Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq)

Post by trixie »

The sky spirits!

Amongst the bowing people of her tribe, Yuralria quickly sheds her boots and begins to shake them in the air, singing and dancing in a low humming voice.

Thule! Huantla chiup shiya! Stirktla truyi tlalam! Evert-la thundla rotlana ylaipi!

Atka! Atka!!! Quanna pana piqtok!

Atka! Atka! Thule....thule!

Yuralria shook her boot high in the air and let the falling snow drift onto her face in pain filled offering to the thunder sisters. If only they would bring a bolt of lightning and a storm of snow...to cover the village and extinguish the flames! This was the only way! Tears streamed down Yuralria's cheeks at the feeling of her very soul aching for this need from such angry spirits. Would Sedna be displeased?

Atak! Atka! ATKA!!!!
Dancing barefoot, her toes aching from the pain of the cold, Yuralria continued her chant and offering.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, )

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Unulaq presses Sashila’s body to his own. She is warm to the touch. Much warmer than she should be for being submerged in the frigid waterso fhte Weasel river. Unulaq feels better and stronger almost immediately.

Sashila, confused and bewildered, whispers his brother’s name before kissing him softly on the lips and pressing her body closer.

Tornuaq….

oc – roll a sanity check. If you pass do as you wish. If you fail… then please just post your roll.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Dark storm clouds gather over head forming as if from the spirit world itself. Thunder sounds out from the mountains. The clouds move towards the burning Thule village with an unnatural speed and purpose. In the distance a shower rains down from the furious storm clouds smothering the rising trail of smoke. Yuralria then falls to the ground, exhausted, with madness clear in her eyes.

(see pm)

She awakens to Ogtuk-Luk shaking her shoulder!

Are you alright Shaman! We must hurry if we are to reach the Combing grounds in time for your union with the godess.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria looks at Ogtuk-luk, blinking, seeming disoriented and confused. "Yes," she says weakly, sitting up, and looks around at the rest of the villagers.

Where were we again? What happened?

"I....I think I saw......Sedna."
she mumbles, rubbing her eyes deliriously.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq felt a tinge of jealousy for Tornuaq... growing like a cancer inside him. Here he was trekking miles into the icy wasteland after Sashila, risking his life to save her, getting clawed on the face even - and all she was thinking about was Tornuaq. Tornuaq who had obviously loved the Shaman ... yet tugged Sashila by the heartstrings instead of setting her straight and free. Ah well, at least she was warm. And then they kissed....

Sanity (53%) (1d100=87)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The last thing Unulaq remembers is the kiss.

He wakes up on top of Sashila, wrapped in blankets, naked as the day they were born. He is tired to the point of collapse and battles sleep as he opens his eyes. Sashila, her eyes still closed, moans with pleasure.

mmmmm Tornuaq...

Faroo is no where to be seen.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq, though tired, knew this sort of thing was beyond forgiveness. He pushed off of Sashila and said to her harshly, "Snap out of it. Faroo is gone!" Looking around, Unalaq tried to locate his clothes. He kicked off his boots and jacket, so they would still be dry.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-Luk helps the Shaman up from the cold snow. In the disance the fire is out and the smoke no longer billows from the horizon. Ogtuk-luk whispers to Yuralria...

Be strong Yuralria... Your people place much of their hope solely on you!

Yuralria gains her focus and then looks around.

The Dorset tribe has broken formation and have begun to gather around Yuralria and Ogtuk-luk. The fear is plain on their faces. Even Chief Kalituk looks frightened.

Thorrin, however, smiles fondly at Yuralria and begins to sing. His voice is so beautiful that all who hear it must listen. Strangely enough, Yuralria hears every word in perfect Dorset.

Hail Thor, Lord of Thunders,
master of the winds of the western world!
Hail Thor, hammer-wielder,
lord of lightning, lord of storms!

Bring the wind that bears the waters,
Master of the winds of the western world.
Call the cloud and all it utters,
Lord of lightning, lord of storms.

Then slowly Thorrin trails back into Old Norse...

Fetch the flock of cloud-sheep grazing...
Master of the winds af the vestri veröld.
Lyfting the svipuól of lightning blazing...
Lord of lightning, lord of storms.

In your arms the waters gather...
Húsbóndi af the vindur af the vestri veröld.
Svipa the veifa til reiði og löður.
Herra af elding , herra af stormur

When he finishes his ballad, Yuralria regards her people. Many are crying and looking to the sky for answers... others seem on the brink of panic. Even the elders shake their rattles and cry for Sedna's forgiveness.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sashila quickly wakens when Unulaq rises her. Her face turns from unbridled extasy to shock and horror as she looks up to see Unulaq dressing himself. She looks down at her own spent naked body and shivers with fear.

Unulaq? Where is Tornuaq? What happened to my furs? What have you done?

Unulaq then spots Faroo a short 100 meters off. His back is turned and he looks nervously over his shoulder to where Sashila and Unulaq are now quickly dressing themselves.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"It must have been the cold," Unalaq said trying to convince himself more than the girl. "Making our minds think crazy things... I don't know." He pulled his fur jacket tight and looked to her, "I'm sorry that ... well, sorry that it had to happen this way. I've always desired you, but I'm ... I'm not like this. I wouldn't take advantage..."

But he did, didn't he? He slid right in letting her believe he was Tornuaq. Did he do it on purpose? He couldn't be sure. He was embarassed and turned his head from her, "Sashila, I'm ... I'm sorry. I only wanted to save you from the freezing waters. I don't know why we did what we did after."

