Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Post by trixie »

dsigfuss wrote:Yuralria comes out of her trance and Sedna is smiling down at her, cradling the Shaman in her arms like she would her own child.

Do you see?
Yuralria swallows hard. The vision of the large wolf and the hunter had seemed so vivid, for a moment she'd forgotten where she was. She looked up at Sedna, blinked, bubbles escaping from her mouth for a moment, then began, "Sedna, this is a strange beast. And there are strangers in our land. I'm not sure what to think of it. Please, do you know of these white skinned strangers? Their faces are the color of the snow, and their hair is the strangest colour, like the color of the salmon when they spawn. Who is the wolf Sedna? Is it a beast of our land?"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"I have downed one of their monster ships, that whose head grins and glares, with Sedna's blessing, and her ocean's fury," says Aglakti solemnly. She reaches down to stroke Pandoval's chin. "If I am to meet the elders, I demand that they will accept Pandoval to the extent that no harm will come to him... As to the black wolf, was he dripping with shadow and maggots, much as has happened to the bear god?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Someone clue me in ... who is Pandoval?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- There is a little husky puppy at Aglakti's feet. As Aglakti pets him, Unulaq notices the husky pup has bright red eyes.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Like an Ijiraat? Would I even remember that the Ijiraat had bright red eyes?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- You know all about the Ijiraat and can identify them by their red eyes. The thing with Ijiraats is that you forget your encounter with them unless you speak of it often. The Dorsets involved in the Ijiraat fight can't remember the fight itself but they have talked enough about it to know that it happened and who the Ijiraats killed. The red eyes thing is common lore. Inuit stories and such. Even though you can't picture the beasts that attacked you, you can remember enough to know it was an Ijiraat attack. It's like a foggy dream of claws, teeth and red eyes.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

They are the Norse and they follow gods older than the mountains of this land. The wolf is the son of a Norse god and a giantess… The Fenris wolf’s appetite has no end. He has roamed these lands for longer than your people. For centuries the Fenris wolf has been chained… Whoever released him is clouded in shadow… even from your goddess.

Sedna reaches out for Yuralria, drawing her even closer. There is a wanting in her eyes; a desperate sadness….. A restless need for the Shaman’s hands.

You must weather this storm my child of the frozen rain. Your people cannot defeat this enemy. Your champions will fall before their shiny teeth if you face them openly. I fear for you my love.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Yuralria swallowed hard and blinked back tears, Was she saying she couldn't help!

"Sedna, are they divided? We have a norseman with us right now. Tell me! Can you see if we can trust him, or if he is tracking us and sending signals back! I don't know who to trust, Sedna!"

Yuralria looks terribly worried now.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I can't speak for the elders, you know that." Unalaq noticed the puppy's eyes and then he asked Aglakti pointedly while looking down at Pandoval, "Is it Ijiraat? We had some recent trouble with the Ijiraat. They are responsible for many deaths of our kin... though not directly I think." He tried to recall... but was drawing a blank about the details. It was then that his hand ran to his pocket and he recalled having something of importance. He pulled it out, a section of what looked like skin with a marking on it:

"Does your pet have this on it anywhere?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti looks at Pandoval, waiting for him to respond.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Pandoval growls quietly at Unulaq. His eyes glow bright red as his temper rises. Unulaq might be frightened if the young Ijiraat pup weren't so adorable.

Grrrrrrrrr!! I'm noone's pet Inuit and I have no markings!

He then takes a closer look at the patch of Ijiraat skin with the Norse symbol on it.

Is that....... Oh no!

As the realization that Unulaq must have taken the patch of skin from an Ijiraat hit home, Pandoval trembles and moves to hide behind Aglakti, resting his two front paws on her moccasins.

Did he kill him Shaman?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq put the skin away and said "We had no choice. The Ijiraat were attacking us like wild animals... controlled by some evil force. I took the hunk of skin knowing I would likely forget everything. The mark seemed important, too important to forget."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I believe that Unulaq had little choice," says Aglakti. "If the ljiraat are to be freed, we must survive. However, our focus must widen to encompass their fates as the fates of the ljiraat are now tied to our own. Soon, I will journey to their place and find a way to free them of their unholy influence and deliver Pandoval to his mother. In future, though, such symbols should be carved into wood, or if need be, into one's own flesh. It is wrong to make a souveneir out of the dead and will hardly improve our position with our new need allies... Now, tell me, Pandoval, what is the significance of the symbol?"

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

It belongs to them... The pale skinned men. I saw many like it when we visited the white woman in the spirit world. I think there was even a book with that symbol on the cover. I was snooping while you were arguing with her...

Pandoval raises his, proud he could contribute... He then sniffs the patch of Ijiraat fur with the mark of Loki on it and licks Unulaq's hand.

He was probably with the Ijiraat that took my mother and sister. I'm glad you killed him Unulaq! I wish I was there to help!

