Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq advised Ogtuk-Luk, "We must be careful with the villagers. Many of them will no doubt view another Iljirat as a threat, no matter how young he is. This one is clean though... no marks. And we could use all of the allies we can muster."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

A horn sounds far off in the distance from over the mountains. It sounds like a Beluga's song. The horn's tune fills the plains and every Dorset head turns to the mountains with a mixture of fear and bewilderment plastered on their faces.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"They will not harm this Iljirat," says Aglakti, and there is a cold righteous gleam in her eyes that would frighten those who did not know her better. She tilts her head to one side as she listens to the Beluga's song. "You did not answer me. What is the foreign man doing here? Is he from the same tribes that disease our Gods and wish to lay siege to our lands? Or is here seeking refuge from a mutual enemy?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SoReal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by SoReal »

(( OOC: Ogtuk-Luk would know this, right? He was there for that, I believe. ))
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

C:\DOS | C:\DOS\RUN | RUN\DOS\RUN
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - SoReal - See pm.
SoReal
Layman
Layman

Post by SoReal »

Ogtuk-Luk stares in wonderment for a moment as the Ijiraat changes shape, only to be startled out of his trance by Aglakti.

"You did not answer me. What is the foreign man doing here? Is he from the same tribes that disease our Gods and wish to lay siege to our lands? Or is here seeking refuge from a mutual enemy?"

"Peace, Shaman. Nobody will harm your protector. I give you my word. Like Unalaq said, we need as many allies as we can get. You trust this Ijiraat, therefore I trust this Ijiraat. As for Thorrin..." Ogtuk-Luk pauses for a moment, "He is one of ours. Two of our hunters found him injured and washed ashore. He fought as any Dorset warrior, if twice as brutal, against his fellow Norsemen. Either something caused him to fear those of his own blood, or... Well, I'd rather not think of it. Either way, he has been a boon to the tribe, and we have accepted him. Although he doesn't speak our language, he seems right enough."

"But... As for you, why have you returned here? And at this time, this ceremony?"

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I have managed to have some small success at speaking with Thorrin using gestures and grasping certain concepts. From what I understand, the Norsemen who seek ill of us follow a god named Loki. Thorrin follows a god named Odin. And it is this difference of believes that fuels their hatred of one another," Unalaq explained and then listened to Aglakti for her answer to Ogtuk-Luk's question.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"He seeks refuge from a mutual enemy," Aglakti says, and smiles a beatific smile that is in sharp contrast to her previous behavior. Her moods seem somewhat shifting, her expressions more intense, though this might be due to her lack of social practice since her exile. "I will show only friendship to him then."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SoReal
Layman
Layman

Post by SoReal »

"I will show only friendship to him then."

"No one would expect any less, or any more."

Ogtuk-Luk shifted his feet a little, and repositioned his spear in the ground, leaning slightly backwards.

"However, you didn't answer me. Why have you returned here? The elders will not be pleased with your visit. Do you bring news of shrouded danger yet to befall the tribe?"

Ogtuk-Luk was never the world's greatest optimist, and the return of the exiled and supposedly "cursed" shaman could only mean bad things had happened, or were to happen before long. He shot a quick look of worry to Unulaq, before returning his gaze to the shaman, shifting impatiently as he awaited her answer.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I have already answered, I came to bring news of the vessels they travel through, of their foreign god, and of our own bear god's corruption, but it seems that none of this counts as a good enough reason to be here," she says it with a slight smile and a shrug. "Now that I have given you that knowledge, it is time for me to move on. I have no personal need for this village anymore than it has need for me. Simply being here leaves me feeling restless... Tell the elders what I have said and have them look to their new shaman for advice. I have other places to be that draw me with great urgency." With a curt nod, she turns and begins walking off. She doesn't seem angry, but strangely sedate, and moves with a gliding pace that bespeaks her authority.

SoReal
Layman
Layman

Post by SoReal »

Ogtuk-Luk watches the shaman speak her mind, then turn to walk away. Turning his head quickly to look at Unulaq, he giggles a little. "Perhaps she did say why she came here, but these weathered old ears can barely hear at a distance of two spears, let alone from here..." He pauses, to look over to the shore, "...To there. Ah well. This seems grave news indeed. News that, although of great importance, should probably be kept quiet until after the ceremony, when the elders would be more willing to listen, without the preoccupation of ceremony to distract them. Is this plan acceptable to you, brother Unulaq?"

