Page 1 of 1

Chapter 3 : Eskimos : Warming Up : Tornuaq and Qannaq.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq awakens wrapped in furs next to a small fire. The heat brigs the Dorset hunter new life. Still weak from his traumatic ordeal, Tornuaq opens his eyes to see Qannaq poking the fire with his spear. Looking around he can see two sleds and their accompanyment of dogs.

ooc - The sun is now just beginning to set. It will be completely dark again in 2 hours.

Re: Chapter 3 : Eskimos : Warming Up : Tornuaq and Qannaq.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:22 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq shook his head slowly, feeling ashamed. He failed in his mission and wasn't used to failure. If he had found the knife he knew things would be different. However he knew that was also the area where Unulaq threw it. Either the tide had moved it or it was never really thrown into the sea.

He looked at the fire and Qannaq but didn't say anything, he failed, knew it and would now pay for the repercussions. He knew he would never be the same.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 am
by coffee demon
Qannaq is also silent. He looks appraisingly at the young hunter, assessing his health, and carefully watches the horizon, in case the White Giants decide to head inland.

He passes Tornuaq another piece of seal fat that he's been heating on the whale-oil fire.

"Eat another piece, then we'll continue."

Qannaq doesn't make eye contact with Tornuaq. The older hunter thinks it was shameful to run from the camp with such reckless abandon.

[OC: Sorry for the huge pause, I'll try to post daily from now on.]

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq takes the piece of fat but just holds it while thinking about Yuralria and how he failed her.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 pm
by coffee demon
Qannaq waits, watching Tornuaq, but his patience is wearing thin. Eventually he speaks up.

"Eat it, or you'll die of cold on the ride home. You're acting like a child. I've ridden until the sun rose to save your life, now do your part, or you can stay here."

With that, Qannaq blows out the fire, collects the remaining oil in a bladder, and checks the leads on the dogs in preparation for the journey home.

He unties the leads to Tornuaq's sled, signifying that the young hunter should be able to act under his own power from here on.

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:39 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq sits up and stares hard at Qannaq. "A child! A child does not run out into the night for what he believes will help the village, the elders and the shaman with no regard for his life. Leave Qannaq if you believe I acted as a child. In the waters out there is a knife that Unulaq threw that is important to what goes on. I know of this knife, I have held it and felt the power within, it is essential that we have it." With that said he stuffed the whale fat into his mouth but he had no intention of returning to the village.

He wondered where the voice went off to, he hadn't heard it since he awoke and was beginning to wonder if it hadn't lead him astray. Perhaps it was trying to get him out of the way, kill him off even. Leaving the village, traveling across the ice and then jumping into near frozen waters was a thing only the mad would do... then again hearing a voice that only he could hear was a thing of madness as well and it all started with that knife.

Tornuaq shifted his eyes from Qannaq to the ground and the fire he had shown the older hunter died down. Maybe Qannaq was right about leaving but he was certainly wrong about himself acting as a child. He felt a strong surge of violence spread throughout his body but squashed it down. "Maybe Unulaq never threw the cursed thing into the water after all, that could be why I didn't locate it. He knew I was under some spell and would have told me he threw it to Sedna even though he held onto it. What I did wrong was not speaking to Unulaq before I left but even then I would not be sure he wasn't keeping it from me." Tornuaq began in a mild manner, speaking to Qannaq but still looking at the ground, he then looked at the older warrior and said with more fire and passion, "We have to know though where it is, that knife I believe with all my heart is important to our people. I am a good hunter Qannaq, no matter what your opinion is of me and now I hunt the knife. I will find it even if it kills me to do so."

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:17 am
by coffee demon
Qannaq watches the younger hunter sternly, assessing him as he speaks. He remains standing silently and thinking for a long time after Tornuaq finishes speaking.

"If you need this knife, I will not stop you. I helped you once, and rescued you from Sedna, and still you will hunt for this knife. Then I respect your decision. It is something within you."

The elder hunter knows much about the movements of birds, fish, animals, and the wind, but magic and decisions to do with the fate of the tribe are best left to the chief, the shaman, and the council. And, perhaps, sometimes the fate of the tribe must be left to earnest young hunters like Tornuaq.

"I will leave you my provisions, and tell our people of your plans. We will follow the caribou in the spring. If we have not seen you by then, we will mourn your loss."

[OC: I believe it's fall right now? I'm imagining that Dorset people camp in the same area for the winter, and would be easy to find. Qannaq is an older man, and is in denial that the White Giants and the strange omens will change his peoples' annual movements.]

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:05 am
by Andrew
OOC: Figuring that the older hunters teach the younger...