He started walking away heading toward Faroo, wondering why he hadn't stopped them from doing whatever it was they were doing. He felt more than a bit upset, not only that he was not in control of his own faculties, but also because he couldn't remember anything about their love making... something he had been fantasizing about for so long. Perhaps it was for the best... because if she had been calling Tornuaq's name the entire time, it would have driven him over the edge.

"Faroo... we must go... the ceremony..."
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria looks at Thorrin, a little taken aback and shocked.

"You....you are.....like me?"
She tries to gesture but is unsure if it would come across. She points at him, then pats her chest, trying to sign the words.

"Your song....it is so similar.....and yet.....different."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Faroo has difficulty looking at Unulaq or Sashila in the eyes.

He begins to speak and then looks back across the snowy plains.

Neither of you would stop! I tried... Your eyes were... they were gone... You would not stop your love making... Neither of you would listen... I felt compelled to join you.. I had to leave before my urges... I am so sorry!

Faroo lowers his head.

Sahshila, tears streaming down her face, tries to comfort Faroo but he pushes away. She then turns to Unulaq.

What did we do Unulaq?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq shook his head, "We did nothing. Something had control of us... something used us. Let's get out of this place before something worse happens." He led Sashila over to the dog sled and bundled her in, then approached Faroo again, "We will discuss this with the chief when we get back... later, after the ceremony. I'm glad you were stronger than I to resist. At least we have one person who was in charge of himself who can give testimony. There is no shame in what you did." He patted Faroo on the shoulder and nodded... and wished he could say the same for himself.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Thorrin looks surprised for a moment as he listens to Yuralria's words a momentary look of understanding crosses his face before his usual look of confused excitement returns.

He shrugs his shoulders.

Meanwhile the Dorset people are all staring at Yuralria. They all look terrified. Some even angry!

Yuralria hears whispers from those closest to her.

She is just like Aglakti.

There is darkness in her. Can't you se it?

She is too powerful. She will bring down Sedna's wrath on us all.

She will kill us all!

Chief Kalituk stands and watches Yuralria, his eyes wide with amazement.

Ogtuk-luk grips his spear tightly ready to show his devotion to his Shaman should any of the Dorset villagers get unruly.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Faroo looks at Unualq, but only for a second. The shame is still too close to his heart.

This is something for the Shaman to decide brother. We must hurry back if we are to make the combing ceremony. Perhaps Qannaq had more luck finding Tornuaq than us.

Sashilla stifles a whimper when Faroo mentions Tornuaq. She quickly moves to Faroo'as sled.

Sniff! Then let us make haste brothers...

She looks back to Unulaq and the Dorset Hunter can tell that she is trying her best to be strong. It hurts her dearly even to look at Unulaq.

I am so sorry I brought this on you Unulaq. I love you so much but not as you would like it to be. Please forgive me. These whitemen have more than shiny sharpened earth to harm us. Their power reaches right into our very hearts.

Sashilla turns away from Unulaq and motions for Faroo to move his sled dogs forward, leaving Unualaq to his thoughts.

Unualaq looks back across the river to see a large black wolf staring at him.

ooc- Unulaq go to new thread. Unulaq and the Big Black Dog!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria swings around to face the villagers, her cheeks aflame with loathsome spite.

"Don't think I can't hear you and what you say about me! I just rescued our kin from the burning blaze enveloping their village! And this is how you repay me? By spreading rumours and second guessing my judgement? Who dare says this! Step forward and reveal yourself!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

None of the Dorset villagers dare step forward. A dead silence hushes over the crowd.

Ogtuk-luk points his spear at the crowd gathering, ready for anything.

Chief Kalituk steps forward and raises his arms.

Resume the line! Hurry now brothers and sisters. The Shaman is right. This is a great day. Sedna is an all powerful godess. She rides with us and blesses us all.

Some of the crowd lingers.. Staring at Yuralria with contempt. Others nod and leave peacefully. The Elders shuffle about confused and whisper to each other, pausing every so often to glance concernedly at Yuralria.

Chief Kalituk approaches Yuralria slowly, apprehension in his every step. He lowers his voice so none of the lingering onlookers can hear.

Please Shaman... You must set the example here. That was the most amazing display of power I have ever seen. My people... Our people are frightened. After what happened with Aglakti and the Shadow Bear, can you blame them?

ooc- Psychology check.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Tears slide down Yuralria's cheeks quickly, and she wipes them away without shame or excuse for their existence. She just stands there, staring down at Thule and the sizzling mess of smoke and blackened huts.

"I do not deserve Aglakti's reputation, Chief."
She steadies her gaze, not wanting to look at him, for if she did, she would imply it were his fault. Instead she looked away at the broken village, and her heart ached for her brothers there.

OC Psychology 17 - tried to look up her psychology but it's actually missing from the dark ages character sheet (trust me, i checked) so not sure what the base amount is.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - Sorry... It's insight and you have 20%.

Chief Kalituk stares sympathetically towards Yuralria.

Of coarse Shaman! You deserve better.

He then holds his arms up in the air and calls to his people.

Back in your ranks! Two by two. That is the way! We all move as one.

The Dorset people obey their chief but cast mistrusting glances towards Yuralria.

Chief Kalituk calmy walks up to Yuralria as his people begin to organize themselves. Ogtuk-Luk moves in... his spear held tightly.

You must do more to calm the minds of your people Shaman! Reassure them! You deal in powerful magics! It confuses them! If I was not here.. your defensive nature might have been your undoing. Remember... You speak for Sedna. If they mistrust you... then they mistrust the godess! I will do what I can to help you in this matter!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Very well, Chief. I forget such matters, I suppose. My grandmother would say I forget because of my years." She casts a rueful look at Ogtuk-luk and continues to trudge behind the Chief.

Oh....wisdom....cast over me soon....please....

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”