Ogtuk-Luk pulled his spear from the ground, hefting it in one gloved hand and tilting it back to rest it on his shoulder. "Come. Let us enjoy the remainder of the ceremony. Hopefully, our shaman will return to us soon."

"Both of them..."

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq shrugged indifferently, not knowing what the problem was with passing the word since it was Yularia who had to do the hard work, and she was already doing it underwater somewhere... or drowning. But he didn't see as how waiting a little while longer would hurt any either.

"Can we really let her leave like this? These are dangerous times. We should band together, no matter what our history held for us."

He called out to the departing Shaman, "Aglakti, before you leave... why not wait to see if the Elders feel it would be wise to keep you with us? Perhaps Sedna herself will send direction in your favor?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti smiles. "I am beholden to the Elders' wisdom no longer, I have given you much of what I know, though know also of this ... there are bizarre marks of power the evil Goddess mentioned ... strange symbols ... or painted words ... that can do incredible things. She will offer much and give nothing. I must go now. You may accompany me, if you wish, or stay here. The choice is yours."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As the Dorset discuss their plans, everyone turns to notice a disturbance bubbling in the water where Yuralria had first dove in to comb the godesses hair.

Yuralria comes shooting out of the water holding a long white ridged spear. She lands on the ice with the grace of a pregnant walrus and falls flat on her face, her naked behind sticking quite high into the air for all to see.

Aglakti remember this part. When she was returned to the surface by Sedna during her own combing ceremony, she landed gracefully like a fox on the ice and avoided such an embarassing fall. :D

Pandoval stifles a laugh...

Ha! You can see her.. you know what.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

OC The sh*t I have to put up with Dsig! You're gonna pay for that one!

"OOooof!"

Yuralria grunts loudly and rolls over, suddenly aware that her naked backside (and frontside for that matter) were exposed to the entire village. For a moment she lays there on the ice, wishing she could fly away like an eagle away from this terribly embarassing situation. Then she stands up quickly, brushing herself off and shuddering from the cold.

She steps quickly off the ice to return to Ogtuk-luk's side, gratefully throwing her furs over herself again and shivering. Her lips were blue and yet despite the chill she felt right to the bone, her cheeks were stark pink with embarassment.

"Sedna is pleased with us,"
she replied simply to all who might care, and hung her head a little to avoid their protruding glances. She knew how ridiculous she looked...did they have to stare and make her so painfully aware of her lack of grace?

She smiles at Ogtuk-luk sheepishly and stands next to him closely, and secretly wishes she could hide behind him for the time being.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
SoReal
Layman
Layman

Post by SoReal »

Ogtuk Luk was standing a distance away from the shore, waiting for a response from Unulaq, but when Yuralria came shooting out of the icy water, he picked up his spear and rushed towards the shore. He neared the "point of impact," and quickly averted his eyes.

"She makes quite an exit. She must have displeased Sedna." he thought.

"Sedna is pleased with us." said Yuralria.

Ogtuk-Luk watched Yuralria walk towards him and loosened the straps on his topmost coat, the thick outer layer of weathered furs that kept the hunter warm during many a cold night. Sliding it off of one shoulder, he stuck his spear into the ground and took the coat off, placing it around the shaman's shoulders as she drew near. He leans down and says in a low voice, "You've done well."

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti smiles at the display, an eyebrow arched, as she peers over her shoulder, already walking away into the snow.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Yuralria smiles gratefully at Ogtuk-luk and lowers her gaze sheepishly at his comment. "Yes....we will have many fish this year. Sedna has given us many blessings, food being one of the many."

Then Yuralria notices the familiar retreating back, "Aglakti!" she half shouts in alarm, double stepping to meet up with her. "You're back!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq headed for the Chief, now that Yuralria was back... it was time to discuss many things. "The banished one ... she has news, information. I know she is not viewed favorably by many Elders, but I think in these times, we need to put aside our feelings for the sake of being informed. I ask that you and the Elders give her audience."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti turns, smiles and grasps her forearms gently as a sign of affection. "Correction, I've been back, and now I must go forth to save the lijiraat people and defend them from the foreign infestation. The foreign gods are connected to the shadow bear, who is our bear god, Nanook, infected and infested. When I angered the foreign god, the infected Nanook came bearing down on me, as though he were but a pet. As to you, how went your ceremony?"

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”