caressed her hair, whispering soothing words into her ear.

Unulaq can see the distress in Sashila’s every movement. Her head rocked back and forth and she held her knees as though if she let go, she might fall into a dark pit of sadness and despair.

She is with my mother Unulaq. I imagine she will need time to recover from her journey alone on the plains.

Faroo notices that the boy Torngusak with the Viking mark etched onto his head is lingering close to him and paying careful attention. His white arctic fox is never far from the boy’s side. The observant hunter catches the boy mimic one of Faroo's movements as he converses with the others.

ooc – Faroo Spot Hidden
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq responded, "We return to our home... and soon. We've been exposed too long to the strangers. It was by Sedna's will that we have not been spotted yet. We must not try our luck." He asked Manitook, "Please, let us try to get everyone ready to move again."

He left the men behind, and headed toward Sashilla, approaching slowly, cautiously... to see how she might react to him before he spoke.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria turns away from the Chief's retreating back and regards Ogtuk-luk pensively.

"Does he seem.....troubled.....to you?"
She studies his face quizzically, then turns to look over her shoulder at Chief Kalituk walking away. "I know he and Aglakti were close...." Her sentence trails off, unfinished.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Unulaq approaches Sashila she shies away from him initially, burying her face in her mother's caring arms. Then when the Dorset hunter nears she lifts her head from her mother's embrace and smiles softly at him.

Unulaq! Mother says we have Sedna's blessing. Yur... The Shaman's dive was a success. I am happy for her, but what of Tornuaq? Why did he leave so suddenly? He... doesn't know does he?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

He knelt down beside Sashila, smiling to the mother for a moment, before facing back to the emotional girl losing his smile and showing nothing but concern for her. "I want you to know... I had no control over what happened. I do not even remember it. It is true, I have always held a special place in my heart for you. But I would never..." he looked away - down to the snow and wondered what he could possibly say to make it all right. "Tornuaq has run away again, probably after that cursed knife. I have half a mind to let him die. But I know it is not his fault, but something deeper that drives him to the knife. Hopefully, by heading out to rescue him from whatever folly he has befallen, I can prove my love to you. I only want you to be happy, and I know he makes you happy."

He looked back to her, watching her eyes with his own, waiting to see what she might say in response.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sashila leans in and kisses Unulaq on the lips. He finds the kiss more intimate than any the Dorset girl had given him before, save their last encounter.

I know you would never do anything to hurt me Unulaq. We have always been the best of friends. I... we need you here Unullaq. The tribe needs as many spears as we can gather. Tornuaq should not have left.

Sashila then closes her eyes and seems on the verge of a serious migrane.

I see many dangers in his future. Many choices he will have to make that will effect us all.

She closes her eyes once again

I see a man with skin the color of the sea. I see a mark on Tornuaq's face and a growing sadness... I see....

Sashila collapses into Unulaq's arms and her mother backs away startled. Sashila looks up into the Dorset hunters eyes.

What is happening to me?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq shook his head uncertainly, "I do not know... but we should see the Shaman right away. This sort of sight is usually hers to share. Something else speaks through you."

He called over toward Yuralria and waved "Please... come here!"
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Before Ogtuk-luk can answer her, Unulaq has begun waving and yelling from across the snow.

Yuralria's head swings around to him, and she runs over, "Yes? What is it?" She regards Sashila curiously, and warily.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”