Such harsh words coming from the small pup in such a child's high pitched voice seem wrong to all who hear it.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Uh... you're welcome?" he says unsure of the situation. He wasn't about to carve the sign in his hand when he saw what those wearing it were like, but far be it from him to argue with the exiled shaman. "It is a sign of one known as Loki. Thorrin says he is an evil god with evil Norse men followers. I would not be surprised if he was somehow tied in with the black wolf." He waves the two to follow, "Come... let's talk to the chief and elders. I hope in this dark time they can put their prejudices aside so that we can all see through this."
SoReal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by SoReal »

((OOC: Seems like I've got a bit of catching up to do. Been a while since Ogtuk-Luk did anything. So, don't mind if the first bit is a little delayed. I'll catch up to more recent events as the post goes on. xD))

Yuralria walked over to the edge of the water. The uncertainty in her stance, her movements, her eyes... It was so certain. As she looked into Ogtuk-Luk's eyes, he fortified himself and offered only a nod. A nod, he hoped, that would instill her with the courage she needed in this state. He listened to her speech, then looked down at the coast, where snow met water, as Yuralria began to undress. "That water must be freezing. She's crazy to go down there." he thought, before quickly adding, "...But, we are all thankful for this, her lunacy." He looked up in time to see Yuralria's naked figure bound forward into the water.

Ogtuk-Luk patiently looks out over the water, leaning heavily on his spear. "I hope she makes it back... Yuralria, return to us with Sedna's blessing. More importantly, return to us.

From behind him, a voice rang out, "Aglakti! Aglakti is coming this way!"

Sneaking a look over his shoulder, Ogtuk-Luk took in the figure of the exiled shaman. Snapping his head forward once more, he tried to reach inward, to meditate. His eyes fell on the icy blue water, his face wrought with equal parts concern for the shaman under the water's depths and concern for the ex-shaman heading towards the ceremony. Closing his eyes, he breathed in deeply, the cold air filling him with wisdom and serenity.

When his eyes opened, he looked down at the water. Readjusting his stance against his spear, he muttered, "Sometimes, the best thing to say is nothing at all. Perhaps one day she'll forgive me. I did my duty, and what was best for the tribe. Someday, she will learn that."
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

C:\DOS | C:\DOS\RUN | RUN\DOS\RUN
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Chief Kalituk walks slowly over to Ogtuk-Luk, his eyes never leaving Aglakti's shape off in the distance.

Your old Shaman has returned brother... Perhaps she will be glad to see you.... Perhaps not...

Chief Kalituk grins wide at the Shaman protector and digs his chieftain's spear into the snow. He looks back to Aglakti and sighs deeply.

The Shaman will be a while. Go and see what the old gull wants. I'll watch your post.

Ogtuk-Luk is put somewhat at ease by the chief's cander. He knew that Kalituk had the utmost respect for the Shaman and his light sided attempt at humor told Ogtuk-Luk that he still bore no ill will. The Elders would no doubt be furious at her presence but chief Kalituk could deal with them for the time being.

Go...

Just then the Norsemen Thorrin approached from behind and stood next to chief Kalituk watching the water. The two had been getting along splendidly these last few miles even though little was said between them. Thorrin points to the water and holds his arms shivering and smiling at Chief Kalituk.

Hún verða vera kuldi. The vatn útlit frjósa.

Chief Kalituk looks to Ogtuk-Luk and laughs out loud, patting Thorrin on the shoulder. Whether the Chief was laughing at what Thorrin had said or at Ogtuk-luk's uneasy social commitments, the Shaman protector could not tell.
SoReal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by SoReal »

Hearing the chieftain speak to him was very re-affirming for Ogtuk-Luk's spirit. Although he could not hide his concern for Yuralria, he agreed that perhaps it was wise to meet with Aglakti. After all, who knows when he would see her again?

He was about to turn, when the Norseman appeared. Saying something in a language still unfamiliar to the protector, Ogtuk-Luk looked to the chieftain at the same time the chieftain looked at him, and both of them burst into short laughter. Bowing his head once more to the chief in thanks for his wisdom, Ogtuk-Luk picks up his spear and begins walking through the snow away from the coast, approaching Unalaq, Aglakti, and Pandoval.

As he draws near, he sticks his spear into the ground, nodding his head deeply to each of them. "Brother Unulaq, I see you found the shaman. And Aglakti, I see you have found your way back to the tribe. Although there are many who would not appreciate your return, I admit that I feel relieved at your safety. How have your travels been?" As Ogtuk-Luk speaks, one would notice that his tone is friendly, and his words conversational, but he does not make eye contact with Aglakti. Whether this is coincidental or intentional is not completely clear.

As Ogtuk-Luk says this, his eyes wander down to Pandoval. Smiling, he adds, "Although it seems you found a replacement for my post already. I trust that your little friend here is not only a suitable protector..." Ogtuk-Luk pauses for a moment to fish a dried piece of meat from his pocket, and squats down, offering the meat in an outstretched hand to Pandoval, "...But is also a bit hungry?"
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

C:\DOS | C:\DOS\RUN | RUN\DOS\RUN
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Pandoval leans and snaps the meat from Ogtuk-Luk’s hands and the Shaman Protector notices the pups red eyes. Aglakti has befriended a Ijiraat cub. The husky pup morphs itself before their very eyes. Fur turns to feathers and snout to beak in a bubbling nightmarish effect. Everyone had seen this transformation before but can’t recall it in the detail they witnessed before them. Pandoval quickly takes the shape of a young snow owl and perches on Aglakti’s shoulder to devour the morsel. He politely thanks Ogtuk-luk and continues his meal.

Thankyou hunter...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti ponders to herself. "Why does the village dally with the foreign men?"

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”