"Of course I will see you soon." Tornuaq began, a smile on his face. "You have taught me well over the years." With that he stood and embraced Qannaq. "Thank you for helping me by leaving your provisions and letting our people know. I will be behind you though by no more than a few days at the most. I must take a better stance and think through my hunt more carefully."

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:45 pm
by coffee demon
Qannaq returns a warm smile. He helps Tornuaq pack up, and gives him all the remaining seal meat that Qannaq packed with him. There is no need for words. It is well understood that the young hunter's skill will be sorely missed - the absence of anyone in the tribe means one less set of hands to help out.

It is a compliment to Tornuaq that Qannaq doesn't mother over him with advice. Tornuaq has shown his knowledge time and again. Anything he will learn from now on, he will learn from experience, not words.

As Tornuaq mounts his sled, Qannaq speaks for the first time in fifteen minutes, delivering his standard farewell.

"Good hunting. Good weather."

The elderly hunter stands in the snow amongst his yapping dogs, watching Tornuaq drive away until he can no longer be seen. He notes the direction Tornuaq heads off in. Then he eases onto his own sled and, with a shout, heads back towards the village.

[OC: Qannaq would visualize the layout of the land in the direction Tornuaq takes off in, and try to imagine where he'd be headed. I would think he'd have a decent idea, based on the hunting routes his people took, or the easiest geographic routes. Or maybe he's heading straight back to the White Giant camp?

Apologies for taking so long to post.]

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq said his good byes but didn't get far. He looked at Qannaq and looked out to the mountains and then to the water. Something felt all wrong about this, he needed to see Unulaq first before he did anything. It would be pointless to carry on a search for the knife if his brother had it all along.

With that he rode back to Qannaq. "Qannaq, I think I'll be joining you on your journey back. I need to see Unulaq. I believe he is my best chance of finding the knife."

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:10 am
by coffee demon
Qannaq nods, and continues driving for a while.

Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps he's not a young, driven hero, and is indecisive and afraid. No matter, I was young once too. Whatever is going on within Tornuaq, he must face it alone, eventually.

As the sun reaches its zenith, barely reaching over the horizon, Qannaq stops the sled.

"That way." He points northeast. "To the coast, for the combing ceremony, and the blessing of the caribou hunt."

Qannaq aims for a direction that will intercept the rest of his people on their way to the coastline. He doesn't want to be alone with Tornuaq on the edge of the water, waiting for the others, in case he falls into madness again and jumps in.

[OC: According to the Keeper:

The tribe is meeting at the combing ceremony about 2 hours sled ride from here (North east) Everyone from the tribe is expected to meet there so the Shaman can dive down into the icy waters and comb Sedna's hair. Sedna will then give her advice and bless this years cariboo hunt.]

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:14 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq and Qannaq ride their sleds with little said between the two Dorset hunters on their journey. As they ride further north, they spot a long trail of smoke rising into the sky. The Thule village to the west burns.

ooc – stop if you want to discuss it. If not then continue on. You expect to head off the Dorset tribe in less than an hours worth of riding.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm
by coffee demon
Qannaq points out the smoke in case Tornuaq didn't see it, and turns in that direction without discussion. If other people on the island are in trouble, it is only right to see if they need help.

[OC: If they make it to the village without incident, Qannaq will dismount from his sled and crawl to the top of a snow drift to peer at the village before they're in sight of the place.]

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:27 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq nods to Qannaq and follows the older hunter, he knew enough to know that there was still things he could pick up and learn. As they headed towards the Thule village, Tornuaq does what Qannaq does unless otherwise instructed.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq and Qannaq race across the snowy planes towards a small Thule fishing ground on the base of the Weasel River. Smoke rises into the morning sky as the sun nears it's apex. It will be dark again in a few hours.

ooc - Spot Hidden check please

ooc - Qannaq. Ride check please.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:55 am
by Andrew
OOC: Mon Jul 28 19:54:26 2008 Andrew 1d100 18 Tornuaq: Spot Hidden (60%)

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
Snow flurries rise and fall all around the two Dorset hunters, making it difficult to spot anything through the blizzard. The small Thule fishing outpost a few hundred meters from the Weasel River is burning and that is impossible to miss; as is the Weasel River itself, which should be frozen over at this time of year. Now it runs freely, carving a watery path across the icy plains, up towards the mountains.

