Chapter 3 : Braving the Storm! - Tornuaq

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Braving the Storm! - Tornuaq

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq emerges for a second time having failed to find the knife.... his body tensing from the frigid waters. He barely has the strength to pull himself out of the water.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

His heart pounds in his head as he instinctive curls himself up into a ball to conserve heat. Tornuaq can feel himself dying and there is very little he can do at he moment to save himself. His sled is at least 30 yards off and may as well be a thousand miles off as far as he was concerned. The cold has all but paralyzed Tornuaq. He could manage a short crawl but for how long, he wasn’t sure.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

Then Tornuaq realized the pounding hollow noise in his head was not his own heart beating but something else. He could feel his own heart beating much much slower and with very little life.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

The light of the sun blinded him as he shivered and shook violently on the icy shore. Through the glare, he could see a soft bluish glow in the snow just a few meters away. It was there Tornuaq could hear the loud slamming thunderous heart beat.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq focused all his energy on crawling to the bluish glow.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - Make a CONx5 check Tornuaq.

The soft girlish voice returns whispering words of encouragement.

You can make it Tornuaq. Think of your love… Let my warmth surround your spirit and your heart be filled with hope for the future...
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Conx5=70%, Rolled a 22.

Tornuaq wasn't sure what it was he felt but he was pretty sure this was not how death came. With a grim determination he crawled toward the glow, listening to the woman's voice. Was it really her warmth who helped him? Who was she? Sedna? It could only be!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Chapter 3 : Braving the Storm! - Tornuaq and Qannaq

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq shakes violently as he inches his towards the glowing mound of snow. The femanine voice edges him on.

You're almost there my child. Soon everything shall be as it must.

His body begins sieze but still he closes the distance.

Reach for it Tornuaq.... Reach for your destiny.

Then suddenly someone grabs him. All his strength drained from the cold, Tornuuaq is powerless to resist. His vision blurred, all he can see is the glow beneath the snow as the stranger turns him onto his back and begins to quickly strip off his clothing.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

At first Tornuaq tries to struggle and does his best to shout that he must reach the glow but when nothing he does works, he just rolls his eyes up into his head and succumbs to whoever is doing whatever to him.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq can tell it is an Inuit man coming to his aid as he is well versed in Arctic survival techniques. Tornuaq realizes this in his hypothermic delusionary state as the man presses Tornuaq's naked body up to his own naked form transfering heat to Tornuaq as quickly as he's able. If Tornuaq does not have a fire going soon, he will die.

oc - roll a CONx3

Despite the violent spasms coursing through Tornuaq's body he still manages to get a mumbled sentence out when the man holds him close. Turnauq shivers out the following:

M..mm….mm… my knife… Th…Th… Th…orrrin … N…n….need it! M….mm…mm….ountains.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Conx3=42%, Rolled a 27%
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Tornuaq's body begins to seize he still struggles for the knife but the Inuit holding holding him naked to the snow covered shore suddenly lets go. He stands towering over the Dorset warrior and looks looks up to the sky and waits silently for a moment.. Tornuaq's vision blurs as he enters the later stages of hypothermia and he can only see the man as he would a shadow. His own nakes outline silouetted against the arctic sky.

Reach for it child of the frozen rain. Reach out and know me!

ooc - DEX x2 roll to move CON x3 roll to stay conscious. Or you could just give up. Idea roll to speak. If you can speak you can say only a few stuttering words.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Should have just given up. Dex x2=24%. Rolled a 59%. Con x3=42%. Rolled 43%.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Too bad about the rolls Andrew… You are now with another PC. He’s camping until Wednesday so we’ll just play out your delirium until then OK? Unless you could use the break. I heard you got a new job and it’s freaking tough!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: If Tornuaq is dead then I'm out. I don't want to go through developing another character.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Shivering in the death throws of Hypothermia, Tornuaq loses consciousness.

The last thing he remembers is hearing a friendly voice whispering.

We don't need a knife....

oc - OK coffee demon is back.. Go to new thread.

Chapter 3: Warming up! : Tornuaq and Qannaq
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq races away from the Dorset tribe atop his sled. Noone had even bothered to say goodbye, save Thorrin who simply waved, unable to communicate his feelings of worry for his Dorset friend. Before he left however, Thorrin reached for Tornuaq’s spear and whispered a short song in the hunter’s ear.

The ride would take a few hours… There and back from the Thule Hunting grounds, where Unulaq had buried the knife in the snow.

The sun had already set and the plains were lit only by the brightness of the nearly full moon. As the final sliver of sunlight disappeared over the horizon that same low sounding male voice came to Tornuaq’s mind.

You were right to kiss her Tornuaq, even if she resists. She belongs to you! I have always known this to be true…
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Oh shut up whoever you are! It seems to me that you are only trying to make trouble for me. I will get the knife, do what it wants and then if I am alive I will live out the rest of my life in exile as I deserve to." Tornuaq stated, he was in no mood for this voice that only he heard. It must be the knife talking to him or else he was truely going crazy and if that was the case he was not fit to be any woman's husband.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The voice laughs.

Do not deny me child of the frozen rain. I only wish what is truly in your heart most desperate desires. You must take what you must in this life.. no matter the consequence. No matter how severe the punishment. By force if necessary! What you seek from this woman has been taken before! By your ancestors and if you would choose to believe... by me!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq just shook his head and raced the dogs hard towards the beach. The Voice had a few good points but now was not the time to listen to that kind of talk. Tornuaq wondered if he could ignore The Voice. Being that it was in his head and all. To him The Voice sounded selfish but then again his own actions were selfish... and stupid.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The voice responds to Tornuaq's thoughts...

There is purity in selfishness child of the frozen rain. Is it selfish to want for others... She wants for you just as you want for her. Laws and customs alone stand in your way. What do your elders and lawmakers know of Sedna's wishes. Do they know her as I know her? Who's voice would you hear in this matter? Theirs? Even the eldest have but a fraction of my wisdom.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: Was the voice male or female? I forget or didnt ask before... I think I just forgot.
"But how do I know that you know Sedna at all? For all I know the snow knows her better than you for I do not know who you are. I mean no disrespect but I speak the truth. I do appreciate what you are trying to say but with everything that has happened I fear you might be trying to lead me astray. I... I guess I don't know whether to quite trust you yet. You only speak to me when I am alone and you abandoned me completely when I went into the waters." Tornuaq thought, he knew he didn't have to speak aloud for The Voice to hear him. "What can I address you as? Right now you're just a voice that a crazy Dorset hunter hears when he's alone."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- The voice is male. The other voice (in pink) is female. She speaks to you less. Please make an idea check.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”