Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 : Sedna's Comb : (Yuralria, Ogtuk-Luk, Unulaq )

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Thule boy doesn't take his eye of Thorrin as he moves, nor does he stop glaring and gritting his teeth.

As he watches and Thorrin speaks, Torgusak turns to Unulaq...

Yes! The Norseman says he wants Tornuaq to get up. To mount the creature.

He then turns back to Yuralria and lowers his head.

I will help you Shaman... I will help the Dorsets as there are no more Thule left to help.... I just won't like it.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Cool! Because well... We love drama!

Tornuaq smiles and climbs onto the horse. It was like Thorrin had read his mind though, after the embarrassment of the first try he realized he was going to need help mastering this beast and who better than Thorrin.

As he slowly got in the saddle and sat straight up he looked at his people and then at Thorrin and realized he felt a very similar loyalty to the Norseman. Could it be because in truth Thorrin, Unulaq and himself had all shared in a circle of saving each others lives? Or was it just simply because Thorrin, once you got past the differences and language barrier he was just like himself? Or could it be because he was just so damn like able!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq looked at Tornuaq as he rode proudly behind Thorrin and couldn't help wondering if he should mention the little happening between Sashilla and himself down at the unfrozen river that ran the wrong way... but then looked at Yuralria. Perhaps there was still a chance that those two might unite, leaving Sashilla without a likely suitor... and leaving him in the clear. The next time they would be intimate, it would be planned. He looked around for Sashilla and wondered how she was doing... how violated she must feel.

Taking a deep breath, the hunter pushed the thought out of his mind. He looked back at Torgusak and said, "Good. I am proud of you. One day you will make a great hunter... you have strength beyond your years." He pointed to Thorrin and asked Torgusak, "Can you ask him please... what does he know about a black wolf?"
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Yuralria squeezes Torngusak's hand reassuringly, "You're angry. I understand, Torngusak. Do you want to know a secret?" She leans down to whisper in his ear, "I would be too if I were you. But be careful what you do with that anger. It will begin to own you if you let it."

She straightens again, her eyes flickering over Tornuaq mounting the horse, "My grandfather told me many times, "The hot sun melts away the snow; when anger comes, does wisdom go." Her eyes flickered at the sight of Tornuaq, taking so easily to this other way of life. How could he trust Thorrin and his different ways so easily? She was reeling from fear at the many differences in her people already....he was riding unknown beasts and rubbing elbows with the stranger himself....how did he sleep at night? She turned crimson at that thought and looked away quickly after.

OC Drama....YAH BABY :mrgreen:
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Torngusak smiles at Unulaq.

Of coarse! Whatever I can do to help. Maybe Kadgit knows...

The boy shakes his head.

No! Sorry! I will ask the Norseman though.... If he ever comes back here!

Torngusak's eyes follow Thorrin and Tornuaq as Thorrin forces both horses to race faster. His eyes narrow as he addresses Yuralria 's comment.

Hate is all that there is now! Hate and Vengeance!

The words are disturbing for so young a boy! The seriousness in his voice casts an eerie silence over the group. Yuralria and Unualaq can't help but look away from the boy. His age... his hate filled eyes are simply to much to bare. Tornuaq however is putting on quite the show. Both Thorrin and Tornuaq laugh as they pick up speed.. Tornuaq bouncing uncomfortably on the saddle... bouncing... bouncing... bouncing... Yuralria can't help but stare! Unulaq doesn't know where to look anymore. Everything used to be so easy before the Norsemen came.

ooc- Tornuaq roll DEX x5 to stay on the horse. ( No damage from a fall as you are knee deep in snow) Everyone is watching though! :lol:

ooc- Unulaq Spot Hidden (-20%)

ooc- Thorrin is already a fair distance away riding with Tornuaq so the Black Wolf questions will have to wait until the combing ceremonial grounds.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Figures, even on my birthday I can't roll right. Then again its been a crappy birthday so this is fitting. Rolled 80, failed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Spot Hidden (78-20=58%) (1d100=70) / Unalaq was too flustered to notice that Yuralria was getting turned on by the repetitive bouncing up and down with Thorrin in the saddle. :))

Unalaq started walking away from the boy. He wasn't sure what to say to him. He had good reason to be so filled with hatred. Truth was, Unalaq was afraid that if we were to spend much more time with Torngusak, he might start giving him ideas on how to best go about with his thoughts of revenge.