Tornuaq, however, sees something moving quickly towards the river away from the smoke. Two beasts... kicking up more snow than a charging Cariboo. They both glint in the failing sunlight as they continue their charge towards the river and the two Dorset hunters.

ooc- knowledge Own Kingdom check and your actions.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 am
by Andrew
OOC: Own Kingdom 40% Rolled 91%

Tornuaq quickly begins looking for a way across the river.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:21 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq knows the river is shallow in places but he can't for Sedna's good graces remember where. The river is simply too dark to see the stones.

ooc- Tornuaq. Roll Idea!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:46 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Holy shit! He remembered us! :) Tornuaq: Idea 55% Rolled a 05%

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:53 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq remembers that the Thule fishing post was based here because of the shallow water. The men could walk and stretch out their nets clear across the river. (In the summertime mind you) It was barely past their knees.

ooc- You could always throw a spear to test the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 am
by Andrew
Using a spear as a walking stick, Tornuaq began to walk across the river and should he spear a fish while doing so he'll have lunch on the other side. Once across the river he runs from hut to hut trying to see if there are any survivors.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:42 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Ah yes... I somehow did forget about the two beasts.

Tornuaq looked to Qannaq to see what the older hunter would do but he knew it wasn't really necessary. He took two steps and threw his spear at one of the beasts and then drew his shiny sword he took from the viking, readying himself for the charge.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Both Qannaq and Tornuaq have three bone spears. Qannaq has a stone spear as one of his main wepons. Tornuaq you spear throwing % is 35%. damage is 1d6 Plus 1d4 damage bonus. You can throw two spears before the "beasts" reach you. Qannaq will throw two as well.

As the two beasts draws closer, Tornuaq recognizes the armor they wear. They are Vikings atop giant black steeds draped in thick furs and metal like their riders.

ooc- Qannaq rolls: 87 and 93: Miss : sorry!

ooc- Tornuaq I need a strike and damage. Or two strike and two damage rolls.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Hit once, rolled a 14% Damage 4 and 2.

Tornuaq threw his two spears and grimaced as his last one missed. As he saw the vikings approach he said to Qannaq, "They are as fierce as any mountain cat and as mighty as the polar bear." Tornuaq then drew his sword and when the vikings got close he attacks the horse's legs trying to dismount the rider.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Both Vikings have their axes drawn and charge headstrong into the Dorset Hunters. As they quickly cross the shallow river, the dogs scatter to the side... suddenly terrified of the horses.

ooc- roll init. Dexs plus 1d10. Tornuaq has a 12 DEX. Qannaq has a 17.

ooc- Qannaq rolled a http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/269211] 10plus 17 = 27
Vikings rolled a 8 and a 9: plus dexterity = 19 and 20.

ooc- No matter what you roll for init, you will still get your chance to knock a Viking off his horse.

ooc - Tornuaq, you might as well give me an attack, parry damage and damage bonus too. Your sword does 1d8 plus 1d4 damage bonus.

ooc- Qannaq rolls a 56 to hit: Hit. 10 damage if not parried.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:17 am
by Andrew
OOC: Initiative 15, Failed my attack. 94%

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 am
by DSIGFUSS

ooc- parry.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:45 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Oh... sorry. Parry... Um yeah... How do you do that? If you don't mind just roll it for me with an explanation of how you did it. This battle might take forever otherwise. In fact I really don't mind if you roll my rolls for me during combat.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS
PARRY : 91 : FAIL

OOC- Every round you get one free parry with a melee weapon. Your parry is the same as your weapon skill %. I would prefer that everyone make their own rolls. We are playing a game and I like the feel of it better when people are making their own rolls. How pissed would you be if I was like OK you miss and you die. :evil: Sorry...

I'll do it for this round though. :D

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
The two Vikings charge in to meet the Dorset Hunters at the foot of the Weasel River.

One Viking raises his axe up high in the air and sendsw it crashing down for Qannaq's skull. The venerable hunter raises his spear and deflects the blow. His spear splinters. It cannot take another hit like that one again. The second Viking, right behind his companion, leans over on his horse in an attempt to get under Tornuaq's defenses. The Viking's horse stumbles on the river's edge sending the Viking tumbling to the snow at the Tornuaq's feet. Both Tornuaq and Qannaq swing wildly at the charging Vikings, startled by the ferocity of their attack. Both Dorset Hunters miss their mark.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1704286/

ooc- everyone fans! :lol:

ooc- roll init, strike parry, damage and bonus.

Should look like this:

1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 am
by Andrew
OOC: Init: 8, Strike: 76, Parry: 77. Well failed all that too. So I guess this is were Tornuaq dies. By the way, it doesn't matter to me who's horrible rolls kills Tornuaq.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Viking still on horseback turns and swings for Qannaq. The old Dorset hunter raises his axe again and brings it crashing down on Qannaq's spear. The spear splinters in two two, leaving Qannaq momentarily defenseless. Tornuaq thrusts down at the fallen Viking and the Norse warrior rolls to the side, easily avoiding the spear. He arcs his axe upwards as he finally finds his footing but Qannaq is too far away for the Viking to make contact.

