Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ralazere
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Character Selection and Discussion

Post by ralazere »

I wouldn't mind playing Joe Soarez if he's available now. He sounds more like my speed. :)
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You've got him! I already sent you his secrets and instructions for getting started in a PM.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
mrcartoon
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by mrcartoon »

I'd like to play Airman Greg Applebee please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You've got him! Welcome aboard, mrcartoon!

To catch up on Greg Applebee's story, you should start by reading Unhappy Landings, followed by Iroquois Down and then The Siege. I'll send you his secrets shortly. Once you've read them and caught up, you can take over Greg Applebee and start posting for him. Greg Applebee is currently at the southeast corner of the motel. He can move to the southwest corner this round, which is where he's heading, but he will not be able to shoot until the after the next major update for Through, which should be coming tomorrow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mrcartoon
Layman
Layman

Post by mrcartoon »

hey hey, I was wondering if I might take up another free or MIA character, Kincaid or Granger as well?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, they're both still available. Let me know which one you want by posting here, and I'll send you his secrets.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mrcartoon
Layman
Layman

Post by mrcartoon »

i'll take Kincaid.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

He's all yours. I've sent you his secrets, and you can start playing him. You've already read Unhappy Landings, Iroquois Down, and The Siege for Applebee, so after that you're all set. You can start posting as soon as you're ready. Kincaid can reach the northeast corner of the balcony this round, but he can't go grabbing weapons and ammo just yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The new Chapter 4 characters have just been posted in the Chapter 4 subforum, and there are 50 of them. Each player should choose three characters, though you are optionally allowed a total of four. The survivors are divided into four groups, as follows:
GOLD: The survivors who fled the T-Bone, heading for Warren Air Force Base
SWORD: Just Sally (for now)
JUNO: Kathryn McCoy and the survivng members of the Montrose and Perkins families, and the new characters at the convenience store
OMAHA: The characters in the helicopter group, and the vast majority of the new characters at Brooks High School in Omaha

You may choose existing characters from the first three chapters at any time, provided you have read the relevant chapter(s). Characters introduced in Chapter 2 may be chosen if you have read that chapter and the threads the characters have passed through in Chapter 3. Characters introduced in Chapter 1 may be chosen if you have read both of the first two chapters as well as the characters' Chapter 3 threads.

There are 50 new characters, and no prior reading is required to play them. Though the character limit is four, you may only choose three initially so that other players have a wider selection. Once every player has had a chance to choose their three characters, the remaining characters are available for all to select. This means existing players may fill their slots with new characters, and new players are also free to choose a fourth character from those still available. If you already have a character, you may choose two more initially to fill up to three slots.

Characters are given out on a first come, first served basis. You pick them by replying to this thread and telling me which ones you want, and then I'll send you their secrets by PM. Once you've received their secrets, your decision is final.

There are four batches of new characters being introduced, one in the JUNO group and three in the OMAHA group. Due to the situation, there are only existing characters in the SWORD and GOLD groups, but new ones may be introduced later in the chapter.

The following restrictions apply to choosing characters:
  • You may have no more than four characters in all
  • You may have a maxmium of two characters in any one group. If you do choose two characters from the same group, you should take them from different subgroups. I'll explain what the subgroups are when I post the character sheets. For instance, the OMAHA group consists of the existing characters on the helicopter, faculty/staff at the school, students at the school, and others.
  • The only exception to the above restriction is that you may have three or four characters in the OMAHA group if you have at least one from each new batch.
  • You may choose only one character from JUNO, and only if you do not have one in it already. This is because the JUNO group has a small number of new characters and will run out if players take two of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Alex Tru
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Alex Tru »

If it's alright I would like to play Elijah Smith as well as Murray. That way if I screw up I probably wont be responsible for to many deaths. I will let the more experienced players take their pick and if there is any left over I may choose a third.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You've got them! You can always pick up another character or two later if you want, but you don't have to. There's a chance I may be sending out secrets tonight; otherwise, it'll probably have to wait until Wednesday.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

I'll be taking Marcus Williams from Juno, and Donald Woodridge from Omaha if you please.

Oh, and Mr. Handy, does it matter what ethnicity for Donald Woodridge? I'm thinking Morgan Freemand's image:

And for Marcus Williams... ... um I'm thinking:

Just kidding... still got to put some thought into him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

They're now yours. It's funny, but Morgan Freeman was exactly the mental image I had in mind for Donald Woodridge. I'll update the character sheet thread with his picture.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

As you know I have picked Victor Gonzalaz and Danell Jones to add to Colin Lewis for now.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

For Marcus William, I've been trying to find a big guy who is not too attractive. Hard to find actors like that, you know?

But what do you think about Clarke Duncan:

Too big? Nice picture though...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That one will do just fine. I've already placed the picture on the Character Sheets thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

I am going to have to send you a new picture for Danell Jones it appeares since it will not come up.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Mr. Handy... PM me a message with what you'd like to advertise for this game, and I'll be happy to post it on my site for you. Maybe I can drum up a few more players?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Howdy! Since I´ve been keeping only one zombie slaying character and her life span is running out...some time soon. I´ll add mr Montoya to my character list. Emilio will be ready with a large spanner to deal with anyone trying to mess with Chuck´s auto shop. That is if he´s not taken yet. Pic will be decided later.
Over and out!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I hope Emilio finds that six-fingered bastard that killed his father.

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”