The Inuit hunter went back to his dog sled and saw to his dogs to make sure they are ready to continue the trip. He asked one of the elders who didn't seem to be walking so well to ride in his sled.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC *Offers cupcake with candle* Happy birthday Andrew! Sorry it's a sucky one though! :?

Yuralria looks at Torngusak with disappointed eyes, but decides to leave the issue for the time being. What more could she possibly say? He had every right to feel the way he did. But the minute he acted on it, it was going to turn around to bite him square in the ass. A boy his age with a temperament like that was nothing short of a walking disaster. She resolved to keep a close eye on Torngusak and intervene when necessary, lest he bring about Sedna's anger.

She watched Tornuaq for a bit, while stifling her grin without much success. The comedic bouncing became more and more pronounced until finally he fell off and hit the snow with a dramatic spray of flying white.

She couldn't help herself, she fled to his side, "Tornuaq! Are you alright?" She offered a hand to him to pull him out, then thought better of it with the whole village watching. "Are you hurt?" she asked with her choked, concerned voice.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: It's alright, most birthdays for me suck anyway. It's like destiny or fate has deemed that every birthday something crappy will happen. Usually it's a cold or flu, sometimes an injury. This year it was being forced to work in direct sunlight with no shade for 10 hours. Heat index here in FL was 112 degrees and my thermostat that I leave in the sun reached over 126. So that combined with stupid little things made it a very unpleasant sort of day... but thank you for the cupcake!

Tornuaq's eyes went wide as he plummeted into the snow and as he lay there he started to laugh! It was exhilarating to ride on one of those beasts! As he started to move and saw Yuralria. "Yes I am fine! The snow made quite a cushion. That was one of the best experiences of my life!" He stood up and looked deep into Yuralria's eyes, "You need to try, maybe not right now but one day. Perhaps after I've fallen off enough times I'll be better able to teach you." He stated with a sly smile.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC 112 degrees? :shock: I'll trade you....we're 16 c! Brrrrr

Yuralria began to giggle as well once she heard Tornuaq's muffled laughter from under the snow. As he got up she threw a snow ball at him, grinning at what she deemed as another one of his theatrical stunts to get her worried.

"Tornuaq, you devil! You worry me for nothing!"
She slung more snow at him, hitting him square in the chest, "You MUST teach me....it looks like fun! I've never seen such a beast...are they friendly?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq looked down at the snow when Yuralria mentioned that he worried her, he did not want to worry her and he suddenly felt bad for even getting on the beast but when the snow hit him in the chest he looked up at her, a fire in his eyes and Tornuaq brushed away the snow with a smile, "It is fun, they move so much more elegantly than the dogs, move faster and the wind whipping through your hair just incredible! They seem to be friendly, they have big teeth but it hasn't tried to bite me, not yet at least. I will have to keep practicing so that I am able to control the animal and have you ride with me. It is my greatest wish to give you a ride and show you what fun it is, then I can teach you as well."
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC....pausing for OC.....
andrew wrote: It is my greatest wish to give you a ride and show you what fun it is
Uhm....is it just me....or..... :lol:
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria appeared somewhat misty eyed as she looked at Tornuaq. If only I could be held by him....have him kiss me again....oh! Sedna! I want to so badly!

She smiled, somewhat painfully, then replied, "I'd like that." Her eyes flickered to the villagers beyond. Had they seen her flirting? Had they seen her throwing snow at him? Was it plain to them all what her true desire was? She felt every hair on her head stand on end, and bowed her head, ashamed.

"We mustn't be late for the ceremony. I suppose we should carry on."
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq smiled and stepped forward, he must have stepped on ice because suddenly his foot shot out from under him! Grabbing the closest person to him, which ironically Yuralria was only an arms length away, Tornuaq tried to keep his footing but it seemed he had caught her off guard and he was too heavy. He fell backwards into the deep snow with Yuralria falling onto of him! Once hidden because of the snow, Tornuaq kissed Yuralria on the lips with as much passion as a few seconds would allow. He then closed his eyes and waited for the shaman to smack him.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

The shock of Tornuaq pulling her to the snow didn't last long. She closed her eyes and kissed him back, feeling the passion she always did for him return. Her hands crept up to his chest, exploring, and she shook inside from her own intense desires. Why is this so hard? I shouldn't be here...shouldn't be doing this...least of all in a clearing with the villagers only a few feet away!