Now with all four combatants on their feet... the battle truely begins.

ooc - Well once I find a Viking that can roll below 50% I'll have no problems killing you! :lol: In the mean time. Looks like Tornuaq is still on his feet.

ooc- two more sets of rolls. (Two rounds worth since I think you will both hack and slash it out.) Unless you have other plans... then just one will do.)

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 pm
by Andrew
Edited

OOC: Round One: roll init, strike, parry, damage and bonus (1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[2], [1], [83], [8], [1]) Round Two: roll init, strike, parry, damage and bonus (1d10, 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[9], [71], [79], [6], [4]) Crit Damage: crit damage (1d8, 1d4=[6], [2]) Yeah crit hit on the first attack... Boo missing by one point on the second attack.

Tornuaq stepped back a bit to kick a spear towards Qannaq, with the vikings on the ground the battle was evenly matched and Tornuaq smiled as he swung his viking sword.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/270569

ooc - good rolls for the Eskimos! :D

Tornuaq thrusts his Viking blade deep into the belly of the Norse soldier. The sword sticks for a moment and the two glare at each other. The Viking growls and says something Tornuaq thinks Thorrin might have said if he caught another man with with his hand down his wife's shirt. The Dorset Hunter pulls out the blade as a tick spurt of blood splatters his furs and face. The Viking falls to his knees still holding his axe. He swings feebly but Tornuaq bats the blow away with his own fist.

Meanwhile the Viking rider swings down at Qannaq. Qannaq catchesthe spare spear kicked high in the air by Tornuaq and raises it to his defense. The shaft on the Viking's axe slams into Qannaq's raised spear and the weapon holds. Qannaq, then pushes the axe to the side and stabs up for the rider's neck. The Viking sees the spear coming and raises his shoulder to deflect it. Qannaq's spear finds flesh and the Viking cries out for blood. (2 damage)

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 am
by Andrew
Moving so that the viking on his knees is no threat to him, Tornuaq jumps in and helps Qannaq. "I think we best hurry this and get to the ceremony. It is obvious there is nothing we can do here."

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:32 am
by DSIGFUSS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706044/

As Tornuaq moves away from the wounded Viking to help his fellow Dorset Hunter, the norseman arcs his axe at Tornuaq's back before he falls head first into the snow. His weapon only flies a few feet before it skids along the snow and into the Weasel river. The helmed horseman, still enraged slashes down at Qannaq. Qannaq moves away gracefully and launches his spear just over the Viking's head. He takes another few steps to his sled, his dogs barking madly and reaches for another bone spear.
Then Tornuaq rushes in, his sword high, and punctures the Viking's hip with the sharpest end of his blade. The look in the Norseman'seyes tells the Dorset Hunters that the last standing Viking knows he has lost. He rears his horse and prepares his escape.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Init, Strike, Parry, Damage, Bonus: 7, 30, 50, 2, 1.

Not wanting to waste time and knowing he could not let this viking escape Tornuaq attacked the horse's legs hoping to bring the man and beast down together.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq slashes at the Viking's horse and the steed whinnies and lifts his two front legs high in the air. The rider keeps control of the horse, however and pushes past the two Dorset Hunters.

Then an arrow slices through the metal links in the Vikings armour as if they were made of flesh. The Viking rolls of his horse and lies still, blood inching through the snow where he fell.

Tornuaq and Qannaq both look back to the Thule Fishing village and spot a young Thule boy holding a bow. The child has already notched another arrow. At his feet.. an artcic fox cowers behind him.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:34 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq runs up to the boy, "That was really great shooting! Whoever taught you to use a bow must have been a great hunter." Once he's at the village, Tornuaq looks around and then asks the boy in a lower tone, "Say, what's your name? Have you seen anyone else that's... well... alive?" A lump rose in his throat and he fought hard to settle it. Whoever was left had to come with him and Qannaq to meet with the chiefs, elders and most importantly Yuralria.

Tornuaq sighed as their brief encounter in Unulaq's tent flashed before his eyes. Somehow he was going to marry her and he was going to do it with the blessings of the elders, chiefs and even Sedna herself!

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq sees the ground is littered with dead Thule villagers. The Vikings were not picky either. Men, women and children of all ages lie frozen in the snow. Some of the corpses are burned and hacked apart most savagely. It is truely a gruesome sight... If the Vikings were to come across his own people...

ooc- Sanity check 1/1d6

As the Thule boy gets closer, Tornuaq notices he has a symbol of some sort carved onto his forehead. It still drips blood. The boy... seemingly uneffected by the gore or still in shock, answers Tornuaq.

"My name is Torngasak, and I am the son of a Thule. What can you tell me about these Norsemen you were fighting?"

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:45 am
by Andrew

OOC: Failed by 4 lost 1 point anyway. :)

"My name is Tornuaq and that over there is Qannaq. As for those Norseman, besides that they rode from your village to attack Qannaq and I, I can't tell you anything about them. However we need to go. Our shaman is leading my people to the river for a ceremony in which she will speak to Sedna. You must come along and tell them the story of your people." Tornuaq stated trying to avoid looking at the sight before him.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:56 pm
by Ignatius00

The boy nods, eager to be with more of his kind.

"Just tell me when it is time to spill more Norse blood."

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 pm
by Andrew
Tornuaq nodded and turned his back on the village, "We will have to be swift, you can either ride with Qannaq or I, Qannaq however is the more experienced of the two of us." With that said, Tornuaq ran across the river and quickly rifled through the Norseman's body to see if there was anything of value. He picked up the axe and shoved it through his belt loop. Once he grabbed all that was there he jumped on his sled and took off for the ceremony.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 am
by Andrew
OOC: Don't forget about Tornuaq! He wants to see his friends and well... you know who else. :)

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Very soon.... :D

The Dorset Hunters pack their things.

The Vikings had many curious items attached to their riding harnasses.

In a pouch Tornuaq found several metal bars with faces and runes inscribed on them. None of them like the rune the young Thule boy had carved in his forehead, but runes nonetheless.

Tornuaq found several long metal knives with scabbards. Two shiny shirts of lesser quality and far more bulk than the one Tornuaq saw on Thorrin.

Each of the Vikings had an Axe but one had slid into the river. Another of the two had a small one handed sword, thinner than the Viking broadsword that Tornuaq had taken from his last victim.

Each of the Vikings also wore alot of shiny metal jewelry and were covered in thick black furs that smelled of whitemen and rotten fruits. One piece that the first Viking Tornuaq had killed worn was of particular interest. A golden hammer encrusted with brilliantly cut red stones that twinkled in the moonlight.

One of the horses had a long coil of rope that was crafted better than any twine Tornuaq had ever seen. At it's end was a sharp hook. Wrapped up in the rope was a strange pair of boots layered in metal spikes.

Plus of coarse... there were two horses.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:37 am
by Andrew
Tornuaq takes the things that were on the Vikings and puts them on his sled and the horses. He then takes the reigns to one horse and tries to mount it like he had seen the Vikings. Once on he tries to get the horse to go towards the ceremony.

OOC: How cool would that be for him to ride to his people on a horse!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:54 am
by DSIGFUSS
Tornuaq saddles the horse easy enough and then nudges the horse forward. The beast bucks and moves forward a few steps before lurching to a sudden stop.

ooc - roll Dex x4

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:04 am
by Andrew
OOC: This is gonna hurt. Needed a 48%, rolled a 62%.

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
The giant Icelandic mare lifts his front hooves high into the air flinging Tornuaq from the horses back. The hoirse is trained well though. It simply stands tall and waits for Tornuaq to... do whatever Tornuaq was planning on doing.

Now Torngasak has crossed the shallow Weasel river, carrrying his grey furred Artic Fox. He stands close to Qannaq watching Tornuaq try to mount the beast. Tornuaq and Qannaq, both trained hunters, hear an old woman laughing at Torngasak's feet. All they see is the Fox however, curled around the boy's legs, frightened of the Icelandic Warhorse.

ooc- Spot Hidden.

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm
by Andrew
OOC: Apparently Tornuaq is blind. Rolled a 91%.

Knowing that the world was just even more crazier by the second Tornuaq grabbed the reigns of the horse and got on his sled. "Let's get out of here before the fox decides to start laughing as well."

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The group continues along with both Tornuaq and Qannaq tying one of the Viking horses onto their sled. Torngasak ans his pet fox ride on Qannaq's sled.

The way is slow but both Dorset men know they will make it to the Combing Cermony Grounds before the tribe arrives.

Qannaq, knowing these plains more than most Dorset Hunters leads the way until you finally pick up the tribes trail. All member of the tribe walk in pairs in a long procession to the combing ceremony grounds.

You follow the tracks for an hour until you spot two Dorset Hunters standing guard. This was out of the ordinary but understandable under the circumstances.

GO TO CHAPTER 3: SEDNA'S COMB