She let go for a moment, let it wash over her, then startled back to reality after several moments. As usual, the terrible feeling of doom began to creep in through her toes, up her legs, into her stomach, and it lingered there, squeezing nauseatingly. She jumped up, smearing her cold wet cheeks with the sleeves of her fur coat.

The Chief! Did he see??
She looked over her shoulder, acutely aware of every hair standing up on her head. She reeled from the blood flow to her head, and from the intoxicating scent of Tornuaq lingering on her furs. Then she bent over, and put her head between her knees. I need to run away from all this....I just can't live like this anymore..... She looked back at Tornuaq, laying in the snow, and bit her lip. "Meet me later. After Sedna," she whispered, then offered him a hand up.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq took her hand, the embarrassed look on his face was in hopes of fooling the Dorset people into believing he blundered yet again. With his past of doing silly things and silly things happening to him, it wasn't hard to believe that he fell back and pulled the shaman down with him... was it? As he stood he changed his expression from embarrassed to sheepish. Looking at Yuralria he simply nodded and then went over to Thorrin and the horses.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq had noticed the quick motion out of his peripheral vision and turned his head to look and see Tornuaq pull Yuralria on top of him. He shook his head and turned away again - knowing what that was all about. He hoped the other Inuit were the idiots that Yuralria and Tornuaq made them out to be, but he doubted it. Cracking his dog sled reigns, Unalaq got the dogs running and ran along side as long as he could - stealing a few moments of rest from time to time by jumping on the back of the sled. At least the one elder that he was giving the ride to would not have witnessed anything between the two lovebirds. But Sedna would know... and he wondered just what She would think about it. He might never know.

Having taken a lead to the group, Unalaq made the effort to keep within eyesight of those behind him as he pushed on toward the ceremony grounds.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-luk just moments behind the kiss grabs Yuralria by the arm and pulls her away from the scene in the snow. He glares at Tornuaq as he meets Thorrin and then turns sharply back to his Shaman.

You disgrace yourself... Come! Quickly!

He then proceeds to drag her far ahead of the tribe. They will walk the rest of the way alone.

Thorrin smiles and puts his hand on Tornuaq's shoulder.

Þú ert a heppinn maður Tornuaq... A kona með máttur og fegurð er a sjaldgæfur og fallegur hlutur.

He then laughs and continues to walk alongside his new horse. He hands the reigns od the second horse to Tornuaq.

It seems as though all of the Dorset people were watching the spectacle that was Yuralria and Tornuaq's love. As the tribe continues on, men and women alike stare in disgust as they pass by the Dorset Hunter. All but Sashila... Her look is something completely different. Tears stream down her face and she turns away, too hurt to meet eyes with Tornuaq.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Yuralria has to walk in giant steps to keep up with Ogtuk-luk's rage-induced forced march.

"Ow! Ogtuk-luk! Stop it! It was all his fault...he slipped and pulled me down! I didn't mean to kiss him....it just sort of....happened! My face fell on his! Please....stop dragging me! It hurts!" Yuralria starts crying from the pain of him dragging her....he's caught her hair in his clutches and it was pulling something fierce.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq sighed, that was probably not the smartest thing to do, he wished he knew what Thorrin said, it sounded cheerful enough. He handed the reigns back to Thorrin and wished he could ride better because he'd just take the horse, instead he went over to his dog sled, checked the dogs over and then jumped on and took off, not with the Dorset people but back to the beach where the dagger was.

This was turning out to be no kind of life, the woman he loved he couldn't have, the woman who loved him he could never be completely true to, not in heart anyway. Sashila was a wonderful girl and would be a great wife to any man lucky enough to marry her, he hoped that Unulaq caught her eye after the hurt he bestowed upon her faded, they would make a good couple. For him it would be a lonely life... or a slow death out on the cold plains when he mets more vikings than he can handle.

Return to “Chapter 3: When I See An Elephant Fly!”